Eternal Lands Official Forums
fadewillows

The Merry Soul Tavern

(OOC) I have been reading through the many posts in this RP Forum and have enjoyed doing so. Some of you out there have a real talent and knack for RP - I salute you

:P

So I have decided to start a new thread as all seems to have gone quiet :D join in anytime you want and I do hope you do so. I have based the RP within an Inn so you will have to 'write' yourself entering and leaving, this will make it a little easier for those new to RP also.

ps I am dyslexic so please dont give me a hard time over spelling or small typos.

..................................................................................................

(IC)

Fade sighed deeply as she pushed the heavy door of the Merry Soul Tavern open and took a tentative step inside. The end of the day had come and not soon enough for the weary half elf cleric, normaly acustomed to healing others and telling stories & tales Fade had spent the day mining iron ore. As she made her way over to the bar she stretched out the last knots in her back and let her shoulders relax a little.

Looking around her she noticed she was the only one about, apart from Roua the barkeep, how quiet it seemed to her. Smiling weakly she pushed a few gold coins towards Roua and uttered just one word 'Ale' and sat down upon the hard wooden stool all energy stole from her form and mind.

'You look like you have had a hard day' Roua said to her with a smile and passed her a foaming mug of cool ale. 'Thank you, and yes I have' Fade replied and tried once again to let a smile play upon her lips. She reached out for the cool ale with every muscle aching in her arms and took hold of it with tired fingers. Bringing it forward to her lips she took in a long draught and relaxed.

Xanados, an old and wiry dwarf, was the next to enter the tavern. He nodded at Fade as he sidled up to the bar. "The usual," he said in his characteristically gruff voice, from years of shouting orders to junior dwarves, and singing at the top of his lungs. Badly, and very off key. Roua smiled at him as she poured him his usual stout, handed it to him and asked, "Anything new?"

Xanados' eyes lit up, partially from the fact that he had his drink and partially from excitment. "Well, as a matter of fact, we discovered several new ores recently. I'm most excited about the Copper and Tin ores that we've discovered, but my wife is more excited about the Seridium ore I personally discovered. She says that she will be able to do wonders with it in her crafting." Roua smiled and asked him, "When are you going to make me the mugs that you've promised?" "I'll get to them soon," he replied.

Xanados turned towards Fade and said, "It looks like you have had a very long day...."

((OOC: Fixed some spelling/grammatical errors, and added more dialog))

Edited by The Real Sparhawk

Fade listened intently to the conversation between the bar keep and the dwarf, particular at the mention of new ores. Fade was quite fed up of mining iron and wondered what could be made with these new ores.

As she was deep in thought the dwarf spoke to her and brought her back from her reverie. 'You look like you have had a hard day' he said, Fade wondered if she still had dirt upon her face and as she turned to greet the dwarf casualy wiped her face with her sleeve.

'Hail good dwarf' she said with a smile and leaned a little lower. 'Yes I have had quite a tough day in the cavern mining iron, glad the day has come to and end. Shall we toast to the end of the day?' she enquired as she motioned for the bar keep to fill up the tankards.

Happy_G entered the tavern with a vial in one hand and a book in the other. never looking up from his book he sat down next to Fade and took a swig from his vial. He continued to read his book when he heard Fade say "Shall we toast to the end of the day?". Happy_G looked up and held his vial in the air and said "I will toast to that," there was a slight pause "sorry to intrude on your conversation, ive had a long day messing with making earth essences and mining quartz for matter essences, and this book is so long, im 2000 pages in and thats just 10% complete." He says, still holding his reasoning potion in the air.

"Earth Essences and Matter Essences, eh? Sounds like you are looking foreward to mining Copper Ore. I happen to be a slight expert on that subject," Xanados replied, "But first let us toast the day."

"For every wound, a balm.

For every sorrow, cheer.

For every storm, a calm.

For every thirst, a beer!"

'A beer!' Fade repeated loudly after the dwarf had finished reciting the words and took a long draught of her ale. She turned then to Happy_G and greeted him with a smile 'Sorry Im not much of a lady when it comes to drinking' she said with a light giggle in her voice.

"Thats ok Fade." Happy_G says with a smile. He turns and looks at Xanados and says "Actually im reading up on copper smelting, im an alchemist. i made all those essences earlier to give to my guilds miner to get the copper for me." Happy_G takes a swig of his Reasoning potion again "I just cant wait to finish this book" Happy_G looks back down to his book to continue reading.

"Ah, so you know the value of not overtasking yourself," Xanados replied, "I have a friend, an elf no less, who has read more books than I've ever seen before. He is more interested in the Tin Ore than the Copper Ore. It's quite hilarious to watch him on his way to mine the Tin, with swords sticking out all over."

Xanados stopped to think (and almost forgot to start again), then said, "I have an idea for a bet, whoever can let loose the best burp gets this next round paid for by me."

'Now that sounds like a chalenge im up for' Fade said and took in a long draught of liquid and made sure she gulped some air aswel. Of course dwarves were renound for drinking and, well burping but she would give it her best shot anyhow, she was under no ilusions she could best a dwarf at his own game.

Fade was a half elf but she had tried her best to fit in with the locals of this world, she had been transported here from her own world when she had found a strange amulet one day. ((OOC: for full background story click link at bottom of text)) It had taken her weeks to admit the fact that she was probably never to return to her home so she had started upon making a new life here for herself. And this encluded not being very ladylike and playing drinking games within inns, somthing she had never been able to do before.

Fade lent back upon her stool a little and stretched out her neck and gave a loud burp and laughed. 'well I did my best' she said and smiled.

http://s3.freepowerboards.com/wrpgforum/wr...rum-about9.html

"not bad, my turn." *BUUURP* "Well, not sure if it was as good as yours but it wasn't bad." Happy_G turns and looks at Xanados "I can imagine your friend with all those iron swords, kinda amusing. I have tin smelting in this bag here, once i'm done ill have to read that, i'm getting ready for when the manufacturer's finally figure out this new armor."

"Nice Burp, Fade," Xanados said, "And not half bad Happy_G. Now It's the master's turn." But before he could burp, Roua let out a resounding BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP!!!

Roua smiled and said, "I may be a lady, but there is a reason why I'm the bartender and not a tavern wench." "It's not enough that she takes half of my money anyway," Xanados muttered, "But now she has me buying drinks for her...."

Edited by The Real Sparhawk

'Nice one Roua!' Fade said and tipped her ale mug in a toast. 'Its nice to see that us ladies can keep up with the men folk' Fade then herd her stomach growl and she realised she had not eaten in a fair while, I had better eat soon or the ale will start to go to my head. she thought to herself.

'What is on the menu tonight Roua? got any nice roast boar?' she enquired. Roua nodded and headed for the kitchen. Her mind wandered again to thoughts of the new armor, it was a while since she had done any manufactoring, if truth be know she had let the skill slip somewhat, maybe, just may be it was time to get back to raising that skill.

OOC:first attempt so go easy on me plz :icon13:

IC:Krakas opened the tavern door carefully as if to scan the surrondings to be sure its safe.After he came in the red haired middle aged human male ((ie me)) walked slowly towards the bar and asked the bartender "glass of ale please,quick as possible." when he got his drink he counted his coins and passed them to Roua.Having noticed the others next to him he gave a weak smile but it was obvious something was bothering him.

Edited by Krakas3

"shujral, im afraid i don't know much about that book, nor have i read it. so im not of much help to you. but Krakas over there looks like he needs help."

Happy_G leans over looking at Krakas, "what seems to be bothering you?"

OOC:wonder where Fade and xanados went? oh well.

IC:"well..." he said to happy_G "me and afew others went to Hulda for a fair fight.When we arrived two fellows in orange cloaks summoned two giants and my mates died.It seems im the only one who survived the attack.I waited at the beam but there was no sign of them." after saying this he went cold."and there they were the summoners. cold as the night staring at me with their red eyes.They were at the beam also..." Then he stopped.

((OOC)) soory I thought the thread had gone dead so I didnt look for a while.

Fade came back from the ladies room :hehe: and re took her seat at the bar, there was now a couple more new faces in the inn and she smiled at each of them in turn.

She had of course perked up her elf ears as she had walked back to the bar and herd the mention of giants, death and glowing eyes. This was very unusual as people always came back to beam, didnt they? She decided to order another drink and stay quiet in hope that more would be revealed.

"ahhh an elf," Krakas smiled "love meeting you folk. nice to meet you." Krakas left it to there for awhile wondering if she heard him talk about his friends' fates. The thought slipped away from him after a glass of ale and continued," I was starting to doubt that they actually died but was captured by those fiends..." he continued "then it hit me... i didnt see most of the action only when the giants just got summoned. They must have my friends! but i will rescue them later i need to drink :confused: ."

Fade nodded and smiled 'nice to meet you to' she then watched as Krakas downed another drink, and listened to him carefully. 'So you intend to rescue them then?' she inquired after a long pause. 'Is the ale for courage?' she asked with a light giggle in her voice.

Fade often teased but she enver ment any harm by doing so, it was just her way. For those that knew her found it one of her charms, those that didnt often took a litle offence.

Fade automaticaly clamped her lower lip between her teeth as she realised she had teased again.

"yes i do intend to rescue them,eventually" Krakas said slowly "the ale? nah it aint just something to do while i plan if i get anything after a drink which is more likely i dont get anything..." he laughed after saying that. "im gonna stop with the drinks and go staight to the proper thinking, but ill stay here for company :P "

after saying this he got a coin and started flipping it for heads and tails.

Fade gave a warm smile, she could only guess at the mans inner turmoil but was determined to sit quietly and just 'be' . She had found this worked on a number of occasions and actualy helped somwhat to the person in strife. She would be a silent suporter, somone just to listen and be there if needed.

She watched as he flipped the coin this way and that ready to snap it down to give an answer, intrigued she decided to speak against her better judgment. 'Is one hoping the coin will aid your thoughts or help you make a decision? she enquired.

Not looking, Sam (a green-hooded dwarf) knocks into Krakas, sending the coin flying. Grumbling something between "watch where you're sitting" and perhaps "sorry", he takes his posters towards the Adventurers Needed notice board.

The posters are burnt at the edges and the corners of one curl back on him as he struggls to Nail it to the wall. Still gruimbling, he walks back past the bar, flinging two of his own coins in Rouas' direction. The coins flip, bounce and roll until they are sat with Krakas' coin on the counter. The door shuts as the coins lay their answer open; the dwarf is gone.

The poster clumsily covers the other notices and pictures two grubby fellows in brown capes. They are the two fellows that attacked Krakas and his friends.

Wanted for murder and robbery, dead or alive. Reward: 500 000 gold coins. Report upstairs
Spellcasting Lounge Tavern&Inn, Arius
with bounty

The poster also boasts extra reward for looting the criminals hide-out, and quotes some witness reports in Aeth Aelfen and Melinis. The poster seems to have been distributed by a Nordcarn based organisation, by the looks of a small Insignia in the corner of the page...

"apparently its a habit for me" sighed Krakas to Fade

as he got rudely interrupted by sam he smiled "no need to rush :confused: take it easy"

he overlooks the poster and sighs "what a day..."

after realising the dwarf is gone he continuously flips the three coins with one hand without either dropping on the tavern floor. "ill do it later when i get some peace in the mind."