Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Art programs! :)

Roja, add OpenCanvas to your list =3 The addy is http://www.portalgraphics.net/en/index.asp

As for a description:

It is a program that is not as powerful as photoshop, but designed specifically for digital artist's use. It's not very useful for photoediting. It's relatively simplistic but you can create many different effects from it, many that you can't get with Photoshop. It's particularly useful for soft-type shading (usually less cartoony and more realistic) and water-color looking artworks.

I *love* this program and I have both Photoshop and Corel Painter for comparison =D It's got two versions, both of them shareware.

I was directed to this site for their light version. So far I have found it relatively easy to get started and make basic items. As for more advanced stuff, I will let you know...

GameSpace

The light version has minor limitations relating to size and coplexity of the file, and has an inconspicuous watermark. A lot of the learning materials have a price tag, but there are some great basic tutorials for free.

I made my first basic object within 4 hours of downloading this, while Blender is taking a lot more time to learn.

Umm it said that blender couldnt start because it couldn't find python24.dll what do i do?

please answer in something i can understand-im only 12...

Maya is a prog I have on my pc, already mentioned but I'd like to note it's great for 3D modeling since it has a convenient tool for creating depressions in polygons, although it's a CPU hogging program as a warning.

Macromedia Flash is an excellent program for animation, although it's a 2D animation program, you can do a ton with it and branch off into 3D if you know how to. www.macromedia.com I've been using it for 4 years

btw, if I can make up some nice animations who should I send it to?

Maya is not free however, it does have a learning edition but that includes watermarking. Macromedia flash isn't free either :D Please mention that when posting here as this thread is mainly for FREE software :(

What animations do you want to make? Like a flash cartoon?

Maya is not free however, it does have a learning edition but that includes watermarking. Macromedia flash isn't free either :D Please mention that when posting here as this thread is mainly for FREE software :(

What animations do you want to make? Like a flash cartoon?

Flash animation, mostly tween-based but I can also do some frame-by-framework. I also know the ropes of 3D animation.

btw, how can I load/import the meshes from EL into Blender to see how you guys have them set up? Can't find a supported file format...

*nvrmind lol...just hit me that there might be a download for them on the home page

EDIT: I can help out with both 3d and 2d animation as well as some special effects, I'll make up some samples sometimes tonight

EDIT: I want to try something out....there's a program for The Sims called Simpose that allows you to edit and create animations in the same formats that EL uses....I don't know of the link atm but I'll get it if this works or not.

Edited by TheComet

Well if you want you can just do Flash cartoons and stuff like that for fun, players love that :D

I don't need anything with 3d animation as I take care of that myself, it's very specific and everything needs to be set up just right and done in Blender.

Well if you want you can just do Flash cartoons and stuff like that for fun, players love that :D

I don't need anything with 3d animation as I take care of that myself, it's very specific and everything needs to be set up just right and done in Blender.

lol kk, just remember that I'm out there if you ever need an extra hand with animation :(

I realize this topic is old, but I find it interesting ^^

I know of two fair 3D programs-

Anim8or- Free 3D animation program, has the most interactive, easy-to-learn interface I've yet to find... Blender confuses me tbh.. ^^' And the paid-for programs I've tried have fairly high, unnecessary learning curves.

Terranim8or- Free 3D terrain/particle program. It works alot like entropy's height map program, but uses shades to judge height instead of color.(Darker=lower;lighter=higher)

:)

I started playing around with Sketchup about 2 years ago. great for 3D modelling.