Eternal Lands Official Forums
fadewillows

The Merry Soul Tavern

As a gruff, male dwarf walks in nobody seems to notice him take out a scroll and places it on the counter. He leans over and starts speaking:

"well hello fellow adventurers. I was wondering if i could ask you a question? have you seen two dark elves wearing brown capes? they seem to have taken - er- something of mine that i need back.

((OOC: hehe ive attracted some attention :) ))

IC:"i have sir," said Krakas firmly "i last seen 'em at beam, better hurry."

Krakas realised those two are making themselves famous but sadly he dosen't want to do anything about it just flip a few coins and drink ale. His opportunities to be rid of them are drawing to a close yet hopes someone else will do his job.

((OOC yes you have :bow_arrow: must be your hipnotic coin flipping :cry: ))

Fade had herd the heavy footsteps of the Dwarf with the posters before she actualy saw him with her eyes. She didnt look around but let the hard boots stamping the floor let her know his direction. She watched intenty as he battled with the poster, trying to catch a glimpse of his features from under his hood. Only his dwarfish bulbus nose could be seen poking out from the angle she was looking at.

Once he had finished his buisnes and left open to view the poster did Fade turn her head and look directly upon it. Indeed a hansom reward had been offered, but Fade was no bounty hunter. Her skills were were far from adiquate to be undertaking such a task. The best she could offer in aid to anyone who wished to track these two down would be healing.

Fade then turned her gaze away from the poster to another dwarf that had entered and placed a scroll upon the bar 'Dark Elves you say?' she spoke as she tried to lean in to look at the scroll.

yes, most people don't know their origin... they are also called walkers of the night, and drows. you see, there used to be the elven empire in one right? but then about half of them all just disapeared. my guess is they went underground, and now they have started coming up to live on the top.

The beam you say? scullsyk replied to the person flipping coins. "i would check that out but when they took my "relic" away they gave me something i didn't want.

Scullsyk lifted his leg to show them all exactly what had happened. the leg seemed to be bent the wrong way...

"I guess your little present there wasn't that pleasent," he smiled in a rhyme,"i do feel sorry for that though, after the beam i didn't know where they would go. By the way names Krakas"

after that sentence he broke the rhyme. Realising others have suffered their wrath it urges him to deal with them yet the urge for ale is even more powerful still. His brain was spinning he didn't know what to do.

This all confused Fade somwhat, dark elves, of course she had known a few in her years and they had all been pleasant felows, one even became a very good freind and ally.

Why now would two such 'Drow' start this beahviour?

(OOC sorry its a bit short time is pressing today)

Krakas notices Fades concern about the Dark Elf topic. He realises those two bad fellows are becoming one of the most wanted in the world."ill go and deal with them, ill go where the notice says," he said sharply. he leaves the inn. "bye people ill be back soon".

((don't worry ill be back ;) ))

((ive decided area1 : merry soul. area2 : spellcasting lounge.))

((Area 2 spellcasting lounge tavern&inn))

he opens the door and immediately shouts "hello! anyone here about the bounty?."

These Drow and thier behaviour had Fade curious, too curious she knew but she could not help being inquisative it was her nature.

She decided to follow Krakas to see if she could lern more and thus had snuck quietly into the back of the Spellcasting Lounge Tavern&Inn, Arius where she sat in the shadows and waited.

((sorry for the delay i was away for abit))

IC: "bah!, this little trip was worthless seeming that the person isn't here," said Krakas in disgust," but i will give this person a chance and stay awhile..."

((wonder where he went :confused::confused: ))

As Grogan limped into the Spellcasting Tavern, shutting the oversized door behind him, he took off a large sac he carried on his back. "Oi" He said, politely greeting the human and eyeing the sneaky looking elf attempting to get her long legs through the tiny window at the top. As the strong dwarf looked back to the bartender, he put his giant sac on the counter, and the bartender gave him a small bag of gold and some emeralds as he sat down. Just then, Grogan put up his leg on the barstool next to him and pulled back his pantleg. "Ech, you see that? Two of these ugly looking elves mugged me. They took a fox and two boars. But I managed to keep the rest of today's kill." The barkeep gave Grogan two large mugs full of whiskey, as the dwarves were known for their drinking. Grogan secretly wondered what the two others were doing here, just sitting there and watching the door. "The elves had these deeply dyed brown cloaks on, and the one had this ugly wart on his forehead." Grogan started his story, his other talent aside from drinking. "So as I'm dragging today's kill towards the inn in the pouring rain out there, I get assaulted by them two." The dwarf cried in pain as he rubbed his lacerated leg. "Agh, I hope the constables get on them two. I did hear something about Nordcarn and a hideout as they slowly walked away leaving me seemingly dead on the pavement. I got up after they got far enough away and I rushed my way here. Now I plan to get out me gear and find them two and give 'em 'n' old dwarven style whippin'." Grogan finished his story and snuck yet another glance at the others, and finally deciding to be friendly. "Ello there. Me name's Grogan. I hunt for the tavern here for the next month cause I lost a bet. Who are ye two?" The stocky dwarf said as he downed one of his whiskey mugs and asked for some extra powerful rum.

((Where did Xanados go??))

Edited by Grogan

"Well met there Dwarf," smiled Krakas, "it seems those two are exacly who i was looking for and so does the notice posts... by the way names Krakas" he said with a grin. Just then he realised he said two and started to wonder did someone follow me?. "hmmm... anyways you and i can travel together for those retches." and he left it to that.

The dwarf put his pantleg down, and pocketed the sack of coins. After downing his drinks in record speed he went up to Krakas and patted him on the back. "Aye. I'll come with ye. And we'll find them uglies. And we'll given them a beatin they shouldn't never forget. But first, lemme clean me sword, and get me gear." As Grogan said this he waved goodbye to the barkeep and walked out to find a nearby storage. As he walked down the path, he said hello to a couple that were sitting on a bench making romance. "Love be a wonderful thing." The dwarf said. Just then, he was tackled to the ground by the "couple" and mugged. "HELP!" The dwarf shouted at the top of his tiny lungs. Grogan reached for a small dagger in his pocket, but they tied his hands. "We'll take him back to the boss in Nordcarn." One said. "The boss'll love us for all this stuff we've gotten on these trips." The other one said. One more boot to the back of the head and Grogan was out cold.

Edited by Grogan

"Where is that Dwarf?" thought Krakas to himself. Although the Dwarf was missing the thought of Two was really getting him wondering if Fade followed. "hmmm i'm going to take a look around the bar whilist i wait for the Dwarf," although Krakas didn't know that Grogan was captured.

((OOC)) be back soon peeps having PC probs just keep going I will catch up I promise ;)

"this is taking forever!" grunted Krakas "imma gonna go look outside to see where that Dwarf went."

As he bolted out the door he realised that the Dwarf must have been captured by those dirty thieves.

"i guess its time to go and rescue three people if i am strong enough."

((i the way everyones being captured at this rate ill probobly be the last one standing :) ))

Into the tavern a slim dark elf enters with a black case tucked closely to his side. He calmly positions himself to the left side out of the way yet still in view. He delicately places his black case on the floor and opens it. Out he pulls an intricately inlaid violin and bow. With his open case facing the clientel he starts to play a sad solemn tune he hopes everyone can relate too.

Edited by candlegoat

Scullsyk bumrushes the first elf while swinging at the next with his sword. then he kicks one in the face, knocking him out. then scares away the second with an armed orc stone. he then drags the bloodied elf to the spellcaster inn, his steel chain and leather whistling in the wind. when he was almost there he runs straight into krakas

Edited by Scullsyk

Evil ((Crappy RP'ing name)) walked slowely through the tavern doors. He stumbled onto a stool. Candelgoat's violen playing captured his emotion perfectly. "But maybe a drink will cheer me up" he thought to himself

"Today's been a really long day." he murmered "Get me your strongest drink" He quickly downed the drink given to him by Roua. "Get me another!" he said slightly more upbeat.

He turned towards the others in the tavern, "So, how are you?" he smiled.

Edited by evilmangopie

After finishing a few pieces without making a dime, the mysterious elf violin player carefully packs up his instrument and bow and takes a seat at the bar a stool or two away from Evil.

((ermm u at the merry soul or the spell caster evilmangopie and candlegoat?))

"ermm i guess you've had fun" smiled Krakas to the person infront of him as it was dark and didnt realise it was scullsyk, "you have one of the two but i must ask where is the other? by the way names Krakas." After his intro he ran towards the Merry soul again to find something he forgot.

((fixed a fatal error lol))

Edited by Krakas3

While sitting quietly in the back of the spellcasters Inn Fade felt a strange calling from one of her kin folk. It wasnt unusual for Elves to have this inner ability, it came as a feeling and not as a voice, a feeling strong enough that she reached into her pocket for a teleport ring and made her way back to Desert Pines without a second thought.

She stepped into the storage cave looking around at all the faces until she spotted him. What a sorry state he looked all covered in dust, blinking and rubbing his eyes. 'Cavern wall?' Fade asked with a smile and started to cast a healing spell.

Not long after Fade made her way back to the Merry Soul intent on catching up with her lost drinking time.

She sauntered through the door and imidiatly noticed an elf packing up his violin, she sighed and her sholders slumped a little. She loved the sweet music of the violin and was quite sad she had missed it.

With another sigh she headed for the bar again and smiled at the barkeep 'Back again?' Roua asked Fade with a wink. 'Yes' laughed Fade 'There is somthing not quite right in the world today, an uneasyness in the air and earth, somthing I will ponder upon while I drink some of your mead' Fade laughed and handed Roua a few coins.

Fade then turned to the other new faces within the bar and smiled 'greetings' she said and took a long draught of her mead.

unlike his last trip through the Merry Soul he just slammed the door open and panted thouroughly. noticing Fade and two others he grinned "Hello there." he continued "Fade it seems one of the elves have been caught by another person. i did not hang around long for him to say his name but i was positive he had caught one," he turned to the others, " by the way,names Krakas." ((my fav line ;) ))

he looked around the tavern high and low trying to remember his favored flipping coin he had forgotten and asked Roua "happen to see a coin with a tiny piece of polished ruby in it?" but Roua shock her head. He continued to search as it was a gift to him from a very good friend of his.

Edited by Krakas3

Suddenly a huge grin appeared of evilmangopie's face. He had just recieved some very good news. He casually dropped some money into the violin players suitcase.

"So, tell me your story." he said to the violin player "Howd you wind up here?"

After overhearing Krakas speak about his lost coin evil also looked around but he could not see it.

Krakas rushed towards the violin player and asked "happen to have a coin in that suit case of yours thats has a polished ruby in it?" he waited hoping the violin player would check for him.