Eternal Lands Official Forums
Alphabet

Raising Attribute Cap to 60!

Raising Attribute Cap!  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to raise attribute cap to 60?

lol why everything just ends up with increasing attributes cap? lack of fantasy/imagination?..
we got nexuses.. maybe its time to add few more? (there even space for 6 more without resizing statistics window :P) tho u wouldn't be able to buy 'em by hydro bars at costel, can be obtained by pp spent only.. and limit total pps at like 300 (total spent = basic attributes + those extra nexuses)
cap 'em at lets say 10, so it's max 10% bonus of something
and there we go which bonuses we want.. :D
and ofc more perks would be more interesting than just cap increase :P

It is impossible for someone to max attributes right away if they were raised to 60. Somene would need 72 nexus removals and 3600 hydro bars. That would cost 126m itself. In order for someone to accomplish that, it would mean Radu & players will be happy. Why? Because the best gc/$ ratio from the shop is rostos & pass's.. I don't know about you guys.. though i don't mind seeing rostos and pass's alot cheaper than the price range atm :)

Belive me "stivy" has all the hydro bars he will need, and a lot of nexus removals aswell :P

I voted "yes"

Edited by Blue_dragon

I haven't voted as it's not sophisticated question. On one side I would agree on raising attribute cap to 60 so various builds might be created, on the other hand that would lead to overpowering some characters which have a lot of gcs. If the idea would be up to me I would raise the cap to 60, but total pps used to distribute between attributes would be 240 in total. Which would make ppl think about what they really want to do. Tank, hitter, mage and so on.

As said about restricted maximum pps used - that is said as agreeing on revi's idea. But I do not agree on that 288 max pps used as character would be still good at everything. It would restrict some things and it would make people consider where to put it, but experienced players would know exactly what to do. With 240 pps for attributes it would mean that they would consider every aspect of each attribute which would lead to character classes.

I voted "Yes", but agree that we need cap for max pp, and maybe NPC who will sell atr removals, in other way few day after introduce such chnages, atr removals price hit the sky (maybe i should buy some on market atm? ;p)

Also would be nice have chance for redist pp after increase atr cap (maybe one use per char stone, or smth like this)

The simpler solution is often best. Why not just change the effect of some cross attributes instead? A matter point can give 6 health points instead of the current 5. A might point can give 25 EMU instead of 20. 10 mana per ethereality instead of 8, etc...

This will "amplify" the effect of each different custom built char resulting in more variety builds. It will achieve the same result as increasing the attribute cap but without the hassle of moving pickpoints around.

Edited by hussam

For me, it's just changing a few numbers, I don't mind doing it. But it might affect the game balance a bit. Like people being able to hit much harder, and finish invasions, invances, etc. faster, at a lower risk.

New harder monsters could be added to compensate.

We already have so pr0 maxed char that are so bored they are selling and quitting. At least with higher attributes they would have something to work for. Buying a maxed out char was never how this game was meant to be played, no wonder you got bored and quit.

For me, it's just changing a few numbers, I don't mind doing it. But it might affect the game balance a bit. Like people being able to hit much harder, and finish invasions, invances, etc. faster, at a lower risk.

New harder monsters could be added to compensate.

I don't think it would be fair to negate the p/c boost with stronger monsters - the penalty of having high p/c is lower rationality for healing and less of a mana store.

Edit: On second thoughts, what should and would happen is that the invasion mods will experiment a bit in order to find the right balance of risk and fun, so I'm not too worried.

Edited by extrapolation

I voted no because I don't like seeing game mechanics skewed to suit character and pp buyers. If they are so bored, they should have leveled their own character the old fashioned way. The game was designed to be the actual journey.

I voted yes, because I hope to see more specialty builds. Capping total pp in attributes @ 288 (or whatever) could be a good idea too, again, because it would make specailty builds more likely and useful.

For anyone who wonders, one of my alts is Farnsworth, and he's a good tank in the 80100 range, with several (I'm not sure how many) bought pp, and loads of - and + perks. I can attest to the cost in buying pp, and while someone could conceivably do it immediately, I highly doubt it.

For an alternative to instantly raising everyones caps, and in the spirit of roleplaying, why not do a massive quest the raises ONE attribute's cap by 4? No instant superbuilds that way. I've been seeing some talk on @@6 for a noah's arc quest, that might be a good one. Imagine having to kill 2x of each animal (including instance/invasion imho) to raise a single attribute cap by 4 (or 2, or 1 even). And then having to do it over and over and over again.

If nothing else it might help invasion turnouts.

Just my $0.02

I voted yes. But I think it should be with caviats especially on how you get these extra PP. Personally I think it should be done through the wraith. You go see him at 179 and get your last PP and he pushes you back to 178 OA xp. You then have to get another 98mill (?) to get another PP and he pushes you back again to 178. This can happen 12 times, this means with the cap limit at 60, you could have an extra 12pp andONE of your atribs could be 60, or alternatively you could choose to put 6 into 2 attribs and so on and so on.

The only drawback I can see to this (and it might be prohibitive to some) would be the nexus removal/hydro buying way of getting PP, this would mean it is possible (eventually and after much GC spending) to have all your attribs at 60, unless, the wraith only allowed you to choose 1 or 2 particular attribs.

Thats all, feel free to rip apart the idea to your hearts content, I dont mind

Oh sorry, to clarify after re-reading my above post, I was thinking that you can choose which 2 att you want to be able to increase in the future when you get to 179, so a fighter/harver might go P/C, a mage might go will/reason etc and someone might even go inst/vit (would this be good for a tank?)

Oh bugger, every time I read read it I see something else............one other thing, you can only increase an attr that is already at 48 this way, not one that isnt, otherwise it doesnt work

Maybe this isnt such a good idea after all :(

I voted no, mostly because of this. If instances/invances/invasions are lower risk for high level or rich players, then they need to be made harder so there's still a chance of rostos being lost. I work hard to level up and buy attribs, so i can mix whatever i want, and still be able to fight. But making things harder for uber fighters means I have less of a chance of surviving.

Hey all! :hiya:

Well, this is certainly a popular subject both here and in channels so I thought I would try to summarise what I've heard / been told and try to offer an opinion (or six) on it all. This may well end up as a fairly long post, but I'll try my best to keep it brief. No promises though...

Firstly, I did vote yes. I will not be changing that (can you? I'm not sure, but even If I could I wouldn't) and the reason is this: I VOTED ON THE QUESTION ASKED.

I was not asked about the implementation / possible restrictions so could / did -- not -- vote on / answer these points. Hence this post.

Ok, so if we assume that raising the cap on the attributes to 60 'will be going ahead based on the vote results as they stand' it makes it a 'little' easier to discuss the following points / ideas.

A Total Numerical Cap On Attributes

This would be based on the possibility of any attribute being put up to the 60 level, but a limit upon the total cumulative number of your attributes. Now this has been put forward with several totals but I intend to work on the basis of the (seemingly) most popular / prevalent one. 288. This total is arrived at by the current possible max of 6 attributes x max 48 in each = 288 pp's into attributes. This would mean that you could have a numerical total of 288 spread across your 6 attributes. For example: P/C/R/W/I/V of 60/60/60/60/0/48 would be a total of 288 pp's spent with a maximum in each attribute being a potential 60.

And yes, if it was like this, there would OBVIOUSLY be people who say something like "but I have an attribute with 0 pp's and I want my vitality to be 60 as well..." because let's face it, there are people who would complain when they were given 10,000,000gc that it would be better if it was a free 20,000,000. If you are one of these people, feel free to stop reading now and go irritate someone else.

But look at it like this - if the total possible was 288 pp's then there would be an inherent gap somewhere which would lead to a much wider variety of build / performance at max. Max now is all at 48, but max in this case would, by definition, be impossible to be identical to everyone else. More diversity is a good thing.

A Straight Raise Of Attribute Cap To 60

This one is fairly self-explanatory I think. The max number of pp's in each and every attribute possible raised to a maximum of 60 giving a total of pp's possible to put into attributes of 360. This scenario gives every player (in theory) the opportunity of achieving P/C/R/W/I/V 60/60/60/60/60/60. The up side of this way of doing things is that the variety of builds will be massive. Let us be honest here - whether you want to moan about 'nexus buyers' or 'high level' chars or whatever you are not thinking. To go from 48/48/48/48/48/48 to 60/60/60/60/60/60 is an extra 72 pp's. Say they were 'bought'. that means 54,000,000gc in hydro bars from npc then a further 72 nexus removal stones at ~1milgc each or $25 each from the shop. So, in gc only it will cost approximately 126,000,000gc or 54,000,000gc and $1,800. And if you think that there are many people who would be able / willing to do this in one go (or at all) then you are even more stupid than the person / people that 'may' do this. Besides, if they do spend the $$ in the shop then that's a good thing because it helps support the game. But it won't happen that way - the person who 'will do it straight away' is EL's own version of the boogieman. Stop being so keen to spread tall tales...

How Would This / These Changes Give PP's?

Again, there have been a few suggestions but the one that seems to be the most popular at the present is this: the ability to go to the wraith and exchange 100,000,000 OA exp. for a pp to be put into attributes. This would mean that the players at OA 179 would have more to exchange than the players at OA 60. Yes? So? They have played longer and / or worked harder so why shouldn't they benefit from their time / effort? Exactly - they should be able to. End of.

Also, exchanging OA exp. means it is more widely open for all players. Someone at a/d 150/150 but alc 33 would have a much bigger advantage over someone who has a fantastic level of both alc & tailoring but a/d of only 50/50 if it were to be only for a/d exp. By exchanging OA exp the players that work at what they like to work at will be just as rewarded as those who only fight. Fair is good.

So this leaves us with a couple of minor questions - the most obvious being this: should there be a minimum OA level when you can start to do this exchanging. The answer is no. 100mil exp. is 100mil exp. so actual OA does not matter. HOWEVER - it should be obvious that if you exchange 100mil exp. for a pp, you will be looking at "what about when I re-achieve the OA levels? Will I get more pp's?". THE ANSWER IS NO! CLEARLY! I think the exchange of OA exp for pp's is fine, but I believe it is only fair if you STAY WHERE YOU ARE.

By which I mean this: a player at OA 144 with 33,000 exp. remaining until OA 145 exchanges some of their OA exp for pp's. Fine. Their OA level remains at 144 with 33,000 exp. until OA 145. This means that it stays simple, people do not find some way around the system to gain while others lose and reaching OA 179 stays as an admirable achievement. Because it is. Besides, your OA is a tally of how much work you have put in, dropping that would be unfair. Additionally, whether you are OA 90 or OA 179, spending 100mil exp. per pp stays constant for all.

Now while I will happily admit that this could be a lot more detailed, it could also be briefer so... meh.

What I think is important to remember is this: it is clear that this kind of change is very popular and wanted, but the details may cause a lot of discussion. Discussion is great, BUT REMEMBER: this is about attribute cap(s) being raised. IT IS NOT A DISCUSSION ON FIGHTERS VS. MIXERS VS. HARVETERS NOR IS IT A DISCUSSION ON SKILLS (OLD OR NEW) OR NEXUSES (OLD OR NEW) :bangwall:

If it becomes a mish-mash nonsense-fest of complaints and stupidity nothing is going to get done. Again. So PLEASE discuss this thoughtfully but remember to keep to the points to be discussed

IF YOU WANT TO MOAN ABOUT THE MARKET, FIGHTERS, HYDRO, NEXUSES, SKILLS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT TAKE IT ELSEWHERE. PLEASE. THANK YOU.

Well, no doubt half will agree with half, half will not, everyone has an opinion etc, but this really could work - and work well - so keep the trolling for other threads or, if you really must, @6 :evilgrin:

Well, that's not everything I have to say - no surprise there... - but I am done. For now :lurker:

Be Groovy & Play Nice :hug:

FairyTail

:confused::devlish::mace:

Firstly, I did vote yes. I will not be changing that (can you? I'm not sure, but even If I could I wouldn't) and the reason is this: I VOTED ON THE QUESTION ASKED.

I was not asked about the implementation / possible restrictions so could / did -- not -- vote on / answer these points. Hence this post.

I also voted on the question asked, and “would you like to raise attribute cap to 60” was exactly what I interpreted it to be. However, this question was posed based on the current state of the game rather than possible future scenarios or changes, and at the current time there is no cap on the attribute total.

Therefore, as it stands unless there is a guarantee that there will be a limit on total pps into attributes to put a cap on pp buying then I stand firm with my “no” vote based on the current state of the game and current poll. I would have voted “Yes – if a total attribute cap was implemented” if that had been an option, but am not going to add fuel to the “Yes” fire since I am concerned radu would raise to 60 cap before serious consideration of the total attribute cap occurs based on this particular poll, since at that point there might not be any guarantees as to whether it’d be implemented. This is just my reasoning behind the current "no" vote.

A Straight Raise Of Attribute Cap To 60

This one is fairly self-explanatory I think. The max number of pp's in each and every attribute possible raised to a maximum of 60 giving a total of pp's possible to put into attributes of 360. This scenario gives every player (in theory) the opportunity of achieving P/C/R/W/I/V 60/60/60/60/60/60. The up side of this way of doing things is that the variety of builds will be massive. Let us be honest here - whether you want to moan about 'nexus buyers' or 'high level' chars or whatever you are not thinking. To go from 48/48/48/48/48/48 to 60/60/60/60/60/60 is an extra 72 pp's. Say they were 'bought'. that means 54,000,000gc in hydro bars from npc then a further 72 nexus removal stones at ~1milgc each or $25 each from the shop. So, in gc only it will cost approximately 126,000,000gc or 54,000,000gc and $1,800. And if you think that there are many people who would be able / willing to do this in one go (or at all) then you are even more stupid than the person / people that 'may' do this. Besides, if they do spend the $$ in the shop then that's a good thing because it helps support the game. But it won't happen that way - the person who 'will do it straight away' is EL's own version of the boogieman. Stop being so keen to spread tall tales...

My character has 133 bought pps. My two best friends in EL have chars with more than 72 bought pps. I personally know more than a dozen different people/chars with more than 72 bought pps (a couple also with 130+). Yes, there are almost no people that would do this all in one go (perhaps one or two tbh – but that certainly doesn’t make them stupid if they enjoy spending their recreation $ that way) but the bigger issue is that it CAN be done over time.

If there are currently a bunch of chars that have managed to become so overpowered via p2w then why encourage a system that would continue to amplify that? Is the mentality that if a person doesn’t max to all 60s within a month, that makes it okay? It took a few years for many of these chars to get 72+ pps but it happened, and look at how unfair that p2w element has made many aspects of the game that involve them. I wouldn’t want to see a handful of characters in say a couple years time dominate the game even moreso by maxing to 60s due to the unfairness of extreme p2w. There should be a limit at some point, and I think it’s about time to really draw that line.

Good job summarizing many of the posts on this thread, I hope people really give it some thought.

Edited by Caduceus

Voted "Yes", if it helps to keep high level players in game and make them happy, it would not hurt, i think.

And i am pretty sure that radu will be able to pull monsters out of his magic box of painful ideas, which will exactly target at those players with attributes above the old cap and leave players with lower attribs alone :)

Piper

I like change and I like the idea but I think it needs way more thought put into it.
I am getting real tired of playing a p2w game and this is making it even more p2w. Raise cap to 60 but make total cumulative attribute at a certain number (tbh even 288 seems high to me). I want to see specific builds (tank/fighter/ranger/mage etc. fighting wise) not just maxed out attributes and people being able to preform all roles. Once a person reaches OA 179 they should still be able to get exp for PPs. For example, after lvl 179 all exp you get is counted towards PP and you need 100 mil xp for a new pp.

Also this may be off topic, but I think total exp should be reduced drastically. L179 = 2063709481 This is INSANE. I think Level 179 should be made so its equal to current 160ish (L160 = 816679924) Level 160 is still a huge grind. I am very active, play almost every day and I only focus on fighting and I am still 120/119. The road to 160 will take me years still and I can forget about 179 if nothing is changed. This will give a chance for the lower levels to make a proper build and catch up to the higher levels. I don't think a game should take this long to reach max levels. I know of people that have been playing for 10 years and are still in 160s a/d. I also know alot of new players who started playing and no longer play because they said the game is too much of a grind. I can think of 4 players who haven't logged in over 2 months because of this reason, just from 1 guild. I am sure there are more. Very few people have the time to grind this hard and many of the lower levels would like to do higher content.

Now the pr0 players are gonna say "but it's not fair, we grinded so hard" yes, but you are already at 179 oa or close and you can start working on getting more PPs right away.

No vote from me yet.

Edited by Katakil

Just to clarify, when I suggested a cap on total atribute PP of 288, I took the current possible maximum to avoid problems with/for players that are now capped out. (Not that there are that many, although the characters don't seem to leave the game :/ ). A cap at 288 would mean they are free to redistribute their PP as they wish, without any problems

IMHO any lower cap would have to come up with a satisfyihg solution for disposing of excess PP.

One possibility would be to give them these excess PP to use as they wish for nexus and perks (including removal of neg. perks). After all, they did pay for those PPs one way or another.

Another option: just leave them with the excess in attribs, but freeze the distribution at whatever it is. So no option to add PP to attributes, removal should still be possible. They can still get perks or nexus. And they will have the choice to stay with their current attributes, or remove the excess through removal stones. Once they get under the cap, they can freely reorganise their attributes, like the other players

Oh, and for the question as stated (raise of attributes to 60, with no mention of any other restrictions) I voted 'NO'.

I voted no. I think the current number of pps you can spend in attributes is already very high. I basically like Cadu's/Stivy's/whoever else's suggestion about caps, maybe the total number of those pps could be lower but that's another discussion.

I am near maxed attributes only 16 away from it (if I neg out I would be over maxed). I barely play this game right now I wish I had more motivation, not only with maybe the possiblity of raising attribute cap but for a rework to this game. We need something new, not just shifting some numbers around we need new maps, monsters, we NEED CONSTANT UPDATES!!! A update a week wouldnt hurt even if just minor changes to keep it fresh challenging and refreshing. Maybe its time we risked something new. I see other threads about NPC prices, mixing rations etc. Introduce new monsters, new drops etc. EL needs some risk updates. Because the way its going unfortunetlly the player base is just going to get smaller

Edited by SenZon

I vote yes because i always obey certain person's instruction :P

Well, not if its rude!

Edited by lyndy

If someone actually cares enough to help EL, port it to SDL2 so a 3d version can run on Android and other mobile platforms and devices (and Linux after Xorg dies out).