Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TeeeMo

Big contest.

30th of July- today we start at 10pm.
Will be doing hide'n'seek to give away all the remaining prizes.

Rules for hide'n'seek; -1 Player can win max 5 prizes.

-No alts allowed ( newly created alts)

-Players who are not allowed to participate ( win the prize )- evila/leagara/sight/teotwawki.

( Contest moved onto 29-30th of July, due to my health condition. Thank you very much for understanding )

Hi everyone. I decided to make the long story short, if you want to check the previous long version of the post, read down below.
So, I am doing a contest ( hide'n'seek + quiz about EL and not about EL as well + main prize = both combined + PK action )

Date: 15th of July. Time: 10:00 pm (GMT+2:00)! Main prize is 500kgc.

1) First we will start with Hide'n'seek, whoever finds me first gets a prize.

2) Then we will all meet in 1 spot ( White Stone's meeting hall [20,664] ) and I will be doing a quiz and whoever answers first will win a prize again.

The prizes will be sorted from the "cheapest" to the most "expensive" ones. And also the difficulty of "hiding place" and of the "question" will be growing with the value of the prize.

Once I will give away all the prizes we will move to the MAIN PRIZE thing. I will hide and those 3 first players who will find me, will be in a grand finale, I will ask them a question and who will answer first will FIGHT me in a Kilaran Field ( Then I will ask the 2 remaining a question again to set up the order if the first winner will fail to kill me ), they can use whatever to kill me and I can't flee from the combat. If he kills me, he wins 500kgc. Each player has only 1 chance to kill me. :medieval:

Still accepting donations to StouXy, thank you :) Everything's appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello ladies and gentlemen

I would like to host some nice contest hopefully. ( Going for a vacation and wanna make some people happy :) )

Date: 15th of July. Time: 10:00 pm (GMT+2:00)!

The contest will consist from Hide'n'seek. Some questioning- will be EL related + non EL related ( will be using google for non EL related questions ). And the main price will be PK related. Keep reading->
If you want to donate some stuff, feel free to PM me to StouXy in game.
Prizes will be announced before each turn and the donors will be announced as well, so we know who donated the particular item.
There will be several prizes, depending on how many people will donate.

First of all: we will be doing Hide'n'seek. I will hide somewhere, will anounce what is the prize and will give at least 3 hints. Whoever will find me first, will get the prize.

Second of all: we'll be doing questioning section. We all will meet in some certain place and I will be asking you some questions and whoever will answer correctly first, will win the prize.

Third of all: check below--->

The main prize : ( 500kgc- donated by me ) will be given to player, who will:
1. Finds me first ( first 3 people to find me will be involved )
2. Who will answer correcttly first ( from these 3 players )
3. Who will kill me in KF ( I will be using StouXy char. You can use whatever you want in PK and I am not allowed to flee. So it will be fight till either of us dies ).
I will ask mods to spectate this whole thing and make sure neither of us is cheating and everything goes smoothly.

If you won't kill me, I will do the same process again ( first 3 players to find me/answer question/kill me- EVERY PERSON HAS ONLY 1 ATTEMPT TO KILL ME).
I want to make it an interesting contest, that;s why it can be a bit longer, right? :medieval:

If you are interested in doing this contest- comment below. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to tell them.

Hopefully this will work and we will have some nice fun! Looking forward to it.

Each person can win more than once! Just be lucky and quick enough :)

(Important note: people with scamming/bjing...status will not be rewarded so don't even have to bother to waste their time. ( TeotWawki etc...) )

How the prizes will be drawn? ---> I will go from the "cheapest" prize to the "most expensive" prize. ( Will be using bot prices +- ). First idea was to sort them as they been donated, but this way is better I guess :)

Donators:

StouXy- 500 000 gold coins ( main prize ) + 1 scythe/1 halberd/ 50 000 gold coins for Hide'n'Seek and Q'n'A,

1.Shiidiman- 1 Enriched water essence.
2.Oflaz- 1 Enriched life and 1 Enriched death essence.
3.Alper- 2 Gatherer medallions.
4.Caduceus- 1 Grapes.
5.Multanex- 1 Body piercing/Conjurer/Artificer/Warlock's/Fast regeneration capes.
6.ManHunt- Monster magnetism removal stone/ 1 Harvester medallion and fur set.
7.Ranculous- 50x Steel two edge swords.
8.DeepDragon- 1 Enriched water essence.

9.BuXato- 5 Rings of power/ 5 Sun medallions/ 10 Dissengagement rings.
10.vinolus- 100 Dissengagement rings/ 20 Harvester medallions.
11.Bushido- 1 Orange/ 2 Bronze swords.
12.busterblader- 4 Haidir passes/ 1 Banana.

13.DerSachse- 1 Arctic chim summoning stone/ 20 Mule glyph/ 5 RC mine detonators.
14.Karolus- 100 a/d Indicators.
15.HikoboshiBSD- Enrichment stone.
16.Ridy- 100 Creature food/ 500 Spirit restoration potions/ 5 000 gold coins.
17.bud- 10 Potions of action points.

18.breg2- 20 000 Gold coins.
19.Evie- 2 Rostogol stones.
20.Faxie- 2 Rostogol stones.
21.Gogalthorp- 25 Tiger summoning stones/25 Bear summoning stones.

22.RuFfy- 2 Scythes.

23.panzerfaust- 1 Big book of crafting.

24.wuffzel- 1 Banana.

25.Cabman- 20 Haidir passes.

26.Takkoni- 1 Rostogol stone.

27.Lucky_Paladin- 1 Body piercing cape/ 1 Steel chainmail/ 3 Enriched energy essences.

28.Luton- Warlock's cloak.

29.surfy- 2 Alembic/ 2 Arrow/bolt head mold/ 1 000 Potions of spirit restoration.

30.surfy- 59x Steel two edge sword.

31.Ragnar- 1 Enriched fire,magic essences.
32.Ragnar- 1 Binding stone/ 1 Enrichment stone.

33.Lyndy/Aredhel- 250 000 gold coins. ( 2 prizes- 125 000 each ) ( 125k left for h'n's )

34.terminetor- 10 Ring of power/20 Steel shields/ 10 Potion of manufacturing/100 Spirit restoration potions/150 Creature food.
35.terminetor- 1 000 Diamonds.

36.terminetor- 30 Steel two edge swords.

37.THEARROW- 1 Body piercing cloak.
38.Calio- 50 Bear/Tiger summoning stones/ 1 Little dragon blue summoning stone.

39.NzWitch- Warlock's cloak/Red scarf/Red robe/Red robe skirt/Books: Invis/Acc/Eva/Poison antid/Serp of therm/Tit serp const/Tit short of fire.

40.NzWitch- Blue tricorn hat/Warlock's cloak/Red robe/Red robe skirt/Books:Thermal serp/Acc/Mag pot/Serp of fire/Bear summ/Serp of ice/Fire sword/Pot of summ.

41.NzWitch- FR cape/Blue tricorn hat/Black doublet/Black baggy pants/Books: Acc/Mag pot/Pot of manuf/Serp of fire/Broad sword of fire/Tit short of ice.

42.NzWitch- Powersaving cloak/Black tricorn hat/Black robe skirt/Black robe/Books:Iron axe const/Axe const/IP rings/Steel axe const/Pot of manuf/Long of thermal/Tit chain const/Short of magic.

43.NzWitch- PS cloak/Mirror cloak/Blue cavalier hat/Black robe skirt/Black robe/Black baggy pants/Books: Long of thermal/Tit chain const/Short of magic/Crafting potion.
44.BlakKat- 1 Rostogol stone/ 6029 Mullein.

45.Holar- 2 Bronze swords/ 1 Invasion token.

46.Dzirkator- 5 000 Life essences/ 1 Enriched life essence.

47.JofuranShigokai- 1 000 Potions of spirit restoration.

48.thearrow- 10 000 Red roses/25 Potions of harvesting.

49.TigerVision- 100 Vegetables/400 Fruits/200 Toadstools/100 FP's/600 Sulfur.

50.Dorisa- 1 Enrichment stone/ 1 Gatherer medallion/ 1 Enhanced sun medallion.

51.Nyst- 1 Vial mold/ 5000 Quartz/ 10 Wolframite ore.

52.BruSu- 2 Big books of crafting.

53.bud- 2 Invasion tokens.

54.Alper- 3 Harverster medallions/ 1 Serpent sword.

55.firedeath- 250 Raw meat/ 15 Pots of summon/25 FEs/50 LEs/50 SEs/1 Steel chain/1Leather boots/125 sulfur/125 red roses and snaps/50 cotton/1kgc/10 wine/10 bread/50 thread/1 book of steel axe const.

56.Starkie- Orc slayer.

57.FIREDEATH- 50 True sight pots/1 green robe/1 black buccaneer hat/ 1 skunk hat/ 10 polished emerald/1 book of tit smelting/ 500gc.

58. luzbell- 1 Cutlass/ 4kgc.

59.radu- 3 Palomino horse whistles/ 1 nexus transfer stone.

Edited by TeeeMo
Font size returned to normal per forum rule #7

Hi, Stouxy. I have a few questions about your contest, and a bit of advice.

I would like to host some nice contest hopefully. ( Going for a vacation and wanna make some people happy :) )

Great! Have you decided on a date for the contest? It would probably be a good idea for people to have some advance notice, so they can make plans to participate.

The main prize : ( 500kgc- donated by me ) will be given to player, who will:
1. Finds me first ( first 3 people to find me will be involved )
2. Who will answer correcttly first ( from these 3 players )
3. Who will kill me in KF ( I will be using StouXy char. You can use whatever you want in PK and I am not allowed to flee. So it will be fight till either of us dies ).

I want to make it an interesting contest, that;s why it can be a bit longer, right? :medieval:

So... In order to win the 500kgc, one person has to win all three sections, right? A faster alternative might be to rank people 1, 2 & 3 by the first two tasks. Then the three could try one at a time to kill you. It's up to you, of course, but some people might have to leave if it goes on too long. Also, if you don't know how many total tasks you're going to have, how will you decide how to allocate prizes?

Important note: people with scamming/bjing...status will not be rewarded so don't even have to bother to waste their time. ( TeotWawki etc...)

So, who else is the "etc." As I understand it, you're allowed to exclude anyone you want from your contest, you need to specify their names, in advance. It wouldn't really be fair for someone to compete and find out afterwards that they weren't eligible.

I will ask mods to spectate this whole thing and make sure neither of us is cheating and everything goes smoothly.

Just my 2 cents worth: If you want one or more mods to participate, 1) set a date; 2) ask nicely, well in advance; 3) spell out in advance exactly what you would like mod help with.

Good luck with your contest!

1)It will take part on 15th of July and the time will be set up soon enough :)
2)It sounds good, I will think about it for sure! About the prizes, I am still accepting donations and I will go one by one most likely. I mean I will go from the top of the list to the bottom of the list. And will hide/give questions so difficult, as the price is worth :)
3)Well, the only person on my list so far is TeotWawki and all of his alts. Still tempted with Koddy, due to his scamms/bjs in past, he behaves now kinda but still temped, so will see :)
4)I will definitelly do that :)

1)It will take part on 15th of July and the time will be set up soon enough :)

Perhaps a time one of days would be good (at least for the French, there's a long weekend coming up, with the national holiday on July 14th

2)It sounds good, I will think about it for sure! About the prizes, I am still accepting donations and I will go one by one most likely. I mean I will go from the top of the list to the bottom of the list. And will hide/give questions so difficult, as the price is worth :)

And what are you going to do with prizes that are not distributed?

3)Well, the only person on my list so far is TeotWawki and all of his alts. Still tempted with Koddy, due to his scamms/bjs in past, he behaves now kinda but still temped, so will see :)

(...)

Sorry, "XXX and his alts" won't work, the moderators are not allowed to tell which alts a player has. And the list will have to be published before the contest starts

(see the game rules for contests, rule 28, section "Official Contests Channel Rules (#jc 7)".

Yeah it will happen on 15th of July :)
What do you mean not distributed?
Yes, I will make the list of "not allowed" players 1-2 days before the event :)

"not distributed" = "no winners" (e.g. when there are not enough participants, or unable to answer the questions, or unable to find yout, or...)

I will ask a question and until all prizes are gone, I'll keep asking or doing the hide'n'seek :) And 1 person can win more prizes. I won't keep anything.

I will ask a question and until all prizes are gone, I'll keep asking or doing the hide'n'seek :) And 1 person can win more prizes. I won't keep anything.

Let me see if I got this straight:

The contest is held on a Wednesday starting at 22:00 Euro time

I see about 50 prizes in the list,

With every round at most 3 people are selected to participate in that round based on finding you first.

Of these three people only the first one to answer your question correctly will have a chance at killing you.

You then go to KF and this player can try to kill you, if (s)he is successful they get a prize. If not, no prize gets awarded.

You hide again and a new round starts.

Prizes are awarded in order of value

Assuming (a very optimistic) time per round of 10 minutes and 100% killrate, this comes to 500 minutes of contest, or in other words more than 8 hours. So for euros lasting till 6 AM on Thursday morning.

So one person, who has a pro char and a lot of knowledgeable buddies on skype or in #gm and a lot of speedhaxed people looking to find you, can win all prizes?

How are you going to hide without people seeing you doing it? Don't forget we have quite a population of TS-ed players these days.

Is this a correct interpretation of your contest?

Let me see if I got this straight:

The contest is held on a Wednesday starting at 22:00 Euro time

I see about 50 prizes in the list,

With every round at most 3 people are selected to participate in that round based on finding you first.

Of these three people only the first one to answer your question correctly will have a chance at killing you.

You then go to KF and this player can try to kill you, if (s)he is successful they get a prize. If not, no prize gets awarded.

You hide again and a new round starts.

Prizes are awarded in order of value

Assuming (a very optimistic) time per round of 10 minutes and 100% killrate, this comes to 500 minutes of contest, or in other words more than 8 hours. So for euros lasting till 6 AM on Thursday morning.

So one person, who has a pro char and a lot of knowledgeable buddies on skype or in #gm and a lot of speedhaxed people looking to find you, can win all prizes?

How are you going to hide without people seeing you doing it? Don't forget we have quite a population of TS-ed players these days.

Is this a correct interpretation of your contest?

No Maxine, only the MAIN prize will be with this system :)

All other prizes will be like :----> We will all meet in 1 spot for questioning and I will ask all the players the questions and whoever answers first will get a prize. With hide'n'seek it's gonna be the same. I will be doing some easy spots on c1 first and like last 5 prizes will be on c2 :)

And only that main prize of 500kgc will be like ...find me, answer question and kill me :)

So I am sure we can do this withing 2 hours :)

Thanks for the clarification. I still think 2 hours will be pretty short with such a huge list, but should be fun