Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
test78

Rraisa didn't found all items

'The_Crusader' sold me an "Augmented Leather Armor" but

Rraisa missed it during a search before.

"Leather Boots" was successfully found at 'The_Crusader'.

'The_Crusader' sold me an "Augmented Leather Armor" but

Rraisa missed it during a search before.

"Leather Boots" was successfully found at 'The_Crusader'.

Rraisa has a cap on the number of results she returns (I believe it is 15 or 20), so for widely-available items, which are available on many bots, she might well not return them all. The limit was agreed upon with Radu to avoid excessive bandwidth usage - although it seemed an appropriate number when there were maybe 50 bots in the whole game, while now we have 4x that number.

Which results are returned is somewhat non-deterministic, to avoid any favouritism. In particular, the order depends on a hash of the text that is reported, which is essentially random, but consistent (if it were random but not consistent, you could just repeat the search many times, till you got all the results, thus defeating the purpose of saving bandwidth). This hash is recalculated every time any of the bots that have the item changes the corresponding line (e.g., by changing the quantity sold, or the price), and moreover it is on a per-line, not per-bot, basis - so in the long run the process is fair to everyone, while helping Radu save a few $$ on the bandwidth bill for the server.

The same holds for lines from the market channel (but bots have higher priority anyway), if the cap is hit, Rraisa will not return the entire history.