Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 1.9.1 RC2 Windows installer and Linux data

Same as piper..nothing happens for me either with the drop all button.

That button is protected from miss-click by requiring a double click, I presume you are both using a double click? It's been this way since the 1.9.0 release. New to the 1.9.1 release is the right-click option to keep the first and/or last rows. If you only have items in one of the protected rows, nothing with happen either, even with a double click.

That button is protected from miss-click by requiring a double click, I presume you are both using a double click?

At least i didnt use a double-click.

And, to be honest, i don't like the idea to make the interface more confusing.

All buttons should work the same way IMHO, since they look all the same.

Maybe a popup window "Do you really want to drop all stuff? [YES][NO]", where you can confirm the [YES] option by hitting RETURN is possible?

Piper

That button is protected from miss-click by requiring a double click, I presume you are both using a double click?

At least i didnt use a double-click.

And, to be honest, i don't like the idea to make the interface more confusing.

All buttons should work the same way IMHO, since they look all the same.

Maybe a popup window "Do you really want to drop all stuff? [YES][NO]", where you can confirm the [YES] option by hitting RETURN is possible?

Piper

...I much prefer the current double click setup.

It's been working fine with no one complaining for some time now.

...I much prefer the current double click setup.

It's been working fine with no one complaining for some time now.

Well, it worked fine for me too, since i used it today for the first time :P

My point is just GUI design: Things which look similar should work the same way.

Now it might stir up questions of other players who just expect this button to work like all other buttons do too.

Thats my concern, nothing more.

Piper

Yes, it works now :) I have 880 instead 65535 for training arrows.

edit: after server hiccup I noticed some errors in my storage:

elscreen075.th.png

after another #item_uid command everything went back to normal.

I had this immediately after a trade, restart of client fixed it.

This is concerning. The new client should be automatically detecting the state and handle stuff properly. I've been using the client with item_uid enabled for months without a hitch. krlc, what do you mean by "server hiccup". Both, when you had the problems, did you change the item_uid after starting the client or was it already set?

There were some problems yesterday with a switch in the data center doing something weird (we don't know exactly what). It is possible but unlikely that it might have corrupted some data to the client before dropping all the connections.

This is concerning. The new client should be automatically detecting the state and handle stuff properly. I've been using the client with item_uid enabled for months without a hitch. krlc, what do you mean by "server hiccup". Both, when you had the problems, did you change the item_uid after starting the client or was it already set?

server hiccup - some server problems during the invasion which was canceled.

I tried restarting client but it didn't help, even when I clicked on something in my sto client crashed.

Now I have item_uid back and everything is fine.

Yes, it works now :) I have 880 instead 65535 for training arrows.

edit: after server hiccup I noticed some errors in my storage:

elscreen075.th.png

after another #item_uid command everything went back to normal.

I had this immediately after a trade, restart of client fixed it.

I typed the item_uid whilst logged in - and thought no more about it. All seemed fine and no notice of anything strange. I walked to store for a trade, opened store everything was fine - after the trade - went to find tele ess and the storage looked like that. I am not 100% sure but I think the client crashed between the typing of item_uid and the problem. The server hiccup certainly did not happen between the trade when everything was fine and the problem being notice.

It has happened again. Last night - all was fine - when I left - simply closed the screen on my laptop (hibernate). This morning lifted the screen connected to el opened storage and the store was screwed up again.

The 1st, 6th, 11th etc item in each section appears fine in item and qty.

Bread appears in every section (where I have items) in 4, 9, 14, 29 etc (ie every 5th slot)

All other items appear random - and not necessarily items that I have - ie royal cape.

The quantities are huge +ve or -ve numbers....

typing #item_uid gave

Send Item UIDs 0

and store was back to normal

Comparing store after and before the issue... In animal section...

The items that appeared correct were in slots 1 6 11 16 21, afterwards they are in slots 1 5 9 13 17

Same items just every 4th not 5th item. (hope you understand)

Edited by Raz

It has happened again. Last night - all was fine - when I left - simply closed the screen on my laptop (hibernate). This morning lifted the screen connected to el opened storage and the store was screwed up again.

Which OS are you using? I presume all these issues have been while using the 1.9.1 RC client?

Which OS are you using? I presume all these issues have been while using the 1.9.1 RC client?

Win 7 ultimate 64 bit - and its the RC2 - el.exe @ 19/12/2010 18:19

There is a map bug in Tarsengaard,

You are in Tarsengaard [148,238]

There your character goes below groundlevel.

A problem with the new data files maybe?

Piper

just wanted to harvest nightshade over wall in NC, but flowers are gone...

then i walked around wall, the flowers are at new spot, ok..

but you have to be on old spot to harvest them, if you are close to flowers you get :

to far away msg...

just tested, i can harvest still over the wall, but flowers are real far away...

elscreen067.png

the flowers are at the tree you see upper left side