Eternal Lands Official Forums
Burn

New Unofficial Tab Maps - BurnedMaps

Tab Maps that are up to date with the 1.9.4 client are available. These include all new locations, and changes to known locations.

BurnedMaps Download Page

Every map is included in the bundle (even all guild maps, minimally done). Only the full Irilion/Seridia continent maps aren't, they'll come in the next release.

A couple sample maps can be seen on the download page.

October 31, 2015 - Fourth release available!

Edited by Burn

Thank you very much for all the work. I can't open them with Gimp, getting the message "Unexpected EOF."

They work in EL, only thing that matters to me.

Would seem to be a Gimp-DDS plugin issue. They're edited in GIMP, the conversion to DDS is only done after they're ready for a release, via a non-GIMP mass convert script using the "convert" command (part of ImageMagick).

Ok, thank you. I just wanted to add a few extra things on very specific maps (as i'm used to those changes from quite some time), but np then, i'll just do so by using ImageMagick to convert from DDS to PNG, edit with gimp and save back in DDS again :)

Ty Finja, I already have it installed and can open other DDS files without any problem. Anyway, problem solved :)

uhhh....i can't download the map pack from google drive...it won't open any download dialog.

any other sites 9i can download it from?? :(

It opens a popup showing a list of the files in the zip? If so, when it does that: at top of the screen in the center of the black bar there's a down-pointing arrow, that's for downloading.

It opens a popup showing a list of the files in the zip? If so, when it does that: at top of the screen in the center of the black bar there's a down-pointing arrow, that's for downloading.

got it. used chrome instead of firefox.

Hmmm, kay. I'm on Firefox, no problem here.

must have gotten my ffx security quite high in about:config.

Thanks Burn. Great work.

The only small dislike is the removal of the local place names. Though they did get in the way sometimes especially on the mini-map. I think new players will not learn where they are.

However, that is what a map is - a selection of the information available. Not all.

:)

That's planned for a future update, among other things. These were initially rushed out, and will get new info and cleanup releases until I'm fully satisfied with them.

Is there any chance that the font could be enlarged and maybe a more simple font used (for the smaller print)? On my screen, I can't even make out the small words, such as what is written in the colored ovals, and the Legend entries are showing as distorted for me.

Yeah, there's some trial and error going on here because of smaller windows. Best method of printing text while at the same time covering as little of the walkable parts of the map as possible.

Using 1280x1024 window here so didn't notice it as much.

BS/Olivine work mainly because they have much less markings/text, so exploring "new territory" here with map marking.

Just not sure it'll work with smaller windows.

But already got some work going on it, should hopefully be improved in the next release... sometime in June just before I get started on invalidating several of the maps with work on the next client release. ;-)

Edited by Burn

the text on the map is small for me too, i was wondering if there is a game cure for this where you could change the cursor into a small magnifying lens at a click of an icon?

or is it a no go because the maps are unofficial?

Obviosly a lot of work has already gone into them and they are very good and much apprciated

Work is in progress on release 1.9.4-003. I'll post here when it's ready for downloading. Estimating some time this weekend, so keep an eye out then.

This release will clean up a bit, but is primarily a complete overhaul of text and symbols so that the maps can be read in smaller client windows, as that seems to be the priority issue.

The new text is (barely) legible in the smallest 640x480 setting, but is legible. (Only so much can be done for such a tiny window.) But will definitely be legible in larger settings.

Edited by Burn

Great news, thanks for all the hard work, Burn. The maps look great.

There's a couple of minor things I've noticed in my client. For some reason the legend on the left doesn't load. It just shows as a white rectangle. The file seems ok, I can load it in an image viewer, but it doesn't show in the client. Also, I'm not seeing any names on the C2 continent map.

I'm running on Linux if that helps. Might just be something dumb I've done, since I've not seen anyone else mention it.

Edited by Cyrrast

Wonderful maps, just one tiny criticism, I find the storages hard to find (would be difficult if I was I new player and didn't know where to look) can the markers for these be made a little larger

Wonderful maps, just one tiny criticism, I find the storages hard to find (would be difficult if I was I new player and didn't know where to look) can the markers for these be made a little larger

Agreed, I hadn't noticed this until you pointed it out, but the brown star does kind of seem to blend in with the background on a lot of maps. Also happened to notice that AA sto isn't marked on the version 2 set.

These are really excellent work, Burn, thanks for putting in the time to do this.

Z