Eternal Lands Official Forums
milesp

A Change in Success since the Server Move?

I'm guessing unusual harvest events would be worth noting too?

I've been hit by Mother Nature for 11 points of damage 3 times within the past 5 minutes, not sure how common that would be.

Darc0

K, something is definitely wrong with the "creating EFE while making FE" stuff. I'm alch 54 with no artificer.

Prior to the server swap I was hitting the 3-in-10000 rate pretty much right on. Had made 9 EFE in

about 31K FE. At around 34K FE, I was sort of expecting the next EFE, but no go. I was about 36-37K

FE total when the server swap came, and still no EFE. I'm now currently at 44K FE total and no new

EFE at all. That's roughly 7K FE made on the new server and no EFE's made at all. I'm not seeing

any real difference in food or ingredients failures (gut feel, no detailed notes there), just not making any

EFE at all.

Hope this helps out!

K, something is definitely wrong with the "creating EFE while making FE" stuff. I'm alch 54 with no artificer.

Prior to the server swap I was hitting the 3-in-10000 rate pretty much right on. Had made 9 EFE in

about 31K FE. At around 34K FE, I was sort of expecting the next EFE, but no go. I was about 36-37K

FE total when the server swap came, and still no EFE. I'm now currently at 44K FE total and no new

EFE at all. That's roughly 7K FE made on the new server and no EFE's made at all. I'm not seeing

any real difference in food or ingredients failures (gut feel, no detailed notes there), just not making any

EFE at all.

Hope this helps out!

This is a matter of Phormagos having a lot of bad luck. As you can see, many people posted here that they actually had an increased rate in EFEs, and if my theories are true, the way the numbers are biased, it is more likely to make more rare items.

So i'll be seriously crossing my fingers that all the missing ones show up in the next 3k. Don't change out the

random number generator just yet Ent... :D:blush: Gimme some of that more rare bias please please please!

Edited by Phormagos

So i'll be seriously crossing my fingers that all the missing ones show up in the next 3k. Don't change out the

random number generator just yet Ent... :P:) Gimme some of that more rare bias please please please!

Ohh a common misunderstanding - You are no more likely to get an increased chance of making the EFE just because you have had a run of bad luck!! Random doesn't mean uniform

It certainly doesn't mean uniform, quite the opposite. There are way too many instances of people in my guild making two enriched essences in the same batch of a few hundred. And we made enough essences to turn randomness into statistics.

I have no clou about why the harvesting of entropy from machine devices should be producing a pattern, but it must be there.

Could it be possible to use the input from all the client software as an alternative random source? That way, the players would become responsible for the pool of random numbers, which is probably more random than the hardware can be. As long as the input for everyone is used at once, there's almost no way to manipulate this for individuals.

Could it be possible to use the input from all the client software as an alternative random source? That way, the players would become responsible for the pool of random numbers, which is probably more random than the hardware can be. As long as the input for everyone is used at once, there's almost no way to manipulate this for individuals.

The system entropy IS generated partially based on the network interface + some other factors such as keyboard, mouse (which is not the case here), the intrerupt timer, etc.

Making life essences tonight I made 2 ELEs in the first 200 essences, and then a guildmate repeated the feat within 15 minutes. Not sure if thats useful to you or not or if your still looking for data or not.

Darc0

On a sidenote: interesting how when an explanation is given as to the purpose of the topic, there is griping and flaming etc, but the moment Entropy posts saying the poster was correct, it stops.

I'd say an apology is due, but I know it's useless to suggest.

Or maybe re-read the forum pm I sent to MilesP, quoting exactly that FreeBSD entropy is interrupt based.....

Rather then looking for a bias in the numbers generated, I'd look for the relation with the number of interrupts generated. So, `uptime | grep load` and bandwidth relations. Nightly backups and other periodics generating a lot of disk io (man page index, locate.db etc) and high number of online users might be similar things to look for. If you pack this together, you should be able to view the spikes on similar points, when viewed over time (I'd say over a week), whether the spikes are related to 'low' ammount of interrupts (more likely) or high.

This you can't however do, by random posts. Needs logs, since you still can't analyze a bias with biased and low sampled data.

I've browsed a bit through previous threads and seen how some are hijacked or spammed :D, so I can see why you're getting upset. Believe it or not, that wasn't my intention.

BTW, I am not sure if this is just chance, or if the Device Polling did a change in the entropy, but lately the numbers seem to be more uniform:

Counting to 10000, treshold of 80, we got zero: 87 and one: 9913

Counting to 10000, treshold of 80, we got zero: 79 and one: 9921

Counting to 10000, treshold of 80, we got zero: 78 and one: 9922

Counting to 10000, treshold of 80, we got zero: 73 and one: 9927

Counting to 10000, treshold of 80, we got zero: 84 and one: 9916

Counting to 10000, treshold of 80, we got zero: 73 and one: 9927

Counting to 10000, treshold of 80, we got zero: 71 and one: 9929

The only thing i can compare with is making FEs.

Before the server change i made some FEs and failed alot and got several critical fails and lost the ingreds, this happend very often but not in a regular matter.

I could make 95/100 FEs and the next batch i made i could get 99/100

Last night i was making FEs again for the first time since the server change and after i made 10 FEs the 11th where an EFE i made a total of 599 (including the EFE) FEs/600, so i had 1 critical fail and only 1 fail on 600 FEs wich is way better then i had before the server change.

This might just have been the right time for me to make FEs so i'll edit this post after i have made some more FEs to compare the numbers.

Maybe this also just bad luck which I have actually been waiting..;9

Before update I used steel greaves and cuisses and plate for about 6-8K fluffies without any damage .Also used nmt all the time.

Now first damges began 2 days ago...first steel cuisses...then after 100fluffs maybe..steel greaves..and then after maybe 50 fluffs iron greaves decraded. And all those using nmt cape. Sure I could say I had been maybe too lucky with first 8k fluffies but anyway..just my 5 cents.

And defence skill is even better now and coordination about same and now even more..

Not anymore sure if can afford to use high level armour anymore..