Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burn

Map Issues Noted Since 1.9.4 Update

Please post any issues noted here.

* DP - rock in Evergreen Woods can be walked through (29,318)

Fix done, will be fixed on next server update.

Edited by Burn

Magic School of Tarsengaard [162,223]: Can't enter the library, gives message "You are too far away." even when standing as close a possibel to the door.

Especially nasty, since the library is involved in several quests (Minel daily)

EDIT: first mentioned by Aquila, confirmed also by Darrock and Nyx

EDIT: second error (minor): "Magic School of Tarsengaard [217,359]" : you get the message " You entered Apprentice Chambers." when leaving that room (as well as when entering it)

Same thing happens in the other Apprentice chambers (Magic School of Tarsengaard [217,311])

Edited by revi

No tweaks at this time. I've stared at these maps for months on end and need a break for a month or three. (And that's a couple weeks' work.)

Please limit this to potential game breakers of the need-to-fix-quick variety.

The fixes I sent have been confirmed to work on the Test server, so above issues concerning DP rock and TG MS library entry should be resolved whenever radu updates the server.

(I also just sent a fix for the WS summon arena where a few tiles west of the ladder didn't give summon mana bonus, though that's apparently been an issue before as I didn't change that arena.)

Edited by Burn

No tweaks at this time. I've stared at these maps for months on end and need a break for a month or three. (And that's a couple weeks' work.)

Please limit this to potential game breakers of the need-to-fix-quick variety.

K, I'll keep the minor tweaks in a private list for now, please let us know when you are up to attacking them again :)

And Thank you and Acelon for the fabulous work on all the maps.

Tthat there are some glitches is to be expected. Unfortunately, those stand out, all the positive corrections, that make using them go smoothly, pass unnoticed.

There's more to the forum than this one thread. ;-)

Here I'm needing stuff that needs an immediate fix, though, that can't wait almost a year until 1.9.5.

(Though as for the "location" info, I already have planned to spend some time cleaning that up for the next release.)

Reported missing walkable tiles in PV FCW cave, lava area.

Fix sent.

If you're going to the FCWs in PV in the meantime, have some spare tele-to-range essies to pass one specific spot in the lava area of that cave.

Hello. I hope this is correct .... in ws sewers is a difficulty walking on the ramp... 198,264 and that general area. This is a new issue for me. Littlebig says not to click near to the wall which works ok for him, but i have to be right on edge of drop to move at all.

Nothing was changed in that area. Height (walkable) tiling looks fine. Nothing I can fix.

This happens in general in areas that are higher than the norm, as that area is. Before and now. Perhaps you used it with a camera angle looking "more downward" than before. The higher your camera angle, the less issues in situations like that.

(In Ctrl+O -> Camera -> Minimum Tilt Angle I recommend making sure that's set to 20, the lowest number possible for it. That'll allow for higher viewing if not already set to that.)

Reported missing walkable tiles in PV FCW cave, lava area.

Fix sent.

If you're going to the FCWs in PV in the meantime, have some spare tele-to-range essies to pass one specific spot in the lava area of that cave.

Probably not needed, but just for completeness: the missing walkable tiles are around 274,113.

I.o.w; they block access to both FCW cave and 'normal' exit, so when going there you will need to carry ttr until corrected.

Minel quest for Talon, sends you to (WS 540,415), new location should be White Stone [532,417]

Bob88 found a glich in WS

[icevodka @ 6]: manu school exit is screwed up / [icevodka @ 6]: when you exit manu school you land behind blacksmith shop in back garden
[PM to Maxine: You are in White Stone - Lakeside Village [567,141] * you land here
Maxine: lol. is a oops, can you post it in Burn's thread, probably easy fix
bob88: can you post it ice? lost pass to forums
done

Just a minor thing: You are in White Stone - Elavro Mountains [421,683] and [422,672] -- 2 rocks that can be walked through

Edited by Lalaith

Noted...

Please keep in mind there's a forum for map bugs, not just this thread.

Please leave this thread for potential game-stoppers only. It's for me to quickly see stuff that needs immediate fixing only. Little shit that doesn't directly harm the game can be posted in another thread on this forum to check for 1.9.5.

Angler found these walk through rocks

You are in Irinveron [465,277] - You are in Aeth Aelfan, the Elven Homeland [52,209] You are in Aeth Aelfan, the Elven Homeland [108,315]
thank you