• Pollish
    • France one :P
    • Italian
    • Portugues
    • Japanese
    • German
    • Other

personally, i'd like "American" to be up there, i'm not British

You don't speak American, you speak English.

wow. that's like saying to a chinese person (the two main chinese dialects are mandarin and kantonese, there is a noticeable difference, to chinese people) "you dont speak mandarin, you speak chinese" <_<

i speak american, not british. got that?

No, your wrong. Your American, and you stole the English language.

Listen to me, YOU speak English (US), NOT American.

Got it?

if my pride of being american and not british offends you, then ignore my post, its a simple task really, just dont respond to it. i dont say "good day" or "spot of tea" or "chap", i say "hey", "soda", and "dude". all i asked was to recognize the difference between british english and american english, dont see how that affects you at all

and @ aislinn: actually, i can, and i do, i wouldnt tell you that you shouldnt have pride about being whatever nationality you are, so dont do it to me <_<

i dont know the british ppl u talk to but i havent met any british ppl that speak like that.

!!!London rulez!!! Norwich suckz :)

Edited by Unknown

i dont say "good day" or "spot of tea" or "chap", i say "hey", "soda", and "dude".

WTF? Neither do the English. Your just adhering to common stereotypes :)

A very large percentage of English people, speak like this:

All mate, how's it going.

Fancy a pint?

What you up to?

Perhaps you should stick to what you know, not to what you think you should. :)

i dont say "good day" or "spot of tea" or "chap", i say "hey", "soda", and "dude".

WTF? Neither do the English. Your just adhering to common stereotypes :P

A very large percentage of English people, speak like this:

All mate, how's it going.

Fancy a pint?

What you up to?

Perhaps you should stick to what you know, not to what you think you should. :D

see? you refer to them as the english, i am an american, get it? :rolleyes:

a very large pecentage of english people speak like that, ok, and a very large population of americans dont

you still never had a reason to tell me i was wrong to ask for american to be up there, pointless and useless <_<

you still never had a reason to tell me i was wrong to ask for american to be up there, pointless and useless <_<

American is NOT a language.

like my first example, mandarin and kantonese are two different dialects of chinese, they are both chinese, but they are very much seperate

know what? i'll rephrase, can you add american english and note that british english is different <_< :rolleyes:

like my first example, mandarin and kantonese are two different dialects of chinese, they are both chinese, but they are very much seperate

And they are still both called Chinese.

and they are still distinct from one another and deserve to have the difference between them noted :rolleyes:

aislinn, placid, we can continue this in pms on forum or in-game, we're derailing this thread

a very large pecentage of english people speak like that, ok, and a very large population of americans dont

I have the "POINT" for destroy your oppinion:

You, as most US's people think that the unique country that exists is United States, u r too close of mind.

Besides u say that u speak AMERICAN---> AMERICA is a continent, NOT A COUNTRY. If u really do speak "american" u should speak: English, Spanish, portuguesse, french and all the natives languages of the CONTINENT.

Accept it, u were wrong!!! And I am right!!!

Cya.

Edited by dipi

let's see what the CIA World Fact Book says:

Languages: English, Spanish (spoken by a sizable minority)

The world fact book is an official government souce and should be considered a definetive reference. if the government officially calls the language english then it is english.

Guest TheDuke

ok...americans and english people speak compleatly different. much like southerners and westerners speak differently from easterners (this is in the us not everywhere) they speak differently but they speak the same language. english people speak differently then americans but they speak the same language

Spanish is spoken in many countries, and there are severe differences between the dialects in Spane or Chile for instance. Now let's add Argentina Spanish, Bolivia Spanish, Chile Spanish, Colombia Spanish, Cuba Spanish, ... got the point? This poll is not dedicated to language science, but rather to what languages (not language dialects) are spoken here. (US-)American and British can well communicate to each other, so I don't think that an extra option for both English dialects is necessary. Compare German spoken in Switzerland, Austria and Germany, no one of these really understands the other but no one is going to beg for a Swiss German option ;) Calm down, vote for English and enjoy your day :D

Edited by Lachesis

although Finland has 2 official languages (finnish and swedish) i prefer very much Finnish :)

....so i voted fot "other" :P

I want to have "haags" added, it's a dutch dialect.. and for people of other dutch regions, "drents", "limburgs" and "brabants" should be added...

Now really, saying you speak American is just plain silly

France one is called French.

Search engines don't seem to be your friends, dipi...

English here. The British spellings, but please note that the commonly spoken version of the language is pretty much the same thing wherever you find English speakers (whether first, second, third or (very clever) fourth or more language.)

English, but I speak Irish on holidays to my family so nobody in that country knows what i'm saying :P