Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aislinn

Official Custom Clothing

Official Custom Clothing

http://www.eternal-lands.com/page/shop_customclothes.php'>http://www.eternal-lands.com/page/shop_customclothes.php

We are launching a new official custom clothing option. This is for people who wish to partake in custom but prefer to maintain medieval and conventional themes. Requirements will be strictly upheld. If they are too restrictive for you, the unofficial lines will continue per usual.

Requirements:

1. Clothing must be in the medieval theme, tasteful, and of high quality.

2. Any skin showing must be natural, tasteful, and respectable.

3. Poor quality will not be accepted.

4. No logos, copyrighted stuff, or other people's artwork. Using EL artwork is allowed, as long as it's tasteful and not meant in any disrespectful way.

5. Combat items (armor, weapons, combat-centric capes) must be easily recognizable.

6. Requests will be subject to approval. Remember, this will be "official".

How to use:

Custom Clothing can be enabled by going to Options->Server and checking both "Custom Looks Updates" AND "Show Custom Clothing". You may have to restart the game to view it for the first time. You do not have to purchase custom items to see them on other people.

Formats required to submit:

Image needs to be saved as .tga 24 bit if the image has no alpha.

Image needs to be saved as .tga 32 bit if it has alpha.

Send your files and any questions to: aisy_el (at) yahoo (dot) com

Prices:

The price for each custom item is $10.00 USD. If you get a name change and want to carry your custom items over, it is $5.00 USD.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/page/shop_customclothes.php

Any questions, you can post here or drop me a question via ingame message, forum pm, or email.

Thank you Aislinn, Roja, I have been looking forward to the day that the game could also be supported by imagination and creativity.

* Puts a new feather in his purple adventurehat and throws it in the air of joy *

If you don’t mind, I do have a few questions, some may look silly, but I could not find the answers and hope with this you will also need to answer them only once.

1. Clothing must be in the medieval theme, tasteful, and of high quality.

With medieval I asume you don’t mean they have to look to be made for Humans, it can be also in typical Dwarven, Drageoni, Orchan, Gnome etc. style?

2. Any skin showing must be natural, tasteful, and respectable.

Is the suggestion of nibbles ( you know the word ) allowed on bare male torso’s, or do they have to be taped off with black sellotape like Lady Gaga ( who? ) or sanded away like Barbie’s Ken?

5. Combat items (armor, weapons, combat-centric capes) must be easily recognizable.

Could you please define recognizable? Can a Black Dragon armour change colour or does it has to remain black ( and same for the other armours ) ? Does a mirror cape have to be black ?

Prices:

- What would be the price for guild items? ( like guild capes, shields etc ) and is that possible?.

- Is there a discount when uploading several items in one go?

- with per item I assume, apologies for double checking, for instance in case of a torso, including the arms, or is this separate?

With many thanks.

N.

edit typo and additional question:

I will send you my hat as soon as I managed to convert to the required format, became all blurry for some reason, is it possible to send items in the current .dds format?

Edited by Nardo Lala

With medieval I asume you don’t mean they have to look to be made for Humans, it can be also in typical Dwarven, Drageoni, Orchan, Gnome etc. style?

Yes of course.

Is the suggestion of nibbles ( you know the word ) allowed on bare male torso’s, or do they have to be taped off with black sellotape like Lady Gaga ( who? ) or sanded away like Barbie’s Ken?

For a male it's ok.

Could you please define recognizable? Can a Black Dragon armour change colour or does it has to remain black ( and same for the other armours ) ? Does a mirror cape have to be black ?

With the exception of the capes, you can change the color of the armor/weapons, as long as the design/style stays the same so people can look at it and know what it is.

- What would be the price for guild items? ( like guild capes, shields etc ) and is that possible?.

- Is there a discount when uploading several items in one go?

- with per item I assume, apologies for double checking, for instance in case of a torso, including the arms, or is this separate?

-We don't have guild items available yet.

-There is no discount for multiple items-the idea is we can't overload our server.

-For a torso that is one whole piece in the game, yes arms can be included for the 1 item upload. So in that instance you do get 2 textures for the same price.

I will send you my hat as soon as I managed to convert to the required format, became all blurry for some reason, is it possible to send items in the current .dds format?

The reason we require the .tga is because some of the .dds exporters from programs are a bit buggy, and cause issues in the game. So we convert the .tga manually to .dds to make sure all are ok. If however you are using this file already on the unofficial server-so you know it is all ok- then we can accept it. Preferably though if you manage to get it in .tga send that instead :)

Questions aren't silly, I'd rather people ask!

Ok let me try to answer in order:

That would be correct that you can design them for the other races in their style as well, not just humans. But remember tasteful and respectable still applies.

Heh, that's a hard one and probably would be on a case by case basis. I can't give a blanket "yes", as what is "tasteful and respectable" for a male is different than what it would be for a female. Also everyone's definition of "a suggestion of" is probably different. But I can say...No Lady Gaga tape, please! Again, tasteful and respectable. No leather bikinis or speedo's, or see through negligees please :P

Combat items: Yes armor can be made another color as long as the distinguishing characteristics remain and players will know what armor it is. Combat capes must remain the same color, although you could put an emblem on it. As long as other players can identify the items, you should be ok.

Everything submitted will be be on a per approval basis. If something is too risqué, cheesy, or just inappropriate, I will let you know and give you the opportunity to redo it or you can just say "nevermind". Also I'll happily look something over first and let you know if it's ok.

What would be the price for guild items? ( like guild capes, shields etc ) and is that possible?

Currently we are not doing group guild items. That may be possible in the future but for now it is only per individual character.

Is there a discount when uploading several items in one go?

No, the price is per item per character.

with per item I assume, apologies for double checking, for instance in case of a torso, including the arms, or is this separate?
I don't understand what you are asking here, sorry. Do you mean if it's a sleeveless shirt, do you have to pay double for skin colored arms too?

I'd have to convert it too, so if you are getting blurry results, good chance I would too. I can try and see what I come up with, if you'd like, but no guarantees.

Gah Roja answered while I was posting ;)

So yeah, what she said (as she understood those last questions better than I did).

-We don't have guild items available yet.

This got me curious, is this something that will be coming soon or is it only on the to do list?

If you have any ideas of it - what price would it be on the guild items?

Been waiting for this ever since i saw the post about it here on the forums and hoped that there would be a guild option for it too so glad to see the "yet" in that phrase. :)

There are just somethings we gotta work out and test with it first. But when it's available we'll post here to let you know :)

i have 2 questions

1. is there someone i can talk to to make the custom pics? i suck at it

2. with the price being $10 is that per item so say i want my future full dragon set done, would it be $10 for the set or $10 per part which makes it $40?

i have 2 questions

1. is there someone i can talk to to make the custom pics? i suck at it

2. with the price being $10 is that per item so say i want my future full dragon set done, would it be $10 for the set or $10 per part which makes it $40?

1. A lot of people who have the unofficial customs don't make them themselves, there are multiple people who are talented artists who are making these. My suggestion is you look at the unofficial customs and see what items you like (and are high quality), find out who made them, and ask that person if they'll make something for you.

2. I was thinking for sets something like this: For an armour set (torso and pants) done together, $15. For the shield and helmet that is part of that set, if done together $15 as well.

Hello,

I was wondering if something like picture below will be possible

ursinhoscarinhosos.jpg

I spent some time doing this and would love to make some custom summons

Edited by Tico

No Tico, sorry that's not possible as if you change the bear texture then ALL the bears in the game will look like that, not just your summons.

This is a great idea :) hopefully it will inspire more artists to make cool custom textures

Still working out the bugs on official custom guild clothing?

Will there be an image size restriction imposed? It seems to me that the unofficial custom clothing sites have taken up over 100MB on my laptop.

I would love to have PEN be the first guild with official custom clothing.

For official custom clothing for individual's, would there be a group discount if more than one person from a guild was to get the same custome clothing at the same time?

This is for all the players who are working on custom clothes, I have made a great discovery today ! I search the internet a long time for this..

It will make it possible to see DDS-files (meshes, maps, textures) in Windows 7 in the Explorer. This extension is free and it works in 64-Bit !!

So I like to share this with you :wub:

http://code.google.com/p/sagethumbs/downloads/detail?name=sagethumbs_2.0.0.15_setup.exe

With the exception of the capes, you can change the color of the armor/weapons, as long as the design/style stays the same so people can look at it and know what it is.

Does this include Non perk capes(suck as adventure capes)?

I have no idea what adventure capes are, sorry.

As to hands and feet, the answer is "it depends".

So far there has been a face customized and a default clothing customization.

However, official customs are MUCH more strict on quality and aesthetics.

Each request will be on a case by case basis.

Greetings Aislinn, I asume he means non-combat capes ( such as fur cape, royal capes, excavator cape (?) )

Edited by Nardo Lala

I have no idea what adventure capes are, sorry.

As to hands and feet, the answer is "it depends".

So far there has been a face customized and a default clothing customization.

However, official customs are MUCH more strict on quality and aesthetics.

Each request will be on a case by case basis.

Sorry, I thought back when the royals were buyable that there was also a set of capes that were buyable as well... But it was a long time ago and I could be wrong... But yes can we change the non combat capes was my question... Ty :)

Update:

I got the guild official customs working (many thanks to Sir_Odie and Learner)!

Pricing will basically be double individual customs so $20 per item

Discounts for combinations done together such as (torso + pants) or (shield + helmet) $30

Remember to read the guidelines in the first post of this thread.