Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cruella

Harvester medallion

Thanks, I will search and compare results.

Third medallion has lasted enough to get 180 tree mushrooms, one event with 120 gold, zero exp.

Sick

-------------------------------------------

EDIT:

4th medallion - 4290 exp. + 2680 exp. + 120 gold

--------------------------------------------

5th medallion - 6480 exp. + 2430 exp. + 160 gold

Edited by Cruella

I've had two, but didn't keep the stats. I sort of see them like a trip to Vegas--plan to lose some $, but enjoy the momentary thrills in-between. Yes, there is a chance of getting lucky, but mostly it's the \o/ moments that I'm paying for (even if in the end they aren't really worth the cost of the med). I always lose in Vegas, but damn it's fun.

Entropy posted somewhere that the idea of the harv medallion was like a lottery.

You buy a ticked for the lottery (harv med) and pray that you win a prize (xp/gold).

If youre lucky, you win, meaning get more gc than you paid for the med or a good load of harv xp.

If youre unlucky, you get less than you paid down to nothing from it.

And like in a real lottery, a lot of ppl are unlucky and only a few win ;)

Piper

The description of the item says it decreases the tool breaking chances by 2, increases the experience and money from random events by 10

It is unfair that it breaks before delivering any benefit, especially taking into account its price.

I accept the risk of losing it occasionally after getting some benefits, I cannot accept the situation when getting any benefit is an exception

Anyway, I have one more to test - I'll update the topic with the new info soon :D

I was wondering, if that half breakage rate for tools means also tools like hammers, needles or even vial molds and alembics. If so, then harvesting medallion would have been much more useful.

I was wondering, if that half breakage rate for tools means also tools like hammers, needles or even vial molds and alembics. If so, then harvesting medallion would have been much more useful.

It certainly excludes those items, I can tell from experience :D

Tools in this context are most likely only the ones you equip to harvest.

Yeah, only harvesting tools, but as you see it is a crappy protection since the medallion breaks faster than the tools it is supposed to protect lol

Check your astro, if you got high harvest events don't harvest with one much. More likely for it to break.

But it's where you get most blessings/bags with gold.

No reason to use it when you don't get any harv events.

Well, my most recent harv med broke after finally giving me 88910 experience and I have no idea how little gold. I will be buying another soon and will keep a record of what that one gives me too

Harvest event is the only reason to wear a Medallion (besides the 2x decrease in breaking harvesting tool). If you get no harvest event, you get no benefit from wearing the medallion. So wear it during high event times, wear it during low event times. AFAIK, the ratio of good to bad harvest events stays the same, just the frequency changes.

If you wear during low harvest event times, the medallion will last longer (in chronological time), but on average it will last the same number of events. As everyone is painfully aware, the likelyhood of a harvest event breaking the medallion is moderately high which means the chances of making a "profit" on one of these medallions is not good.

Well, my most recent harv med broke after finally giving me 88910 experience and I have no idea how little gold. I will be buying another soon and will keep a record of what that one gives me too

You are extremely lucky then, congrats !

Next medallion - 6450 exp.

Long term empirical data is the only way you're going to see a clear picture of what harv medallions can do. As discussed before, wear only during the xp part of your harvest then take off. Also stay away from ores as they seem to have more events and not the good ones.

As a running score of my counters:

Blessing: 177795

Gold: 7668

Breaks: 17

Which means I'm getting on average 451gc and 10,459xp per medallion.

That means so far if you 10k xp per medallion is what you want, then use harv meds. If you don't think it is a good use of gold, then don't.

Very interesting data, thanks for sharing

I see from these numbers that 1k of experience costs you 1,6k gc

let's say at level 50, to gain a level in harving you need 124k of exp.

that means, gaining a level thanks to harvesting medallion costs you 200 kgc (of course at this average level)

now as you've said, everyone needs to decide whether it is worth it or not ...

Every1 know its not worth it but for some unknown reason they buy another and another after they break :)

I just bought one, it's terribly addicting :) btw, stats so far:

4,280 EXP

130 gold :D

~kGn

I never got a harvest medallion. The 6Kgc is just not worth loosing on the first event for me. I have seen it happen many times and dont want to risk it.

Ill just harvest more to get the exp needed.

As far as gold coin goes. . . Just alc to make coin for me. :icon13:

My only one harvesting medallion is currently just a dustcatcher in my storage. But good luck Cruella on your painful rite of knowledge :icon13:

If its collection dust in your storage you might want to sell it to someone who wants an extra 100gc while harvesting.

HAHA thats kinda funny that it cost 6Kgc to possibly get a little extra gc while harvesting.

I think that people mostly wear them for the chance at extra exp other than the gold. :o