Eternal Lands Official Forums
Learner

Rent-A-Ant

What do you think, what if the ants could pm back prepared textfiles, when they're PMed with certain commands? Very much like the trade bots do.

Say, if you pm it with the message: who-s-who , then it would pm you back a list about the guild members, and who can do what for you.

Or, if someone in the guild has riddlemaking mood, pm it with riddle , and it gives you a riddle which you can solve and recieve a gift from the riddlemaker. :icon13: A bit of a contest thing.

These were just two random ideas -- much fun could be brainstormed with this :blink: and as we know, ants are

for looks and fun!

:icon13:

The commands could be customized and configured via a web interface; the player who has the permissions, could set the command--textfile pairs, and upload the files.

Does it sound abuse-safe for you?

Of course it stands or falls on whether G0d-1n-Ch13f and G0d-0f-4nts have coding-time for it :pickaxe:

When you make an ant, do you have to call it Ant_<insert_name_here> or can it just be called Poobuns or something untill you want it made into an ant and then have it's name changed ?

also, on an off-topic note, try hilighting this guy, :omg: it looks funny :P

#EDIT: question answered, ty Learner :D

#EDIT2: I think there should be a way to make them say stuff, e.g you PM it "/Ant_SiD say Radu is teh god" and it says "Radu is teh god" in local, and you could PM it "/Ant_SiD say @@4 Radu is teh god" and it would say "Radu is teh god" on gen chat, or "/Ant_SiD say /radu you are teh god" to PM radu with "you are teh god". Would be fun :D

#EDIT3: sorry :D can you get your ant to change its clothes once its been botfied ?

Edited by simmster

If the ants are just for looks then why do they cost so much $$?

They should offer more than just a "bot" to boss around.

Anyone who buys an ant should probably think about the things they can buy from the shop and actually get some "use" from.

hmmm no ty...

Entropy, if you read, I might pay you to rent a mule bot, that at least would be worth the money

Hello,

Seriously considering rent-a-ant, just wondering if the ant can be a p2p race if you pay the extra fee when you create the character? Thanks for the info!

-Raven5

Hello,

Seriously considering rent-a-ant, just wondering if the ant can be a p2p race if you pay the extra fee when you create the character? Thanks for the info!

-Raven5

Yes, there are several Ants that are P2P. Some people have even paid to have their alt name changed to be their ant so that they can easily wear & hold the nice items they want to dress them up with.

A Premium version is available for $100/yr extra allows your Pet/Ant to be changed into a Fox.

So, what if you take the Premium version? You don't have to pay anymore after you got the ant?

Hey Learner, are you still doing the ant rentals? And can you make a guild guard ant that can act as a guild guard bot giving it the ability to ATT someone, pick up anything they drop and re drop it for you(only on your guild map)? As far as I know that would not be agents the rules... Also can you make it into a baby blue(or red) or is it limited to a fox? Also does it have to have "ant" in its name?

Edited by Orick

That would be outside of the scope of what I'm permitted to have the Ants do. What ou are talking about is a modification to Guild Guard Bots which falls under different rules & fees including payment & approval by Entropy.

If I got approval by radu and payed him his dues for the guard bot would you be willing to creat or modify programming for a guard ant and host it on your server?

And how much would you want to charge?

Edited by Orick

No, it currently is not available because the normal wild ants kept getting stuck in areas and I've been unable to have the time to address the problem.

As some of you have heard, the Ants are currently being debugged on the EL Test server. At the moment, the focus is to correct the problems that made be shut them down, and significant progress has been made on that.

I'm also going to be adding in the new features approved by Radu related to them being permitted to carry items for their owners *aka dumb mule).

If you are interested in helping the ants come back faster, you can send me donations directly which will permit me to focus on ant coding more then working for clients for RL $'s.

PayPal donations accepted at stevew (at) pcann (dot) com ... and say that it'a a donation to help get the ants back faster.

I like the ants it will be great to see them back.It will be great to be able to come back to play.11 more months before I can come back as often as I would like too.waiting for Kindergarten to start..probably be able to donate to the cause in the next couple months.

is there a way of tell the regular ants from ants that have player owners, ie will they have a different name or name color?

Rented and have different type of names then the wild ones.

Learner will have to confirm this, but afaik, the rented ants are on hold for now, just like the wild ones (no idea when/if they will be back).