Eternal Lands Official Forums
roman_gruber

Change icons for degraded items

I suggest that we change the background from degraded items from white to orange or red.

Or big diagonal line, or a cross over the item symbol. Something very clearly visible.

So it is clearly visible when something is degraded on the items / trade window.

--

I have no idea if this was already suggested.

I do like the idea. Some icons do need an updating or change. If you don't trust who you are trading with, best practice is to look at every item.

agreed, i accidentally traded someone a used tit.......(leave it).........and it got kicked back as it was for a quest, which i changed

i know there are some icon changes planned but not sure if degraded weapons are among them

New images will indeed need to wait until the next official client update (like new maps), as it needs server support (simplifying, there must be agreement between server and client about which image to use for a given item).

But if degraded/damaged items are to be marked with a different background, or border, or something like that, it could possibly be done client-side only. Such changes can become available much faster.

As for the exact change to mark degraded items, the current images have an opaque black background. So changing the backgriound would be tricky. But a red boder, or small overlay icon should be possible. Not nice to implement, as there are at least 4 ways to designate a degraded item (damaged, used, pre-owned, second hand), and their item codes aren't nicely grouped either.

one useful thing, i have each chars break quest items in items list, when the greaves degraded i could still pull them out without having to remake the list with the degraded ones

silver linings and all that :)

I've seen a bug where degraded ice dragon cuisses will appear as a female goblin or orc token in the trade window. Sounds like some icons need some fine tuning anyways, and perhaps that isn't the only item it happens with.

In general there is a memory bug which multiple icons are wrong but it is solved by restarting client.