Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Peach

MoM

didn't make any search ... but if it was already suggested, plz delete this topic..

i was thinking that we got MoL ( Med of life ) , so why not have a MoM?

stats would be

+20 mana when equiped

5% chance to restor 10 mana points when hit :o

Would be a nice idea, but IMO would need to be more expensive than MoL, as it would have a greater use for PK'ers. :o

Disagreeing on implementing this. If you're a little bit lucky and you equip it for a few of the special effects after a restore on training, you may just eliminate your use of SRs.

Too much of a pain for the potioners, as with NMT it might not break too fast either.

Would be nice for PK tho, yea.

-Blee

5% is a too high chance. I'll think of this idea.

I like the idea but I agree 5% is too high, so either lower the chance or maybe lowering how much is recovered to 5...

another idea could be that there instead of it restoring mana on being hit, instead it would restore man on using a spell... this would greatly help magic training before mana drain... but the only problem with this is it wouldn't be as useful in pk :wub: so maybe not lmao

How about; when worn it reduces the mana cost of spells by 10%?

EDIT:

or, 2% chance that any spell you cast wont cost any mana.

hmmm, or maybe a 5% chance to restore some mana when your hit by an offensive spell (harm, mana drain, etc).

...just thorwing stuff out there.

Edited by Korrode

Since there's no way to "restore" mana like there is a restore for health, any increased mana cap it provides has very little value (you still have to fill it up with multiple SRs or whatever).

It would be much more useful it if cut mana usage on spells as the Conjurer Cloak cuts mana usage on summoning. And instead of a percent chance of getting some mana (like the Medallion of life as a 5% chance of healing), there could be a percentage chance that a spell cast would use no mana.

Something like the above would make it useful and worth having. Probably more so for training that fighting, but who knows.

It would be much more useful it if cut mana usage on spells as the Conjurer Cloak cuts mana usage on summoning. And instead of a percent chance of getting some mana (like the Medallion of life as a 5% chance of healing), there could be a percentage chance that a spell cast would use no mana.

Something like the above would make it useful and worth having. Probably more so for training that fighting, but who knows.

I like that idea, of making it 1/2 the mana cost.. This would have use with both fighting (PK) and training (Killing Monsters). I think it should still have the base cost more than a MOL, but thats just my opinion.

well i think i found the first post of the med of mana. I hope

I like the idea. I had same idea but i probably already knew that there was an idea.

Hope it gets implented

Hi there,

since this topic was originally discussed the MOM has been implemented, I was wanting to suggest a change to the current version of the MOM.

My reasons for this are we currently have;

Medallion of Mana- price approx 35k, provides 20 mana pts, +2 Arm, +2 Acc.

Crown of Mana- price approx 70k, provides 150 mana pts.

Mage Shirt- price approx 45k, provides 60 mana pts, 1-3 Arm, 2% Mana burn chance.

Mage Pants- price approx 50k, provides 60 mana pts, 2-3 Arm, +2 heat/cold protection, unbreakable effect.

The benefits gained from this item relative to the cost and the high crafting level required to make them don't seem to be in balance with other similar items in the game.

I would like to suggest either;

- the recipe is changed to require 1 EME instead of the current 2 EME bringing the price down to approx 21k.

OR

- the mana pts provided by this medallion to be increased to 50 pts.

Hello Cyrano,

i agree, the MoM IS expensive, but it adds up to the mana of other items - the MoM can be worn together with a CoM/CoL/etc.

whereas the CoM can only be worn when you give up on CoL or helms.

you should consider comparing the MoM with items you could wear INSTEAD of it, which are

- MoL (+30 HP +2 arm +2 acc)

- Moon Med (+4 arm +4 acc)

not really disagreeing with your suggestion but trying to put it into perspective :)

25%(or whatever MoL chance is) chance of giving 5 mana back when hit. (Yeah, just 5) This would justify the price nicely.

MoL chance is 5% to heal 25 hp, 5% to give 5 mana sounds decent.

Good idea, but with or without orange spam ?

Could have 1% chance and +25 mana instead, if orange spam is wanted.

Just got a request by someone for this item to be readdressed. A mana boost when equipped and fighting something would be nice. Like a MOL gives you a little bit of life, a MOM should give you a little bit of mana.

Bumpedy bump bump :D

Edited by Aquila