I do not see that there sorry.
5. No Illegal Multiplaying.
Illegal multi-playing means using more than one character to help you gain benefits that using a single character would not.
An alt is defined as one of multiple characters a person uses or has used, including shared characters. You may not use a character you have previously interacted with.
Once you have logged on to a character for any reason, you have used it.
1. Owning or using multiple characters is legal as long as they do not interact, and do not help each other in any way (directly or indirectly) at any time.
3. Proceeds (items, gc, etc) from character sales are not allowed to be put on any other character used by the seller. Any attempts to hide such transactions are subject to the same penalty. Please note we do not endorse or support these sales, and any scams or problems are not the responsibility of Eternal Lands..
4. All characters destined to become bots or guild storages are considered alts until they are officially made a bot with a purple name. They must abide by this rule until that happens. They must then follow all bot rules. Guild storages will be considered as bots, even if they are not run by a program. They must be declared and registered on the official list. They will follow all ingame rules AND all bot rules.
Ok Main Rule says you cannot have multiple alts that interact to eachother in a way that helps each others. rule number 4 specifies that bots are not considered alts.
Mainly what is left here in the Bot rules that this rule specify, is Man in the middle trades and Muling, as something bots cannot do.
Now lets look at the bot tules that say anything close to this topic
4. Trade bots cannot be in range of any storage, or in high traffic areas (docks, etc.)
You cannot have a Trading Bot at a storage (there is one exception to that rule)
5. Bots that serve their master in a way such as muling are illegal (see the rules for multiplaying).
Only thing that says, no man in the Middle Trade No Muling stuff from your storage to location for mixing and otherway around.
As Storage Bots are allowed this cannot fall unter multiplaying.
6. Bots cannot be stationed in range of harvestable items. They must be far enough way so that they
cannot harvest from where they are standing.
You need to transport stuff to the bot, not sit and store it right away.
9. Commerce bots have to be stationary, with a few exceptions (such as going to the storage every once in a while, or some bots going to resupply, if an exception is made in their case).
Your TradeBot can go to storage. otherwise it has to stay at its spot.
The not quoted rules do not specify anything remolty connected to the issue.
In this post http://www.eternal-l...=46217&p=467890 and in the ones below Radu said
You can trade with the bot at the storage but only if you are the owner. That way, you can unload the stuff the bot bought to your main character, or upload the stuff from your main charcter's storage to the bot for it to sell later on, when back at the spot.
The bot is not allowed to trade with anyone else there. Also, the visits to the storage should be kept short.
Yes, you can not use your bots to mule stuff. You can only transfer what the bot bought (for a fair market price, not for a nominal value from your guildies), or what it will sell.
These 2 Quotes specify 2 things as i see it.
A Radu allowes that bot owner trades bots at storage and allowes that stuff bought at fair marketprice goes into the owners inventory (whatever he does there its his buisness then) and he allowes that bots can get stuff onto his inventory for sale purpose (so no you cannot use the stuff on the bot that he hauled from storage to your place to mix on spot).
He does not specify anything about the storage to storage trades.
But basically as i see it is following questions.
Can stuff put on Storage by the Owner when only owner trades him, be illegal muling (In my opinion a clear no because only time bot can access the storage is when he is at storage again. and there only trade the bot owner with stuff that was traded there. so how can putting stuff from owners storage to bot storage and back be muling at all).
Second is it proofable if stuff put on bot during those 2 times visit at storage was intended for sale (at any given time in the future) by the bot or just for safekeeping for the owner. (even if the owner retrives the stuff in the future). In my opinion, you can make a good estimate if it is the case or not, but its not proofable.
In the end i come to this conclusion while looking on the stuff i presented. neither in the
Gamerules nor in the Botrules nor in what i see the spirit of the rules is anything that clearify this specific use of bots.
As the Price for a TradeBot and a StorageBot are the same, and both have their advantages and disatvantages in all their useage fields, that still exists if Tradebots (or also Guardbots) are used as storage. It is not deductable form the existens of the names for the bots if it is allowed or not.
Trades betweeb Botowners and Tradebots are allowed as long it does not help you to illegal mule. that is the spirit of the quote of the quote abrove from radu towards if tradebots are allowed to trade botowner at storage or not.
For me that means, unless it is specified as forbidden by a forum quote from someone who is speaking official as game represant, or better yet put into the rule section for everyone to read. If it is not forbidden it must be allowed.allowed.
So please Make an official Announement if its allowed or not. what i read here sounded all like speculation, that i could not follow based on the rules and other statements i read form official side. Or better said not read. The storage is not talked about in any rules.
Edited by vinoveritas, 25 March 2014 - 10:58 AM.