Eternal Lands Official Forums
Grogan

Dvar again

"Ello sir," Grogan said, "I was here in Desert Pines mining iron in the caverns, and I heard a bangin' on the ground. I heard a smith working, and I asked him who he was. Turns out I found a god. Dvar, the dwarven god of smithing was down there for a millenia, and he asked me to bring him Glilin. I heard Harvy there say that someone down here in Portland was hunting for Glilin too. Then, I grabbed my Monster Magnetisim cloak and set off when that thief attacked me. Zelse here came to help me and heal me, and then you came along" Grogan finished his speech, and stood up, brushed himself off, and drew his titanium long sword. "There is a goblin in Portland. If he attacks us, I am ready." The three set off toward Portland, and Grogan tripped over a stone. "Ehhh. Me luck."

The "stone" wasn't actually a stone. It was Dwemeri's iron helmet. At that moment Dwemeri ran from the tavern and shouted: "Bob is coming, Bob is coming! All men, dwarves and elves to arms!". He looked around and murmured "Now where did i drop my helmet" and spotted Grogan lying on the ground and asked: "What happened?" "Nothing, I just tripped over a stone."

"Hehehe. That's not a stone, that's my helmet. Don't ask how it got here. I have a bad drinking habit and.... Anyways can you help Portland defeat Bob?"

"Who is Bob?" "Bob is a goblin terrorizing Portland" "We are here to defeat him!" "Let's go then, I'll join your party." They heard shouting "BOB IS IN THE STORAGE!!!!!!"

((i see we have a roleplay :P . ill join. oh and Dwemeri only control your own chars in roleplays not the other ones someone else created :D. you can talk to the other person but you have to let the other person reply. oh well shoulda read the roleplay rules first :D ))

IC: "Bah! what is all the music about?" grunted Krakas and quickly guessed ,"stupid goblin...". He clumsily headed to the storage unaware that Bob is there,"now then...", as he opened the door a person came flying out the door landing on solid stone."Ok then ill take him with my bare hands if i have to!"

Edited by Krakas3

Bob was doing his typical terrorizing of the Portland storage, killing anybody who couldn't fend him off, and stealing some goods. Grogan and his group defeated Bob, and after some healing the injured, Grogan spoke up. "So you two...I'm on a quest to attempt to find the manufacturing god Glilin and take him to an ancient dwarven god Dvar underground in the Crystal Caverns. Do you guys know anything about Glilin and how to get him down here on Draia?"

P.S. Nice job bringing back my dead post :DDDD

"sorry there sir i know nothing, but i will help you on your quest,"making a beaming face,"by the way names Krakas." He smirked "Is it not common sense to say your name there sir?" He stopped speaking waiting for a reply whilist getting off the floor he sat on and getting up.

OOC: no problem :happy:

"Agh sorry." The dwarf said as he sheathed his sword and lent Krakas a hand. "My name is Grogan. This here is Zelse, a famed white mage, and the other is a knight named Roy. We don't know how we're going to do it, but we plan to get Glilin. And um, what happened to the drunk?" Grogan shook hands with Krakas and showed him a map of Nordcarn. "I know that somewhere around there is the temple of Glilin. I am one of his servants, so I have good access to his priest." He said as he put the map away. "So, if ye says your with me, come along and we can get through the Sapphire cave to Whitestone City. I have a friend over there that might be able to help us." And with that, the party set off first to find the "drunk" and then proceeded to Whitestone City.

Edited by Grogan

"ok lets be on our way then Grogan" smiled Krakas. as he moved along the party he suddenly thought about what was to come and if he will go to the underworld during the adventure...

The group of Grogan, Zelse, Roy, Krakas, and the 'drunk' made their way through the dank sapphire cave connecting Portland to Whitestone. After they crossed over the bridge, they saw a swath of people moving south towards Grahm's Village. Grogan wondered what was happening, and asked the group if they knew anything. Just then, one of the mob broke off and shook Grogan very hard. "Did you hear about it?" The human said, his eyes growing huge. As Grogan was about to reply 'no', the person spoke up in a frenzy. "There's going to be an execution! Our lord declared that a gnome named Utigren be put to death when he threatened to use magic that no one has seen before against our court. There was a case about custody of his children as he got a divorce to his wife, and the court wanted the mother to keep the children. He grew very red and shouted at the judge and nearly killed his lawyer. Now they're gonna toss him into the ocean and watch the Lugher devour him." The person needed to take several breaths saying this, and he quickly zoomed his way back down. The party started running the same way after Grogan sprinted ahead. Grogan had a very strong feeling in his gut that this gnome could do something to help him.

"I'm guessing you have a hunch this person is someone you need?" asked Krakas to Grogan whilist running. During the times Krakas was behind he teled in front of the group. "Will this ruinning ever end?!" He puffed. Realising it was night in White Stone he put his helmet on.

Krakas was smart to put a helmet on. The party was rushing towards Grahm's Village, and on the way they were ambushed by a small band of gargoyles. Some members of the mob came back to help the men, and eventually all were defeated. When they finally came to the sight of the execution, Grogan saw the gnome the crowd talked about. "I AM UTIGREN! FEAR MY POWER!" He shouted. It was a depressing sight. A tiny little gnome being stoned and spat on. Five orcs tied up the gnome, and strangely ate a member of the crowd. Just before they were going to toss him into the ocean, Grogan stood on a very large boulder near the backside of the crowd. "WAIT!" The dwarf shouted at his tiny little lungs. "If he has the ability to cast this 'dark magic', why don't we let him, cast a dark cloud over the sea and hail rain and thunder." Grogan had an excellent idea. He winked at the gnome. Quickly lighting a large bale of hay near the shore without being seen, the 'dark cloud' started billowing up. The crowd cried out in a mix of fascination, awe, and terror. With a few water essences, Grogan and Zelse made it rain, Zelse being the expert mage he was. That was it. The crowd started dissipating, and the gnome was playing along, laughing a hideous, evil laugh and moving his arms in the oddest ways. Even the orcs were scared. A bluish looking one even jumped off the cliff into the ocean. 'I guess the anatomy books are right. Orcs DO have a brain the about the size of a river pebble.' Grogan thought to himself. After everyone was gone, the dwarf went up to Utigren and untied him.

"Thank you stranger. Now why, exactly, did you decide to free me?" Utigren asked. Grogan heard a loud noise. Dismissing it as his own imagination, he told the short creature why he was rescuing him. "Well then, I do know some things about Glilin that only gnomes know, being the smartest race out there, I mean." Grogan rolled his eyes. "First of all, Glilin was a dwarf, we should all know that. He will only respond to the call of a dwarf under very specific circumstances. And, as all gods do, he will want a great sacrafice. Even greater than the typical offering since you want him here on Draia. And, according to ancient texts by other gnomes and draegoni, a council of elders must approve a god's descent to Draia; It must be a good reason, either benefiting the six races down here or benefiting the gods. If you come with me to my home in Nordcarn, I can teach you specifics." Grogan happily agreed, and then asked the rest of the party. Then, right before his response, a rock came flying out of absolutely nowhere and hit Krakas in the head. At least he had his helmet on :D.

((so the helmet was a good idea :brooding:))

After the ambush,dark clouds and the stone to the forehead (helmets are life savers) he nodded in response to a yes.

((a little short but I couldn't think of anything to add right now))