Eternal Lands Official Forums
Learner

Rent-A-Ant

But when you take them into PK with you and then you get attacked and die, will they attack the person who attacked me, just like the regular ants do?

They WILL NOT MULE or fight for you! They are currently for looks and fun!

They WILL NOT MULE or fight for you! They are currently for looks and fun!

<<specifically refering to the fine print of the quote>>

Hmmmmm ... was going to use another phrase ... but are you sort of opening a house of ill-repute with ... ummm ... errr ... rental employees?

:):icon8:

Edited by Ikaris

i wouldnt rent a ant untill they can do more, this gave me an idea would it be possible to make ants a bit like wanderingfool but only for the person who owns him it would certainly make ants much more fun and i think quiet a few would rent one then (i certainly would)

With the increase in the usage of Ants and C2, a new command has been added to them, 'ring' or 'use ring' will tell the ant to check it's inventory and use a tport ring to change maps. You can't control which ring, so don't overload them with different ones.

Currently, the Ants don't automatically walk out of the C2 underworld, this will be getting changed.

Do you get a bit brassed off at your Ant???

Does it refuse to use some doors and gates??

After much poking and proding and chastisements. Ant_Moebird and Ant_Bea finally learned their lessons.

You only need to take them to the sweet spot, and make them use it and they will remember that the teleportal is there and use it when told to.....

Now our Ants can come nearly anywhere we wish to take them. So if you need to take your Ant somewhere, LadyBea and Moebird may have the co-ords of how to do it.......

do u have to pay real money? :devlish:

Read the First post in this thread............. :)

P.S. We are having a lot of fun with our Ants. These are the best pets on Eternal Lands.

These sound cool.

I have read all 3 pages of this thread so far, and was wondering (from learner) what the answers are to the following 3 questions:

1. is it legal to have ants sit on a bag?

2. what is the Trade command for? and how do you prevent muling if trade is enabled?

3. if #1 is legal, is there a command to make an ant drop a specified # of an item to refresh a bag?

I think #1 and #3 are illegal, as is muling, it's really equivilent to cheating, but i found the list of commands available, and the questions associated with these uses quite interesting.

The answers to those questions that I can see...............

"1. is it legal to have ants sit on a bag?"

"3. if #1 is legal, is there a command to make an ant drop a specified # of an item to refresh a bag?"

I can't see anything wrong with a Ant protecting your bag if you need to hop over to storage. or just go somewhere for a few minutes....

The Ant cannot refresh bag as there is no way of making them drop something. It is up to you to get the bag refreshed within the 12 minute time limit. They do not and will not carry stuff for you.

I'm sure if it is illegal for them to look after a bag for us, then we will get told. :)

"2. what is the Trade command for? and how do you prevent muling if trade is enabled?"

The trade command is used to stop others trading with your ant and loading them up with litterally junk. You can still trade with your own ant, and you need to to give them food to eat. They do not harvest their own food. They do not pick up bags. If you give them something then they stuck with it... I know my ant has been traded with a couple of times by accident and I'm sure she has some gold on her (was me that traded with her without checking I was trading with the right trade bot.)

They are strictly for looks and fun.

P.S. by the way as you have guessed I am not learner, just a very satisfied Ant owner :pickaxe:

Edited by LadyBea

-Could(for a little extra money) they take messages for you/send a message to someone when they log on?

-Do they have to be part of Guild Ant, or can they be in your guild?

Thanks,

Shuj.

They can join your guild as long as the account has joined the guild before it becomes a bot. as for the messages, you will need to ask Learner about that.

-Could(for a little extra money) they take messages for you/send a message to someone when they log on?

Thanks,

Shuj.

For getting messages when you are off line, the Bot Gossip will relay messages to you and you can send messages through Gossip to others that are not online.

While these ants are very cute and fun, please remember to not leave your pets unattended and afk around public places such as storages or beam/wraith or at the docks for example...

If you need to afk or log off, please put your pet away in a house or a more remote area.

The answers to those questions that I can see...............

"1. is it legal to have ants sit on a bag?"

"3. if #1 is legal, is there a command to make an ant drop a specified # of an item to refresh a bag?"

I can't see anything wrong with a Ant protecting your bag if you need to hop over to storage. or just go somewhere for a few minutes....

The Ant cannot refresh bag as there is no way of making them drop something. It is up to you to get the bag refreshed within the 12 minute time limit. They do not and will not carry stuff for you.

I'm sure if it is illegal for them to look after a bag for us, then we will get told. :)

Please please please do not answer rule legality questions unless you are a moderator!!! This is absolutely NOT legal!

While these ants are very cute and fun, please remember to not leave your pets unattended and afk around public places such as storages or beam/wraith or at the docks for example...

If you need to afk or log off, please put your pet away in a house or a more remote area.

In the near future I will be adding a feature that an Ant can log itself off if it's owner hasn't been online for the last 5 minutes or so.

Once the next update comes out, people will have the option of renting a pet Fox instead of an Ant. This cost $100/yr extra and a portion of it goes to Entropy to help support EL. Existing Ants can be upgraded for the fee as well.

Also, a hint to pet owners, make sure you get some Perception for your pets to help them follow you around at night!

A simple Pet information page can also be found at http://el.other-life.com/Pets/pets.php

Please tell me why these pet ants can't sit on a bag? I know they can't mule or haul, but they should be able to sit on a bag if you tell them to.. afterall, they are rented slaves! :)

I think the people who have invested their money into this, should have a vote on this matter. As far as I can see, this was the only advantage into paying rl money for one. I do agree with the not muling/mining and leaving in busy public places... though I have been guilty of that myself. :(

Please tell me why these pet ants can't sit on a bag? I know they can't mule or haul, but they should be able to sit on a bag if you tell them to.. afterall, they are rented slaves! :P

Because that would be just like having an alt do that for you and that IS very illegal. Please read rule 5 about illegal multiplay. It is VERY clear.

I think the people who have invested their money into this, should have a vote on this matter. As far as I can see, this was the only advantage into paying rl money for one. I do agree with the not muling/mining and leaving in busy public places... though I have been guilty of that myself. :w00t:

On this theory, this means that people who paid for a p2p race should be able to illegally multiplay because they paid money? Not everything in this game is up for vote and decided by majority rules. It is Ent's game, he decides what is legal or not.

I'm very clear on the rules, but an ant can in noway be considered an alt.. 1.. you can't log into it 2.. it can't harvest..3.. it can't fight.. 4.. it can't mule.. 5.. it can't trade.. 6.. it can't sell.. 7.. I could keep going, but I think I made my point here.

It really drives me crazy when people try to compare apples to oranges. An ant cannot be compared to a p2p race. I also checked Learners Bot Page, and the rules there say nothing about not being able to sit on the bags. I agree, it's ent's game, but at the same time.. some respect should be given to the customers who support it.

I would like to hear other moderators opinions on this matter. I really think that it's ridiculous that you are trying to take away this privilege. If they're not supposed to do it, then why are they able to.

Edited by Blue

I'm very clear on the rules, but an ant can in noway be considered an alt.. 1.. you can't log into it 2.. it can't harvest..3.. it can't fight.. 4.. it can't mule.. 5.. it can't trade.. 6.. it can't sell.. 7.. I could keep going, but I think I made my point here.

It really drives me crazy when people try to compare apples to oranges. An ant cannot be compared to a p2p race. I also checked Learners Bot Page, and the rules there say nothing about not being able to sit on the bags. I agree, it's ent's game, but at the same time.. some respect should be given to the customers who support it.

I would like to hear other moderators opinions on this matter. I really think that it's ridiculous that you are trying to take away this privilege. If they're not supposed to do it, then why are they able to.

It is also very hard to get the ant to sit on the bag. Even if you have it standing at the right spot and facing the proper direction and you die, then you have to order it to move forward and hope your ant actually stepped on the bag instead of bumping into the monster that killed you.

The illegal multiplay rule is about using another character to help yourself. Even though it is not on your IP and you cannot log on it, you CAN control it and therefore it is the equivilent of an alt.

And to expound further on YOUR point...it is a bot. Have you read the bot rules?

Rule 5 from bot rules (see bot section):

5. Bots that serve their master in a way such as muling are illegal (see the rules for multiplaying).

You are the one who brought up paying money to support the game and it's creators. This is no different from buying a p2p race which has NO benefits other than looks. Also note that bot owners have also paid a hefty fee for the privilege of having a bot, and they certainly aren't allowed to use them to bag sit. Did you read Learner's first post? It says, and I directly quote: "More commands will be added as their use is evaluated and potential for abuse. Abuse of an Ant will can be punished by Rental cancellation Without Refund.

They WILL NOT MULE or fight for you! They are currently for looks and fun!"

Now... in your scenario, you are just reversing the roles...the ant sits on the bag and YOU mule. What's the difference exactly?

I would like to hear other moderators opinions on this matter. I really think that it's ridiculous that you are trying to take away this privilege.
You did not have the privilege in the first place. It is not being taken away. And until ant and pet renters are specifically granted this exception from the rules, it IS illegal.

If they're not supposed to do it, then why are they able to.
That is why there are 26 rules in place, it is impossible to "not be able" to do everything we don't want people to be able to do. If this were the case, there would be no need for rules now, would there.

My final thoughts on this is that until given explicit permission to be exempt from the rules (which as far as I can see these pets have not), they must follow the game rules as all other bots and alts must.

aaawww.... i realy wanna have a pet/ant but to bad it will cost $. cant we just pay GC to Learner? that would be cool for a nice price :evilgrin:

Edited by -Hope-

aaawww.... i realy wanna have a pet/ant but to bad it will cost $. cant we just pay GC to Learner? that would be cool for a nice price :P

It wouldn't be so bad, but I bet he charges are to pay for his server/coding time those ants take.

It's like the p2p races, they are just enhancements, you pay money, you help them pay for the expences to run the game..

Games need funding, it's a free game, but the extra stuff is added to help pay for the costs to run it.

Website, Coding, TIME, Severspace, and anything else I am unfamiler with.

In all honestly we are VERY lucky to be given a choice to pay money, rather than just having to pay altogether to play the game :evilgrin: