#21 Placid

Placid

Snowball?

• Members
  • 5077 posts
  • Interests:meh

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:14 AM

I'll sign up and do colours shortly

done. http://wiki.beplacid.com/EL_Colors ... if you don't want separate pages, just merge it into the protocol page, but I don't like pages that are too long

Thanks. The colours are needed and yes the page is getting rather long. I am in favour of just linking to the colours page as it is not crucial to the protocol (as in, things'll work without it)

#22 robotbob

robotbob

Spider

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:39 PM

Going to add my stuff to the wiki soon.

Data type soup at the moment for me, but nearly done.

robotbob

Edited by robotbob, 21 November 2006 - 10:57 PM.

#23 Placid

Placid

Snowball?

• Members
  • 5077 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:31 AM

Going to add my stuff to the wiki soon.

Data type soup at the moment for me, but nearly done.

robotbob

Great.

At the moment we really need trade documentation and the completion of 'Server to Client' and 'Client to server'. A comprehensive list of Item Image IDs is also required (we have other ways of getting this info, though).

#24 The_Piper

The_Piper

Panda Bear

• Members
  • 3827 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:45 AM

Ok, ill add then the next 100 item ID's i have, when i have the time to do it :P

(hopefully soon)

Well done to everybody, who contributed to that Wiki, and thumbs up for snowball for running it :dry:

Piper

#25 Placid

Placid

Snowball?

• Members
  • 5077 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:57 PM

Thanks to Timbol and Freeone3000 for their recent work on the Wiki. An explanation of message parsing and some examples in Python and Java have been added (although some of the Java code is questionable ;))

#26 Placid

Placid

Snowball?

• Members
  • 5077 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:34 PM

The Wiki has come a long way. Some restructuring has taken place to remove non-essential information from the protocol description article (EL Network Protocol). We now have a complete list of Item Image IDs (thanks to Entropy & Learner) and the official client's colour codes has also been provided. The Actor related data has been split to its own page to shrink the main article slightly.
You can view these pages here:Thanks to all those who have contributed, hope it helps those who are new to EL's protocol!

#27 bkc56

bkc56

Black Panther

• Members
  • 2252 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Lego, Video/Computer games

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:22 PM

Do we know when the EL Item Image IDs page will be updated for the 5/07 release? I'm hoping to have our sales bots updated with some of the new items the day it goes to the main server.

Thanks.

#28 Placid

Placid

Snowball?

• Members
  • 5077 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:46 PM

Do we know when the EL Item Image IDs page will be updated for the 5/07 release? I'm hoping to have our sales bots updated with some of the new items the day it goes to the main server.

Thanks.

I'll see what I can do.

#29 coch

coch

Rabbit

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:46 PM

I'm working on a client app for a bot. I've registered to the wiki and I'll try to add some info about the protocol when I figure them out. :)

#30 Placid

Placid

Snowball?

• Members
  • 5077 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:08 AM

I'm working on a client app for a bot. I've registered to the wiki and I'll try to add some info about the protocol when I figure them out. ;)

Great, thanks. We're in need of server to client messages so if you're able to do this i'd be grateful.

I've also updated the Item Image IDs article to reflect the new items.

Cheers!

#31 nicky

nicky

Brownie

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:02 PM

Placid, you rock! thanks for the Item ID's, that site is extremely useful!

#32 Placid

Placid

Snowball?

• Members
  • 5077 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:14 PM

Placid, you rock! thanks for the Item ID's, that site is extremely useful!

Glad it could help. Bear in mind it was not just me who wrote the documentation :)

I have recently moved servers, so please update your bookmarks to point to the following hostname:
- wiki.beplacid.net/

The base of any Wiki URL will now be:
- wiki.beplacid.net/articles/

So please ensure you have the correct hostname and URI (including '/articles/')!

Cheers,

Placid

#33 Torg

Torg

Leopard

• Members
  • 1631 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:02 AM

I have recently moved servers, so please update your bookmarks to point to the following hostname:
<snip>
So please ensure you have the correct hostname and URI (including '/articles/')!

Bookmarks and links like your sig?? ;-)

#34 Placid

Placid

Snowball?

• Members
  • 5077 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:11 AM

<snip>

Bookmarks and links like your sig?? ;-)

ROFL

#35 nathanstenzel

nathanstenzel

Leopard

• Members
  • 1594 posts
  • Interests:Programming and partying in real life.
    Manufacturing and helping newbs in game.

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:56 AM

I hope you don't mind. I just registered and submitted something for the python code section. The trick is, I have made some references to some things in my code implementations. It gives a good tip and a rough idea though.

The tip is struct.unpack('=HIBB') will not distort the data while struct.unpack('HIBB') will.

Feel free to do what you will with the entry. :lipssealed: I hope it helps some. The struct.unpack command can be a pain without the '='.

#36 Grum

Grum

Phantom Warrior

• Members
  • 2672 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:23 AM

The tip is struct.unpack('=HIBB') will not distort the data while struct.unpack('HIBB') will.

Ah, I never knew about the '=' character. Nice to learn something new. I think you should use '<' instead, however, since the EL protocol is strictly Little-Endian.

#37 Placid

Placid

Snowball?

• Members
  • 5077 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:49 AM

I hope you don't mind. I just registered and submitted something for the python code section. The trick is, I have made some references to some things in my code implementations. It gives a good tip and a rough idea though.

Feel free to do what you will with the entry. :P I hope it helps some. The struct.unpack command can be a pain without the '='.

Not at all, all contributions are welcome! Thanks!

In code I've written for the EL protocol, the '<' char was used in the pack/unpack calls. As Grum said, the protocol is specifically little-endian.

Cheers!

#38 nathanstenzel

nathanstenzel

Leopard

• Members
  • 1594 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:24 PM

Ah. Well, use < then. Without it, the darn thing will try to pad stuff to the largest size and it will mess it up. The < vs = difference is that = will be whatever endian case it is for the computer running it.....which for some systems won't be little endian.

BTW, I modified my post to the protocol code example.

Edited by nathanstenzel, 17 October 2007 - 03:29 PM.

#39 nathanstenzel

nathanstenzel

Leopard

• Members
  • 1594 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:28 AM

I compared what you wrote in the table to what the EL code was for looking at an item in a bag and looked at the change logs for that code. You had [position][quantity] instead of just [position]. I fixed it for you.

#40 nathanstenzel

nathanstenzel

Leopard

• Members
  • 1594 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:02 AM

Let it be known that I looked for the wiki.beplacid.net page today and it no longer exists. It is now one of those stupid sites with bullcrap links on them.

Does anyone else have a valid list of info on the protocol?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users