Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sir_Exeus

The true recomended skills

When I had old char Pyscho I did an arse load of alchemy even though I didn't like it. I find that you should do HE because of the rate at which it sells maxes out the fact of the money you might spend on food (fps for me) maybe bones for u :blink: but any how. Once you hit 40's - 50s the steel bars come into play cuz u level like a fool and sell em like their crack in brooklyn (prob not to funny) but any way HE is aggravating as i'm doing it now with a level 27 alcher >.> it's annoying I KNOW but it's worth it in the long run. Any way later days ciao all that jazz

Once you hit 40's - 50s the steel bars come into play cuz u level like a fool and sell em like their crack in brooklyn (prob not to funny)

Not really in my opinion. Exp from steel bars per hour is quite similar like from HEs, but collecting ings gets more time. U also need a big emu to easy make them.

The best way is making HEs and Mag Ess. U always sell HEs and its really fast way to exp. Mag Ess give more exp per hour, but i have a problem to sell them ;).

Once you hit 40's - 50s the steel bars come into play cuz u level like a fool and sell em like their crack in brooklyn (prob not to funny)

Not really in my opinion. Exp from steel bars per hour is quite similar like from HEs, but collecting ings gets more time. U also need a big emu to easy make them.

The best way is making HEs and Mag Ess. U always sell HEs and its really fast way to exp. Mag Ess give more exp per hour, but i have a problem to sell them ;).

Steel bars are nice to make if you make in the iron mine, and steel bars give better gc/hour.

And you need less food, so cheaper to make.

Most of my xp comes from bars.

But u have a quite big emu :D. HEs can be make in silver mine and then u need less food too.

Well, to be not so OT, i can say, that i was happy about making steel bars on ~60 alch. And the worst r FEs, u've got almost always lost, even 1 for 1k, on every lvl ;P

It is correct that at the rec level you have a 50% chance at success. That doesn't however mean that you will crit fail 50% of the time. IIRC, every fail has a 1/3 chance of being a crit fail. With that said, personally, I'm comfortable mixing something when I am 30 levels over rec. That may just be my personal preferance, but it seems that I have much less fails once I hit 30 over.

Just asking a pr0 :devlish: for advice. would you say that for ALL skills or just alc (p.s. I'm intrested in manu, pots, alc)

All skills that have a fail chance (remember, that's not true for Magic), work the same way. And critical failure = 1/3 of normal failures is true for all those skills.

The 30 levels higher is not a bad idea. Probably over kill for low level items. And difficult for high level items though. If you follow a god, you can take blessings for difficult things. And skills pots (i.e. Potion of Alchemy) helps a bit too.

It's not only the level, the fail chance depend of.

Some items have a higher chance of critical failures no matter how high level you get.

When I make steel bars do I have critical failure on 1 out og 500 and they are level 24.

For iron bars are critical failures 1 out of 200 and they are level 22.

And iron bars have always given more criticals.

The same with essences, some of them give more criticals than other and it depend not of recommended level.

I think it's the same with manu, I have lost many tit shields, they seem to have higher critical failures than greaves/cuisses/plates even if lower level.

And I don't know if other did notice the same, when I train A/D do cuisses break more often than other armor/weapon.

It is correct that at the rec level you have a 50% chance at success. That doesn't however mean that you will crit fail 50% of the time. IIRC, every fail has a 1/3 chance of being a crit fail. With that said, personally, I'm comfortable mixing something when I am 30 levels over rec. That may just be my personal preferance, but it seems that I have much less fails once I hit 30 over.

Just asking a pr0 :) for advice. would you say that for ALL skills or just alc (p.s. I'm intrested in manu, pots, alc)

Personally, ( and this is just from my experience) I do recommend the 30 levels over for anything(any skill) you want to have a good success rate on. And by good, I mean very few fails. That's just where it 'seems' to have much less fails for me.