Sign in to follow this  
Coban

Crafting update?

Rings Update  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How to improve rings making ?

• Reduce the ingredients's cost
    • Rising NPCs's prices up
    • Change the Golden/silver ring reciepe (same receipe gives more rings)
    • Get chances to create a Hydro ring
    • Choices1,3,4 and reduce NPCs prices

https://gyazo.com/67f71ba39bd7608b09f8f325fbdc20aa

HI everyone, this a comparative list of the rings's prices. the list compares the prices of the rings made by yourselves with the prices if you buy rings throught NPCs.

I realized that it costs more to make one, than the NPCs actually sell them, for most of the rings.

I think it would be usefull to update those recipe so that people who actually craft can better sell their crafted items.

Tell me what do you think about that.

Radu told me to write this post, if we are enough to agree on the subject he would update it.

Thanks for reading and commenting

Ungoliant.

Edited by Coban

The problem is you can't buy ings from the market and expect to compete with the npc's. We have several already complaining about NPC's selling stuff. NPC's place a cap on finished item cost. It prevents profiteering. We have enough of that going on right now. Just try and buy binders or EFE,the price is well beyond what they should be and we won't talk about blue dragon plate. :icon4:

If you want to make money with crafting sell other things than rings, medallions for one.

BruSu YES yES yEs!

Edited by Aquila

Thanks for responding and giving me your comments.

OK first things first, i am not complaining about the NPC's prices, i wonder if we could change the way we make rings(the receipe), so they would be cheaper to make at least the same cost as the NPCs, preferably a little less so we can make a little profit.

My prices are made with the ingredient if you get them yourself.(gold, sulfur, iron, etc...)

To correct the rings's prices their is a simple way, instead of taking the actual receipe, for instance 1 silver ring=3fire essences and 2 silver bars, for those ingredients we could say that we could make as an exemple 10 silver rings instead of 1.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ring of Anitora: 350gc if you buy from NPC

Ring of Anitora: 691gc if you buy ingre from NPC and mix them

Ring of Anitora: 430gc if you harvest all ingre & mix them yourself (Price based on primary ingredients (Coal/flower/iron/etc...)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks again and sorry for my english :)

Ungoliant

Edited by Coban

Simple way to correct some of it is by having a NPC sell crafting paper cheaper either after quest or a NPC priest to followers.

Simple way to correct some of it is by having a NPC sell crafting paper cheaper either after quest or a NPC priest to followers.

or make it make-able. we have paper, hammers, diamonds. we just need some kind of paste to stick the diamond dust to the paper

I think that's is great. More items made by players is a way that could revive entire economy.

Sure, on every mixing skill are items that are worth making by players (like medallions mentioned by Aquila) but if you look from other side, many items aren't worth making, and reason for that very often is NPC blocked price.

I also agree that changing recipe is safest way to do it, in some items changing NPC price could work too, but I think that will bring more unpredictable effects, then changing recipe.

In short I totally agree with Ungoliant, and I would liek to see that happening starting from crafting and moving to other mixing skills, so people can have decent profit not only from fighting.

hi:) I think the much better idea would be to to allow a special item while mixing these rings': a ring of hydro

+1 rather than increase NPC price.

I'm in favor of adjusting the npc prices slightly and also of making ring of hydro a "special mix", as Brusu said.

Currently mixers have almost no way to reach the hydro, if we could randomly mix that ring maybe Stivy's

stranglehold on that area would be broken. Or at least not as overkill as it is now.

I think it is not realistic to augment the NPCs prices, 350 is already much just for 1 ring. it is already hard to sell rings right now, i dont think that rising the prices up are a good way for us to sell and to buy.

To level up your crafting skill you need to make thousands, so it would be better to reduce the cost of the ingredient needed to make them.

Keep in mind that higher NPC prices allows for a larger range of player controlled ring price. In an economy like EL has there is no perfect solution.

Very good idea, i especially agree with Thigrim saying that the more items the players can make by themselves rather than only buy from NPC's could revive the economy.

Also +1 for chance of mixing hydro ring

Hi, Ungoliant. Thanks for bringing up this issue. I know it is something that has bothered many crafters for years.

I make over half of my total income from making and selling rings. I make 25 of the 26 transportation rings regularly. (PV rings I usually buy from NPC & resell). So I have some concerns about how any change to the ring market would affect me.

I'm not keen on the idea of raising NPC prices. Adarah's sell prices on rings are mostly above NPC price now. If NPC price is raised, bot prices will go up also. This will likely make more people use TP essies rather than rings more often, reducing an already declining demand.

I looked at your ring ing costs and compared them with a similar spreadsheet that I last updated 3 or 4 years ago, and the costs are similar, indicating little price volatility for these items. I rarely change ring prices, and in fact have only changed them on my bot in recent years in response to Adarah changing her ring buy prices above my sell prices.

Reducing ing costs would be nice for many, but would not affect me unless the price for Gem Sanders was reduced, as those are the only thing I buy for ring-making. So my only gc out of pocket is 10 x the number of polished gems in the recipe.

On the issue of a chance of making a 'special', such as a hydro ring, it has some interesting possibilities depending on how it is implemented. If the 'special' is particularly valuable, I'd expect people will make a lot more of the least expensive rings, hoping to make one, thus driving prices down.

I'd suggest that at some point, you make a poll with several options. Good luck :)

I think it is not realistic to augment the NPCs prices, 350 is already much just for 1 ring. it is already hard to sell rings right now, i dont think that rising the prices up are a good way for us to sell and to buy.

To level up your crafting skill you need to make thousands, so it would be better to reduce the cost of the ingredient needed to make them.

And the dung teleporters took some of ring business.

An option "No changes needed" would have been nice. Don't forget that crafting was supposed to be a gold sink

(although with tailoring in game now, that's perhaps not so obvious anymore).

Revi with your argument everything in this game is a gold sink, Economic in this game cannot work this way. What is needed is a way for People who do not fight to have a way to get gc other then just with boring time intensive harvesting.

This game needs to have parts where it is fun to craft, manu, tailor and so on and not just a hard excercise to get some level and then say, oh nice i am high now and can do nothing with it.

Your answer on almost "EVERY SUGGESTION" is they are bad for game. Why do you think people make suggestions. because they like the game and do want changes to make it better not worse.

As it is right now Manu is pretty much dead. Besides the Big Books there is no real market for that skill anymore since s2e mixing is not profitable anymore.

Crafting has for all below 76 no real making values anymore, so people going that high want either do the tutorials and finish it.

I started the game with the idea I want to get Alch Manu Crafting to 100, i had my gods set up on those. Alch went fast. Crafting and manu not. because it was lots of gc put in for little resault. Potions i managed to level without god inside 1 year as high as i could go with Crafting and manu in 8,

I agree with your assesment of the different skills. But I do maintain that it has been that way for as long as I have been playing (something like 8 years).

And no, I don't comment on every suggestion that it is "bad for the game". A lot perhaps, or might it be that I see some negative effect that the original poster overlooked or chose to pass over? And might it be that quite a few suggestions are either very one-sided (as in favouring one group to the detriment of others), or (too?) expensive to implement?

As for this paricular case: I suggested that a "no change" option might be added, and my argument was that crafting was supposed to be a sink.

That does not imply that I think the suggestion is bad for the game. The options as listed do not leave any room for those that do not want or see a need for any of the changes proposed. That's not an honest poll, that's saying "We have to change this, you get a chance to pick between a few changes I decided would be good". Sorry, no vote from me in that case.

Edited by revi

or make it make-able. we have paper, hammers, diamonds. we just need some kind of paste to stick the diamond dust to the paper

We have honey.

Could someone explain why there are still a lot of rings for sale from bots under NPC price?

Examples: Portland, Naralik, Desert Pines, White Stone, VotD, Glacmor, Hurquin, Emerald Valley, Trassian, Bethel, Idaloran, Egratia.

Some are indeed only available higher than NPC price (Iscalrith, Irinveron, Palon Vertas), but the majority is available for less than the NPC price and even the Iscal, Irin and PV rings are sold below OP's ingrdient cost.