Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dunian

The Theif King's Treasure

This is going to be a semi-structured RP. Kind of an experiment. Basically what this means is that we will be working towards a certain goal. I'll be not playing my own character as much as introducing new elements into the thread. How you react dictates what happens next. If enough people want to join, we'll start on Sunday.

This is the OOC sign-up thread. If you feel like joining in, just post in here with a name and description of your character (It can be as long or as short as you like, just try and give us enough information so that our characters can describe you if they see you.

Heres a snippet of the RP to come:

It was that in-between time in Half-Raven Tavern, that time between the midday meal and dinner, a time between the bustle of morning, and the carousing of the evening. Instead, it was the time where the heat of day burned hottest, when adventurers, sailors, merchants and fishermen alike gathered indoors for a cool drink. With this broad spectrum of humanity (as well as other races) milling around the tavern, no one even looked up when Rahn the Merchant entered the Tavern.

Rahn was shorter than the average human, although he still stood higher than a dwarf. Although not what could rightfully be called "fat", he did have the appearance of someone who did not pursue physical exercise, and grew out rather than up. He was dressed in a white shirt and brown breeches, and wore a green cape. His hat was the latest style: A smart, black tricorn hat with a feather set in it. However, he removed this crowning splendor as he stepped through the doorway, revealing dark, brown hair.

Rahn stepped up to the bar, after greeting the barman (who did not appear to be totally pleased at his appearance), he raised his voice slightly, as though he didn't care if he was (or perhaps wanted to be) heard.

"I'm looking for a some crewmen to accompany me on a little voyage..."

After taking a sip of his frothy drink, he added: "It involves treasure. Know anyone who might be interested?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Huh, it won't let me make a separate post. Ah well, I'll just put this here.

Name: Rahn The Merchant

Race: Human

Height: 5' 2"

Rahn has green eyes and brown, close cut hair. His beard is also brown and carefully trimmed. He is slightly overweight.

Clothes: Rahn generally wears a white shirt and brown pants and a green cape. He wears a black tricorn hat with a feather in it.

Weapons: Rahn has a rapier and a short dagger with a green, emerald pommel stone.

Edited by Dunian

Hm... can I get in line to sign up without committing just yet? How long would you like this RP to run, since you have a story line in mind? I ask because I have time issues.

I'm free this weekend (Saturday/Sunday), but I have to start looking for another job on Monday and if I'm (un)lucky enough to get interviews, I might have to drop out. I'm in the eastern US, EST time zone. I can't run EL right now, so I'd like to have an RP to be in -- the Portland Tavern one I was in seems to have died.

I would be playing my main character:

Name: Peino Ereonis of House Ereon of Irsis

Race: Elf

Height: 6' 2"

Peino is thin but fit. He has dark blue-gray skin, black eyes and long white hair. He has a lot of scars, but they don't show in public.

Peino is an aristocrat of the Sea Elf tribe, son of a high-ranking family from Irsis, and he has the snooty attitude to show it. Peino is a sailor, merchant and explorer. This means he is always out searching for chances to make money. He is the captain/owner of his own ship, the Elandria, which is sometimes out of commission for repairs or lack of crew, leaving Peino bored and poor.

Clothes: When doing business in town, he usually wears blue and black striped pants, with elaborately embroidered leather boots and jacket, a brown cloak over one shoulder, a blue, broad-brimmed cavalier's hat with a big golden plume, a long sword on his belt and his pockets full of gold coins and essences.

When sailing, hunting, or traveling, he likes good old plain leathers, maybe a cloak and a brown tricorn hat, depending on the weather.

Weapons: Peino usually carries a long sword or a quarterstaff, but he owns a small collection of swords and armors because you never know what might come up. Peino also uses an Elfen bow for archery (he's not an expert) and practices a little magic. Since he travels so much, he has stashes of weapons in the storage warehouses of several cities, as well as on board his ship.

Peino's Motto: "What's in it for me?"

Edited by peino

Just to clarify: This RP will take place on the forums. I'll be posting the RP thread on Sunday. Sorry for the confusion there

- the Portland Tavern one I was in seems to have died.

I don't know what to do... Aphis vanished :)

And Dunian, I don't want to commit to being a part of anything until I know a little more about it. Can you explain exactly what you had in mind for this a bit more?

In the past RPs I've been in, theres been a certain tendency for very drastic plot changes being added every post. At one point we actually ended up with someone playing Mortos. I just want to avoid going to such extremes. I don't expect that the RP would be following a strict plot or anything, just heading in a general direction. Is that what you were asking?

Oh! sorry.

I. Quest begins in the Half-Raven tavern in Idaloran.

II. Questers learn of the Theif Prince and must catch him to learn the location of the treasure.

III. After the questers have caught him, they must race to the location

IV. Battle at the location

V. Questers must find the actual treasure

VI. Questers must escape back to Idaloran

I could be more detailed if you want, I've left it fairly loose on purpose.

OOC: Count me in old friend

Name: Brom the Storyteller

Race: Draegoni

Height: 5' 10"

Brom is a decently built, yet old draegoni who sports a goatee of white to match his hair. Blue spikes protrude from his head, a remnant of his powerful race.

Clothes: Full fur clothing with a racoon hat, he carries a plain wooden staff.

Weapons: Titanium long sword sheathed just in case, though the staff is usually his weapon for poking around the youngsters.

OOC: The rest will come out in the Roleplay. :P

Edited by Brom

{OOC}Well I see no reason not to join in! :confused:

Simply because its easy, I'll go with the same Enly I've been developing in the Portland Tavern thread.{/OOC}

Name: Enly

Race: Draegoni

Height: 6' 6"

Enly is tall, like all draegoni, with sapphire blue hair and sparkling green horns and scales. Her frame is often hidden by lose tunics or robes but she is lithe and ready for anything.

Enly is a wanderer and explorer. Living off what she can find at the time, she travels often and has friends across the lands. She follows her heart and is a quick thinker. She's slow to trust others but her friendship is hard lost once won.

Clothes: She prefers tunics and robes, most often in black, grey or brown shades, or any neutral color. When wearing a tunic its often accompanied by plain black or brown pants. She also often wears a grey cape, or any other neutral color that fits well with her other clothing. She has a tendency to wear a brown or black buccaneer hat, though she likes to let her blue hair fly free as well. If expecting a fight or harsh surroundings she'll wear augmented leather armor, and carry a spear.

Weapons: Enly relies most often on her magic, if she has a weapon it is either a spear or small knife. She has some knowledge of hand to hand combat as well for tight situations.

Edited by Enly

A race after treasure sounds like something right up my alley. Guess I'll commit to be in. :)

Btw, it's "thief". "I" before "E". I wasn't going to mention it, but I figured I'd be seeing it a lot it the RP. :confused:

Edited by peino

We have 4...we could start, and once we get going I think more will join. But it is up to you Dunian.

Yup, folks can join in any time as long as they can 1) post their description here and 2) Find an IC way to join up.

[edit] yeah, thanks for the spelling tip. I normally throw longer posts through the spellchecker

Edited by Dunian

(I'm not sure I'll commit fully, but I have an interesting idea for this story...

Basically, Akadesh is a guy I've used in a few stories before. His past isn't set-in-stone, but I have the framework established.)

@Brom: BTW, Draegoni are really quite tall, 5'5 isn't all that big, moreover Enly practically dwarfs you :lurker:

Name: Akadesh Tulad, Prince to the ruined house of Egratia.

Race: Mix of human/elven blood.

Height: A clean six feet.

Akadesh is abnormally tall among humans, true to his Elf heritage. His build sacrifices elegance for power, but from normal inspection he looks well-rounded. His hair is a shoulder-length cascade of light brown, with an oddly red-tinge to it; it hides the majority of his facial features, including a serpent-shaped scar running from just below his right eye, down to slightly above his right shoulder. His eyes are an entrancing emerald green, but normally hidden behind crystalline spectacles; framed with practically transparent glass. He is normally seen in scarlet robes, which are both aesthetically pleasing and functional.

Carrying a dark past, horrible secrets, Akadesh has witnessed more bloodshed and agony than most people do in a lifetime. He explores the lands, hoping to find a cure to the scars a disturbing past has left him with. He trusts virtually nobody, but treats all with the same degree of courtesy. Akadesh only looks out for himself, and has a keener-than-most intellect, which he believes has kept him alive throughout the years.

Clothes:

Akadesh doesn't have an affinity for clothing; believing that they are merely objects for comfort and warmth. Nonetheless, he prefers robes of varying colours (scarlet, violet, yellow, black, grey) and tunics over other attire. His one recognisable feature is the skull and crossbones bandana he uses to help keep his hair in place.

Weapons:

Akadesh possesses very little knowledge or skill with swordplay. He relies entirely on his magical abilities for protection, but more often than not evades hostile situations.

Akadesh's mottos/quotes:

"Lets exercise the better part of valour."

"I do not believe violence is nessecary in this situation."

"Sir, you appear to be bleeding..."

"Heh, time for a bit of a ruff-and-tumble."

(I'm not sure if I'll take-off with him, I honestly want to pick up one of the story-lines in the other board right now, but we'll see what happens... :( )

@Brom: BTW, Draegoni are really quite tall, 5'5 isn't all that big, moreover Enly practically dwarfs you

thanks. Im 5'10" for a reason. :( I converted from Human and I am very old. :lurker: I am a short Draegoni. But do not be fooled by looks.

Hi all... i am going to just in on this, however sad it is i can only post about 2 times a week i think so i will be giving permission for Brom to move me along side himself...

Name: Orick

Race: Dwarf

Height: 3'10"

I am a grey haired dwarf, Short(obviously), and yes i know i am a better fighter then anyone elts so you dont have to tell me...(just playing up the Dwarf in me)

CLOTHES/ARMOR: Brown Buck Hat(most of the time is in pack), Grey Shirt, Fur Pants Boots and Shirt, Black Steel Greaves and Cuisses, Black Myst Cloak(has no special ability), Black Myst Long Shield over my cloak(has no special ability),

WEAPONS: 2 Small Throwing Axe, 1 Long Blade Myst Axe(2 Handed)

The Myst armor and weps just look cool... for now

Edited by Orick

Orick will be working a lot over the next few months, so, when he can, he will play with Orick, but otherwise I will be dragging him along with me. In real life, Orick and I are cousins, in the game, we are old friends who cannot stop picking on eachother, you will see.