Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infect

Bow Damages

Hi,

I have been a ranger for about 2 months now, and I have come to love the skill. I have killed 100+ dragons and I am knowledgeable about pinning and farming in instance/invasion/gen farming...

With that said, I tested some bows out...

I have the WH perk and ER perk with 28 ranging and 60 ap now. I can kill a rd with only 55 arrows with an elven bow. The max damage is 59 atm. After I farmed about 100+ of them, I found a deal for some pk bolts and I invested in them. According to el wiki, the crossbow damage is only 2 less than the elven bow (max and min...xbow 10-15 and elven 12-17). When I was farming with PK bolts, I only did 51 damage max. I do not see where the 8 point difference in damage comes in when the max damage is only 2 different. Do the pk bolts have lower damage by chance? not +30 damage?

Just my thoughts, let me know what you think.

I have the WH perk

You get 15% more ranging experience, your ranged weapons are considerably more accurate and do 15% more damage.

This probably has an effect on it, also I wouldn't trust numbers provided by el-wiki (and this would better be discussed in that wiki's discussion pages)

Edited by Choris

I have the WH perk

You get 15% more ranging experience, your ranged weapons are considerably more accurate and do 15% more damage.

This probably has an effect on it, also I wouldn't trust numbers provided by el-wiki (and this would better be discussed in that wiki's discussion pages)

The damage numbers included were both calculated with WH, as in I have had the perk ever since 0 rang lvl :P I have seen those damage numbers in a thread in these forums, not the arrow damaged though. I guess I am saying that PK bolts, even though more accurate, do less damage without factoring in the bow damages

there is a ranging astro too

I strongly disagree.

There is no indicator for anything ranging-related, and no indication that an astrology would affect ranging damage.

As for the original issue, maybe whoever added the PK bolt damage in el-wiki was just guessing or made a mistake, since there's no such number in the encyclopedia it'd have to be measured by comparing it to other arrows and assuming that training bolt's base damage was 0 and that the bow and arrow damages are simply added together (having WH perk would easily make such measurement wrong).

Edited by Choris

hmm, i heared about ranging astro, maybe just a rumor ?

well, too tired, but i will try some testing on pk arrows/bolts tomorrow..

if more rangers could do this, maybe we get the correct damage, to compare damage / gc :)

edit : well seems no one of us really can say where and how astro might influence the game ;)

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=24781728&postID=3022035337866754311

Edited by wuffzel

Maybe radu can just tell us the ranging damage done by the various ranging weapons... :P

Everything else has visible stats, why is this one hidden?

umm, did only a short row of test,

training bolts max 29 pk max 59 so a plus of 30 for pk bolts i can say its ok..

but with short bow and pk arrows, same orc, same place, same time max of 54 :o

short bow has max of 8, crossbow max of 15 says wiki, but i have a diff. of only 5

maybe the max damage of crossbow in wiki is wrong ?

I have the WH perk and ER perk with 28 ranging and 60 ap now. I can kill a rd with only 55 arrows with an elven bow. The max damage is 59 atm.

Only 55 arrows with ranging 28? :confused:

Red Dragon has 3500HP, 55 arrows * max damage 59 = 3245 (without a single miss and with 100% armor bypass) :whistle:

:hehe:

Ohhhhh I forgot that you have ER perk. But still I think it is impossible :closedeyes:

Edited by Devnul

This is actually the reason why AP potions were big mistake :-) AP ability should grow with the skill, it is absurd that people with very low skill (after spending some gc's) are capable to kill the highest level creatures in game so easily. Oh well, reverting to pre-AP pots times would be a disaster, so the only solution would be to have some new creatures that "ignore" AP level and instead, they have a "weakness" based on ranging skill level. :bow_arrow:

I have the WH perk and ER perk with 28 ranging and 60 ap now. I can kill a rd with only 55 arrows with an elven bow. The max damage is 59 atm.

Only 55 arrows with ranging 28? :confused:

Red Dragon has 3500HP, 55 arrows * max damage 59 = 3245 (without a single miss and with 100% armor bypass) :whistle:

:hehe:

Ohhhhh I forgot that you have ER perk. But still I think it is impossible :closedeyes:

It is not impossible, you can come watch me anytime and ill do screenies for you to see :P I usually shoot 73-80 arrows (I counted the shots) but only used 55 of the arrows in my inventory. It can be done, trust me :)

As for the damages, I believe the crossbow is no where near as strong as the elven. These are just my thoughts, :)

This is actually the reason why AP potions were big mistake :-) AP ability should grow with the skill, it is absurd that people with very low skill (after spending some gc's) are capable to kill the highest level creatures in game so easily. Oh well, reverting to pre-AP pots times would be a disaster, so the only solution would be to have some new creatures that "ignore" AP level and instead, they have a "weakness" based on ranging skill level. :bow_arrow:

What?

Affording AP is not an easy task in it's own for most players. It gives lower a/d'ers a chance to stand a chance doing something that most people can't =D. Plus if it was required for your range level to be HIGH to be efficient, then well YOU are on your own in an invasion. Because albeit fighters can do a lot, even RD's and what not. It's almost always rangers taking out the Icy's and stuff in invasion.

Just more people with high skills talking about mistakes and what not that don't effect them anyway.

for the AP-thing :

well, look at last update post :o radu just started to equip monsters with PD ...

but, errmmm, this thread is still about 'how much damage do a crossbow ?' :confused:

so, do we ever find out ?? :unsure:

btw, i still prefer shortbow when i go on dragon hunt, its fast and if lost...no drama :P

and if you get your ranging level up you do more damage with it, only arrows need double emu

What?

Affording AP is not an easy task in it's own for most players. It gives lower a/d'ers a chance to stand a chance doing something that most people can't =D. Plus if it was required for your range level to be HIGH to be efficient, then well YOU are on your own in an invasion. Because albeit fighters can do a lot, even RD's and what not. It's almost always rangers taking out the Icy's and stuff in invasion.

Just more people with high skills talking about mistakes and what not that don't effect them anyway.

I hate to say it, but me being able to range and do well with it shouldn't be a topic of discussion. The fact that I put 900kgc into ranging is enough said.... I range for fun and to kill high monsters, not for general uses, so why not use AP? I know the natural ap's and whatnot, but if it is in-game, why can't I use it? People who would agree with you cruella probably also have AP and have experienced farming with bows, and now say that it is wrong that low lvl people can do what they can with a considerable difference in ranging level. The fact that I am also training the skill should say enough... I didn't kill dragons for only gc, but the target does not move when pinned and has high HP so I don't have to chase rats or bears. I do use PK arrows yes, because when I started ranging, I could not carry enough training arrows to the dragon to be able to kill it.... I can now. I have been farming to get AP, and I just maxed it.

And btw, any lvl 0 ranger with enough arrows can kill a dragon, so me killing it faster isn't an issue if everyone can do it (if they know how to pin/unpin etc.)

for the AP-thing :

well, look at last update post :o radu just started to equip monsters with PD ...

but, errmmm, this thread is still about 'how much damage do a crossbow ?' :confused:

so, do we ever find out ?? :unsure:

btw, i still prefer shortbow when i go on dragon hunt, its fast and if lost...no drama :P

and if you get your ranging level up you do more damage with it, only arrows need double emu

I usually use arrows, I only used bolts because someone was selling 1k bolts for a good price. I also agree with the PD on the casty. Some high level monsters should probably be melee only, but after those 2k PD are taken out, rangers can still take over :P

So far, I am assuming the answer has not been revealed. All we have concluded so far (I'm assuming) is that EL Wiki is wrong on stats of the bows and pk arrow/bolt's damages.

And I use elven when I hunt dragon because I use rosto. I've tried without rosto, and my low def/hp has shown itself easily to be a problem when pinning.

(And yes, I do know how to pin without losing any hp and not using diss, there are just lag spikes that hit everyone nowadays.. I don't take a chance)

Hi again :bow_arrow:

Getting back on subject. I personally think that difference between wiki and real damage is our WH perk. Keep in mind that also ranging level is giving you more damage (which is increased again by WH perk).

Also one remark on astro. Choris, you for sure have the knowledge about ranging, but don’t you have skeptic? I personally believe in ranging astro. Why? Because sometimes for example I have better accuracy (less misses from the same spot) without getting a level. Is this just luck, or maybe astro? :confused:

hmmm, yes with the WH perk, but shouldn't be the difference of the max damage stay the same ? :confused:

well, i stay on crossbow for shooting from cliff or so and shortbow for on ground hunting :bow_arrow:

Also one remark on astro. Choris, you for sure have the knowledge about ranging, but don’t you have skeptic? I personally believe in ranging astro. Why? Because sometimes for example I have better accuracy (less misses from the same spot) without getting a level. Is this just luck, or maybe astro? :confused:

Your ranging accuracy is affected by the current lighting conditions of the target.

It's not simply the difference between shooting at day or night, the daylight increases and decreases gradually over time, affecting your accuracy and exp/hit.

+1 . 900k isnt really that much in the grand scheme of things. But, like you said, nothing to fix it now. Other skills require levels to become better at them, can't just pour some gc in to improve. Toatlly agree, killing dragons in game should still be an ahievment, but now anyone with access to unofficals and a bow can do it. Just my two cents.

Oh well, reverting to pre-AP pots times would be a disaster

+1 . 900k isnt really that much in the grand scheme of things. But, like you said, nothing to fix it now.

lol rly, peoples unwillingness to sacrifice in the name of making the game better holds EL back so much.

I have full AP, and if removing it would truly help game balance then i'd be happy for it to be removed.

+1 . 900k isnt really that much in the grand scheme of things. But, like you said, nothing to fix it now. Other skills require levels to become better at them, can't just pour some gc in to improve. Toatlly agree, killing dragons in game should still be an ahievment, but now anyone with access to unofficals and a bow can do it. Just my two cents.

This is only possible thx to pinning "feature", otherwise it would not be that easy...

This is only possible thx to pinning "feature", otherwise it would not be that easy...

Exactly! It is not about AP, it is all about PIN. Without PIN it will be much more difficult to kill strong monsters (I am talking about single ranger army).

Exactly! It is not about AP, it is all about PIN. Without PIN it will be much more difficult to kill strong monsters (I am talking about single ranger army).

Just to clarify:

You do not have to spent 900 kgc's on AP pots, max them on a special day for 700-800 kgc, depending on your luck.

900 kgc was nothing compared to the cost of leveling ranging to roughly 35-40, that is to where killing dragons solo was becoming profitable at the times before AP were introduced. 2-3 millions vs 900 kgc, 35-40 ranging vs zero. Obviously perks play a role here, if you decide to take them. Also now you can do it easier - there is a special day, there is a range arena, skill levelling has been nerfed, no doubt about it.

It is not true that pinning is an issue - a BD is not pinnable, but for a ranger with full AP and a tank it is still a quickie.

Oh well, reverting to pre-AP pots times would be a disaster

+1 . 900k isnt really that much in the grand scheme of things. But, like you said, nothing to fix it now.

lol rly, peoples unwillingness to sacrifice in the name of making the game better holds EL back so much.

I have full AP, and if removing it would truly help game balance then i'd be happy for it to be removed.

Still going offtopic but I'd be willing to get APs removed as well, the "natural" APs increasing with rang level are enough so you'd need like rang 70-80 to always AP at day which would make people actually train rang too, I'm not training it since I don't do much less dmg at level 37 than someone with 50 and it costs heaps to train, much more than those AP pots.

And yes, i have 60 APs, 900k isnt really much compared to cost of buying PPs and nexus anyway...and it sure helps a lot more than one pickpoing(and you can't even get one with 900k).

Of course this is just dreaming, it's not going to happen because people will be bitching about losing their 900kgc.

EDIT:Typo

Edited by FeLkkU

ok, im offtopic too....

AP is nothing else for a ranger then BP perk/cape for a melee fighter but with 6 times higher chance to bypass armor

its only there for to fast kill a creature and if you rise ranging level you find out

that you do more damage then before and hit more often.

again, its nothing else then you fighting with BP perk and sword.

i have AP 15 only but quiet happy with it :bow_arrow:

for my daily ranging jobs ... strong novac monsters, helping others with haidir, invasions or just game-fun in hunting its ok for me

to remind you, full AP is worth about 25714 PK arrows or 20000 PK bolts,

so with small emu and small time on you might need it,

if you have time for to kill a creature and lots of emu you might be happy without it :P

oh a special situation are instances, where you fight/range with a clock in your mind, and no store to reload...so AP might also needed for this special.

and casty teams too, ofc

oh, and about training...to train for xp with AP is the same as to train a/d with BP ...

Edited by wuffzel

Not to sound stupid, but all this has turned into is a bash on AP pots.

Ugh, why do people go so off topic when a simple question is asked?

Nvm then, I was just curious about the damages. Thank you all who contributed to my understanding of how the xp is distributed between the WH perk and natural xp.