Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saxum

New stone: Stone of War

I know Day of Peace is very unpopular day with some and very popular day with others so I'd suggest a player creatable stone called Stone of War. It will change day from Peace to War but other than that it will have no other effects but be neutral day which can not be further changed with another stone. Since some may be doing things dependent on this day and day may change when they are AFK, stone will not change day immediately but on next hour and may be only used during first 5 minutes of each hour otherwise message will be received "Stone can not be used at this time". A message (aka blue spam) will be posted on 5 and 10 minute marks "Warning: Day of Peace will be ending at start of next hour". This seems to balance needs of warmongers and peace lovers.

Suggestions on ingredients for Stone of War:

• Polar bear furs (lots in game and make a use of them)
  • Blue Dragon Scales
  • Lenny furs
  • One each of Books of Titanium/Steel Long Sword of Fire, ice, Magic and Thermal (useless in game)
  • One each of Books of Serpent Sword of Fire, ice, Magic and Thermal (useless in game)
  • Barricade Book (sold by NPC but not creatable)
  • Potions of attack, defense, accuracy and evasion
  • Rostogol stones
  • Enriched fire and death essences

Understand that recipe will need to be balanced but unlike Sun Tzu stones this stone does not give day special abilities just removes day attributes for part of day.

Why?

I just can't see a reason for this stone other then allowing the A/D grinders to keep at it.. No one else really benefits from it.

Considering how often a peace day occurs, it would make no sense to implement a stone like that.

We get a peace once per 2-3 months ? ...

I am not an A/D grinder but can see reason for it and tried to balance the two. In particular I see people work quite a bit of time to do a WTF instance and it is sometimes hard to get all of the players together on a day. Radu often changes day anyways and this would be a way for those who want day to change to work to achieve it.

One of the things I really loved about eternal lands where the random days. Good, or bad. They where pretty rare, and when they occurred it was a treat, or it was "6 more hours til I can do ....."

It seems to me with the bad day removals, and the "day" stones the special days have lost much of their meaning. They are by far not as exciting anymore, and I find myself even saying "bah, another sun tzu ffs" or something like this. I certainly preferred the randomness, as opposed to logging on and getting pm's "Magic day in 12 hours" and I look up at the #day and I see it is already Magic day. (for example)

One of the things I really loved about eternal lands where the random days. Good, or bad. They where pretty rare, and when they occurred it was a treat, or it was "6 more hours til I can do ....."

It seems to me with the bad day removals, and the "day" stones the special days have lost much of their meaning. They are by far not as exciting anymore, and I find myself even saying "bah, another sun tzu ffs" or something like this. I certainly preferred the randomness, as opposed to logging on and getting pm's "Magic day in 12 hours" and I look up at the #day and I see it is already Magic day. (for example)

I am not an A/D grinder but can see reason for it and tried to balance the two. In particular I see people work quite a bit of time to do a WTF instance and it is sometimes hard to get all of the players together on a day. Radu often changes day anyways and this would be a way for those who want day to change to work to achieve it.

What about people who work their arses hard to get enough s2e to mine hydrogenium? Shouldn't they have a "Peace Day Stone", too? C'mon. Why would WTF instancers (or any other instancers) get any better treatment than the rest of the community?

What about people who work their arses hard to get enough s2e to mine hydrogenium? Shouldn't they have a "Peace Day Stone", too? C'mon. Why would WTF instancers (or any other instancers) get any better treatment than the rest of the community?

Peace day's probably the worst day to harv hydro

Yeah random #days were great, when you got one you really did all you could to use it all the 6 hours - now you just see it come and think oh well there will be another one soon again so no worries.

Peace day is the day for engineers to hunt dragons. Not very efficiently, but still.

Peace day is also a day for many people to do quests on pk maps or just normal dangerous maps.

Hydro mining is not as bad if you have at least 10 engineering and decent vision because then you can usually see the mines that are placed. Going in groups will make hydro mining even better. You could, for example, bring a newb or new member with you and show them where the hydro is. There is some kind of cool sites on the way to the hydro, so sight seeing might be fun. if you follow in the other person's footsteps, only the first person in the line is likely to die.

Peace day is a neutral day for a reason. It is neither good nor bad. There are people who enjoy the day.

Hydro mining is not as bad if you have at least 10 engineering and decent vision because then you can usually see the mines that are placed. Going in groups will make hydro mining even better. You could, for example, bring a newb or new member with you and show them where the hydro is. There is some kind of cool sites on the way to the hydro, so sight seeing might be fun. if you follow in the other person's footsteps, only the first person in the line is likely to die.

rofl, if this is the advice you give to noobs, no wonder people keep dropping on peace day :D

Go on, good sir

Creating this stone in game will take the act dismissing peace day souly out of Radu's hands, and into the pocket of the highest level players. So what you might think, but. The need to go off and explore and do all those noob things that can only be done on theses days will be removed from EL. So for that reason I think this stone is a bad idea.

The need to go off and explore and do all those noob things that can only be done on theses days will be removed from EL. So for that reason I think this stone is a bad idea.

+1 to not introducing peace-removal stone.

Randomn special days were great, now with stones they are normal. Look at reconstruction day - one a week?

Peace day mucks me up, but makes me do others things. I don't stop. Sometimes I even go off and explore.

Peace day may be unpopular among some players, but it's a very good day to finishing some quests and even explore new areas.

And it's such a rare day that i don't think it's a big problem for those that are not interested in it. I would also have mines not working during this day so it can be truly peacefully.

Only stone needed is a "Random Day" stone where you get a 50/50 chance to get a good or a bad day when used :P

I still miss the good old random days as they were in the beginning.