132 replies to this topic

#41 calla

calla

White Rabbit

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Nickolah

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:46 AM

I like pk server.Im for letting people have 1 free charactor .Not for shutting c2 down at all becuase if you charge a one time fee i already payed for 4 charactors here.I also have donated charators here also.C2 has items and books npc that we wouldnt be able to recieve if it was shut down.That would be crudy if We didnt have that option to go to c2 to get then .Also would take the fun of leonard out of the picture.I would be upset if I had to pay to go to c2 after I paid for 4 charactors.I can see not charging for the first charactor and paying for the second or 3 charactor.Our house has 5 players here all in the same guild and yes when not in use from someone else in the house I use one as an alt.I also bought one charactor that s for guild use for in game gc.As for complaining about all our alts you all complain that their hardly any market here.Also i went out and paid good money in real life to have this comp that runs 2 charators at the same time.I bought my computer just for this game and had it upgraded.The rest of the house comps only run 1 charactor exept the real runifucan.Who doesnt play much becuase of work .Im sorry but I used my retirement money for this comp.Which wasnt much.Im very grateful that I can play this game for now.This is whats left of of what I worked for the charactors and my computer.My job went to china and I now suffer from mulitiple sclerosis.So yes life not fair I can play more than one charactor for right now.Till I cant see move my hands.Be grateful for what you have and can do becuase who knows what the next day will bring.Also pretty soon I wont get to play as much becuase of theoropy.Also training two dogs to be my assistance.One to help me get up and down and the other to bring me items.
Yes Im going to fight this mess till the end.I guess thats why Im a happy harvester mixer becuase I have too much of a fight in the real world.Also I have a decent charactor on main and if I wanted to play more like Main I would play on main where I cant use my alt .Ok dont griping we used to have a wondering fool and a wondering idiot that would wonder around all over and get beat up it was kinda fun.That was before bkc56. Calla Aka Nickolah

#42 Korrode

Korrode

Panda Bear

• Members
  • 3848 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:18 AM

@DHT:
Well some topics we agree on, some we don't.
I retain my stance that without making changes along the line of what i suggest, the server will remain lowly populated.

OT:

Again, you forget other skills. No offense, but this isn't QELServ, where there's only combat. That's your concept of a PK server,

Umm just fyi; the full QELServ product is not going to be only combat, equal emphasis will be placed on combat and non-combat elements.
Only the 'QELServ: Lands of War' server, which is somewhat of an equivalent to EL's PK server, is only combat.

But yes, you're right, my concept of a PK server revolves around combat. That said, I don't suggest that mixing/harvesting be removed from from the PK server altogether.

Edited by Korrode, 12 January 2010 - 03:50 AM.

#43 calla

calla

White Rabbit

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Nickolah

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:11 AM

The only thing I would be upset about is if they did a one time charge to get to c2.I already paid to play here i can understand if they got their first charactor for free to be charged for being able to use c2.I just wouldnt think it very fair for those of us who already paid to play here.Also if i couldnt interact with my alt becuase thats why I came here to begine with.That would mean I couldnt do any trade with most of my guild.Since most of them live in the same house.
Then I would be like why on earth did I pay to play here.Most people i talk to about pk server is its not their thing they like to run around with no risk involved.Their afraid of loosintg what they ve worked for.We also dont have the cool clothes which are being worked on right now.The rare items cant be bought to make most of the cool armor.Maybe if their was more store items buyable to make the better armor.Also the horses and the mule gliphes would be cool too.
Were harvesting and working our buts off to make the items that you can get from day to day on main.Main is also experiencing its getting around problem due to all the guild bots that are there.I remember the day when everyone was complaining about the main server and wanted this one so they could have most areas pk.With no attachments no cool down.Well I played main when they added cool down it I hated it.It turned it into a whole diffrent game.If those of us that wanted what we payed for to stay the same it would be nice if we could get grandfather cluased in.We know that would not happen.To much programing work.If we want everything the same as main take the pk sever and make a copy of main.Pretty soon they ll be here and get pked and grumble get mad and leave.Oh my they got my pic ax and the coal I just harvested oh my take me about 10 mins to recover and harvest it all again.Just take us a little longer to make them really cool items you all been wanting.So if you get the ones that dont want to pk tell them to come and join spam or one of the other supply guilds.Most of them are afraid of loosing a pic ax or would forget and run around in their expensive clothing.As for all you that are here I like playing with ya you all keep the language pretty clean and are an enjoyable to the game.Your all more honerable then most of the main .I had more bad experiences on main then here. Nickolah :rolleyes:

#44 DHT

DHT

Leprechaun

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:49 AM

face it, the server is dead, and it probably all will be. Nothing is going to get done. i havent seen ent post here once. why dont you ask him what he is willing to do to make the server grow (get him more monies!!1~), maybe then will something get done

This post is useless. Read the topic, see what we discuss about here.

@Korr: As Lewis said, PK server is NOT oriented only on PK, so it should rather be named PvP. In other games (yeah), which I haven't played that many, a PvP server is a mirror of a PvE server, with an option to attack other players anywhere anytime, NOT with an oath to attack everyone all the time.

#45 bigkav

bigkav

Skeleton

• Members
  • 1169 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:52 PM

lol pk server has always been populated with whinging whining mixers that DONT PK THE F*&K AT ALL.
for one, the pk server has and always will be half assed.
1. it doesn't get enough funding therefore it doesn't get attention.
2. ITS A PK SERVER ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HONORABLE UR SUPPOSED TO KILL PEOPLE.
3. you keep getting oa exp from a/d even when you've capped a/d.
4. THEY HAVE COMMUNITY RULES ON A PK SERVER LOL.
5. the pk server died before it could ever bloom, it was filled with people who've had little to no combat skill in a hope that they could actually make a name for themselves.

ps. this post wasn't intended as a flame although it might be interpreted as such, it is intended as a realization.

#46 hussam

hussam

Skeleton

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

From the point of view of someone who hasn't tried PK server, why would I want to move to a new server and start all over from scratch on my skills?

#47 ProHibited

ProHibited

Leprechaun

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

Uhh bigkav...

Srry you fail at realization. Its just an opinion.

#48 LewisCarroll

LewisCarroll

White Rabbit

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

From the point of view of someone who hasn't tried PK server, why would I want to move to a new server and start all over from scratch on my skills?

Consider this

The setting:

- No cooldown
- a/d capped at 100 (still get oa exp after this)
- legal multi
- 90 % pk-areas (not within city-walls…)
- No harvesting mini events
- no exp from PvP
- NPCs Horea and Crisam excluded
- rosto, vial mold, arrow head mold, albemic 1$ - 20 Inv.meter 10 $
- one bot per guild

(Did I forget something?)

Arguments for playing on the server mainly derive from the points mentioned above.
The community is special I guess – Some say in a good way, some say in a bad way.

Fact is:

- There is a very limited playerbase by now (between 1 and 24 chars on simultaneously – that’s what I have seen. But that means less players since estimated average number of chars used is 2)
- You can level very fast compared to main -> no cooldown, free training spots
- There is not very much pking going on by now. This can a plus for new players. On the other hand many people think there’s too little pking going on and leave.

So I would say:

If you want a server to fight and kill as much other players as possible this is probably the wrong server for you (you might try to level up and pk and do anything you want though).
(see the arguments in this thread)

If you think the setting is better than on main (e.g. because people are free to decide when to pk, which btw. might result in a state of not attacking everyone in sight :P ), then come over and support the server by playing it.

Edited by LewisCarroll, 12 January 2010 - 06:55 PM.

#49 handyman

handyman

Spider

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:23 PM

5. the pk server died before it could ever bloom, it was filled with people who've had little to no combat skill in a hope that they could actually make a name for themselves.

bigkav Is that why you came here didn't make that name and left

In the beginning some of the best PKers from EL were here I am talking about ones that already made names for themselves even Radu played the game
Every one was shouting old school pk but like i have already said most missed their high end weapons and armors and didn't want to spend ages training new chars.

I would have probably quit and gone back to main if i had not sold my old mains char

As for community rules i think the only rule we tried to honor was not to pk during organized invasions as the invasions were a high light of the server. And this was only enforced the normally way if you don't like something someone has done then you don't have to trade with them.

I think you really need to have played this server regularly to know what its like or have any idea about these things.

Consider this

The setting:

- No cool-down
- a/d capped at 100 (still get oa exp after this)
- legal multi
- 90 % pk-areas (not within city-walls…)
- No harvesting mini events
- no exp from PvP
- NPCs Horea and Crisam excluded
- rosto, vial mold, arrow head mold, albemic 1$ - 20 Inv.meter 10 $
- one bot per guild

(Did I forget something?)

See this is what makes this server great

Going back to tweaks or some other ideas

No cool down just on food (This would bring pk back to this server and also keep the mixers happy)
Free server or at least 1st char Free ( Idea's a quest on main to win a new char for here,)
A/D advancement some have suggested a faster leveling would bring more people here so maybe some lengthy quest to get you to 30 a/d and 60 a/d just a thought) with 60 a/d and cool-down on pots and rings 2-3 players could attack 100 a/d player.
Daily chance this could be used for here and main server most of the games i have played gave you a daily chance of winning something. This keeps people interested like a roulette wheel. Use your amulet spin the wheel and see what you win. 5k sulfur, 10k gc, tit serp e.t.c.

Its no good using this thread to moan and complain about those that have stayed with this server just because some of you left.
And from what i understand its not just this server that has problems numbers have dwindled on the main server as well

So back to my suggestion

(1) Cool down back on everything but not on food or as bkc said reduced to 1 second on food (for easier programing)
(2) Make this server Free
(3) And promote both servers side by side. That way our player base wont need to come just from the main server

You will see a difference and so will Ent's bank account

Handy

#50 bigkav

bigkav

Skeleton

• Members
  • 1169 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:07 AM

bigkav Is that why you came here didn't make that name and left

In the beginning some of the best PKers from EL were here I am talking about ones that already made names for themselves even Radu played the game
Every one was shouting old school pk but like i have already said most missed their high end weapons and armors and didn't want to spend ages training new chars.

I would have probably quit and gone back to main if i had not sold my old mains char

As for community rules i think the only rule we tried to honor was not to pk during organized invasions as the invasions were a high light of the server. And this was only enforced the normally way if you don't like something someone has done then you don't have to trade with them.

I think you really need to have played this server regularly to know what its like or have any idea about these things.

@Handy. LOL. I tried out the PK server for one thing. to PK. Not to be dictated by community rules or other shit. I played the server regularly when I tried it out, I PKed many drops with woodeh / santaclaus etc when I could actually find someone and always would have people in ch1 or w/e bitching and moaning. You can't possibly promote a PK server when there is NO PK! why do you think half the people left, use your brain for once ffs.
oh, and best to take your own advice cause you got no idea whatsoever.

@Prohibited. dude, when I played you were always sucking up, all you wanted was protection and you're a horrible PKer at that. Best stay on that server of yours, we all know how you never made it on main. (try using your real EL name once in a while eh?)

Edited by bigkav, 13 January 2010 - 03:10 AM.

#51 bkc56

bkc56

Black Panther

• Members
  • 2254 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Lego, Video/Computer games

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:25 AM

You can't possibly promote a PK server when there is NO PK! why do you think half the people left...

Actually, there was a lot of PKing going on the first few weeks of the server. The reason many people left in those early days is because:

1. It was to much work to start over from zero on a new character, so many went back to their already leveled char on main.
2. Some thought they could own the server in a week, and discovered that others thought that too and it would take real work over months to attain a position of power. Basically, to much work, so they went back to their already leveled char on main.
3. And a few missed their high-end toys which weren't going to be available for a long time (as people leveled manu) and went back to their already equipped char on main.

As to whining, there's been more than enough to go around. People like me whine about trying to keep the server fun for everyone (not just the top PKers). People like you whine because you have a narrow view of what PK means and the server wasn't fitting it. Weak people whine because they always got killed while harvesting. Strong people whine because they couldn't find anyone to PK, or there were no decent drops. Other people whine because there aren't enough people on the server. And the rest whine just because they like whining.

Perhaps we should rename it to the whine-server.

Bottom line is that I have more respect for those who have stuck with the server (or took a break and returned) than those that quit and now just whine about it.

Thus endeth my whine du-jour.

#52 bigkav

bigkav

Skeleton

• Members
  • 1169 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:17 AM

no, naming it the "PK" server currently is false advertising.. a much better fitting name: no cooldown mixing server.

tell me bkc, what does the words Player Killing (PK) mean to you? and then tell me, what the server is currently doing?

#53 handyman

handyman

Spider

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:26 AM

Bigkav do you have any other orifice other than your ass to talk out of

I PKed many drops with woodeh / santaclaus etc

That says it all using someone elses char

So you don't know sod all about leveling your own char on this server and instead your posts don't help this server you just come over here and run your mouth off because most players on main wont even give you the time of day

There was a time a so called alliance took control of this server which didn't really help the PK side of things but most got board and moved onto other games.

So now the players that are left and the new ones that have joined are looking for ways to bring pk back to this server and to keep a steady flow of new players coming in.

So most of what you post is about people that did play this server that don't play anymore

Sorry Bigkav (that name says it all to) It not about you or about the fact someone is given you some attention. It about ways to help this server
so if you do want to post again try to find another orifice and make it a positive post thanks

Handy

#54 handyman

handyman

Spider

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:55 AM

Now that is out of the way back to the server

I am personally reading all your posts and can understand your points

Korrode: I know you no about the concept of PK and its strategy's and you do have a point
A game where you don't have to put much work into to get to a level where you can spend all day pking would be great and would attracted many players. But would that be Eternal lands.

The EL pk server was dreamed up buy all those that loved to pk in eternal lands that thought they missed the old ways.

Mixers love it over here because of no cool-downs on food . all i am asking for it to put cool-down back on pots and rings to give pk a chance and to open our doors. That way we can still be Eternal lands and have best of both worlds, and why not if it would help the server? What has this server got to loose?

Don't move but try it out and still play the main server see for yourself a lot of players have played both server at the same time.

Eternal lands & Eternal lands pk

Eternal lands is a safe server with a small percentage of pk area's. The game has strict rules and is moderated with the availability to buy a lot of stuff from the on line shop

Eternal lands Pk Is a more care free server 90% of the areas are pk. The game has no real moderating and because of this most things go on this server because it a pking server mixing and char building is easier you don't have access to all the shop bought items and multi play is allowed.

Handy

Edited by handyman, 13 January 2010 - 06:59 AM.

#55 bigkav

bigkav

Skeleton

• Members
  • 1169 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:14 AM

So you don't know sod all about leveling your own char on this server and instead your posts don't help this server you just come over here and run your mouth off because most players on main wont even give you the time of day

There was a time a so called alliance took control of this server which didn't really help the PK side of things but most got board and moved onto other games.

So now the players that are left and the new ones that have joined are looking for ways to bring pk back to this server and to keep a steady flow of new players coming in.

So most of what you post is about people that did play this server that don't play anymore

Sorry Bigkav (that name says it all to) It not about you or about the fact someone is given you some attention. It about ways to help this server
so if you do want to post again try to find another orifice and make it a positive post thanks

Handy

Lol, don't even try telling me about leveling. I've leveled more chars past 90s-100s then you've owned. That was on MAIN server btw, where leveling is HARDER. As for main server, I rarely ever log in.. just to PK / chat / help friends.
and that so called alliance, REMOVED PK from the so called "PK server".. you focused to kill 1-2 players(out of that outstandingly high population), the rest were ALLIED LOL. You obviously don't know jack shit about what chars I've had on either server.

It's time to face the facts, the "PK" server isn't going to get any kind of influx of players because let's face it, theres no PK, community rules (LOL), and a server that's barely surviving which gives little to no income..
No Income = No Priority = "PK" Server.

You won't get a steady flow of players, you won't be able to get the server help putting money into ent's back pocket.

As negative as it seems, it's EL. Someone with your playtime should know better by now.

(Disclaimer: Again not intended as a flame as it may be perceived as such, but more of a realization)

#56 handyman

handyman

Spider

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:21 AM

Handy

Lol, don't even try telling me about leveling. I've leveled more chars past 90s-100s then you've owned. That was on MAIN server btw, where leveling is HARDER. As for main server, I rarely ever log in.. just to PK / chat / help friends.
and that so called alliance, REMOVED PK from the so called "PK server".. you focused to kill 1-2 players(out of that outstandingly high population), the rest were ALLIED LOL. You obviously don't know jack shit about what chars I've had on either server.

It's time to face the facts, the "PK" server isn't going to get any kind of influx of players because let's face it, theres no PK, community rules (LOL), and a server that's barely surviving which gives little to no income..
No Income = No Priority = "PK" Server.

You won't get a steady flow of players, you won't be able to get the server help putting money into ent's back pocket.

As negative as it seems, it's EL. Someone with your playtime should know better by now.

(Disclaimer: Again not intended as a flame as it may be perceived as such, but more of a realization)

Did you even read my post because if this is a response to it it does not make sence unless you are saying you agree with me on some of its points and by the way no one cares what chars you have had or leveled. Like i said this is not about you its about the pk server TuT. I never even heard of you before you started posting on this forum i guess you must be a new boy over there not many of the originals left its been nearly 4 years since i played the main server

Now enough flame and back to the topic pls

Handy

Edited by handyman, 13 January 2010 - 07:25 AM.

#57 LewisCarroll

LewisCarroll

White Rabbit

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:28 AM

Please help me out here:

There are pk-areas on main, where you can pk within main-setting. (cooldown, free accounts, fast "buy-a-strong-char"-leveling and yes, also many players).

Why have an extra server for this? (especially when you have to delete the alternative setting given on the pkserver)
Why make the server just something like a separated main-pk-area?

+
Why don't all people that quit come back at once? That would mean enough players (and pking since many of those are obviously people wanting to pk badly) AND since there would be a majority of those people, I'm sure the setting could be adjusted democratically (we had things like this before).

So: Fix a week or day and come back :P

#58 bkc56

bkc56

Black Panther

• Members
  • 2254 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Lego, Video/Computer games

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:41 AM

tell me bkc, what does the words Player Killing (PK) mean to you? and then tell me, what the server is currently doing?

That's a hard one because I don't PK. I don't have the skills or focus or coordination for it. I have no decent PK experience. Anytime I'm attacked I usually panic, hit the wrong keys, and die.

What I can say about PK is that I'm impressed by an individual (or group) who is skilled at using the various tools available (magic, weapons, pots, summoning, etc) to fight a battle against an equal or harder opponent and win. This can be in open combat or as an arranged battle or contest.

On the other hand, I have no respect for a self-proclaimed PKer who's primary battles involve killing afk harvesters in caves. I guess I prefer honorable battles (even if they target me) than gutless cowards sneaking around and attacking while I read my e-mail. :P

As to PK on the PK server, there's very little right now. It seems like the honorable PKers found little challenge with the low population and the server characteristics (like cooldown), and the cowards got bored and left (no challenge in killing afk harvesters). And anyone else was to lazy to level their characters to a point of taking on the strong players on the server (and there are several).

I wish there was more PK activity on the server. Being a member of a supplier guild (my grand experiment that I was completely open about on day 1), things are kind of slow with no one buying supplies. Of course that does give me time to work on tailoring.

Edit (because there were a number of posts while I was watching tv)...

...because let's face it, theres no PK, community rules (LOL)..

This comment makes me thing you may not have actually read the community rules. The only PK situation addressed by those rules is to not PK during invasions (so everyone can participate and have fun). Say what you will, but a couple hours every week or two of not PKing newbs did not kill the server. :D

Edited by bkc56, 13 January 2010 - 07:49 AM.

#59 handyman

handyman

Spider

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:43 AM

Please help me out here:

There are pk-areas on main, where you can pk within main-setting. (cooldown, free accounts, fast "buy-a-strong-char"-leveling and yes, also many players).

Why have an extra server for this? (especially when you have to delete the alternative setting given on the pkserver)
Why make the server just something like a separated main-pk-area?

+
Why don't all people that quit come back at once? That would mean enough players (and pking since many of those are obviously people wanting to pk badly) AND since there would be a majority of those people, I'm sure the setting could be adjusted democratically (we had things like this before).

So: Fix a week or day and come back :P

This is a point, to play on the pk server you need to adjust the link to get on to it.
Ok we have our own forum but when you down/load the game cant a box be made where you can click Eternal lands or Eternal lands Pk.
And why do we call the other server the mains server why are they not promoted equaly. That way new players coming to eternal land could choose and we would not have to use the so called mains server for our new player base.

Some free games have over 50 servers out there opening the access (makin it free) and promoting two has to be better than just the one

Handy

#60 Starlite

Starlite

Leprechaun

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:48 AM

I would actually like to have a char on the PK server as well as on the main, I like the idea also of being able to multi play chars. Unfortunaltely my RL husband would never allow me to spend $$ on "a game" and its just not worth having a domestic over it lol. So if and when it ever becomes free you will see me there :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users