Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dung

Attribute choice for lvling with high ping spikes.

Have tried playing off and on in the past few years but my ping spikes cause me to die too much to the point where it's not worth playing. Used to play on cable but now I'm running off the mobile hotspot(haha I'm online in the literal back 40). The ping is normally around 500 but then spikes up to 6 or 8k+ so I have no idea what's going on in that 8+ seconds. I try to heal when I realize I'm lagging but it doesn't always save me. Is there an attribute selection that would make this possible where I would take very little damage but still get good xp? I guess I wouldn't be able to lvl magic as well but I am just considering possibilities. Also I like to summon/manuf/harvest so high EMU is pretty important.

With toughness you also make more damage, witch might drop the exp rate. Another solution is to get high coordination, good armors and col. Train on monsters that don't attack you and always have more life than a monster can take in a fight. I admit it is a little risky because you need expensive armors and you don't want to drop those when you die, but if you do it right you shouldn't get to that:)

You need to be able to kill at least 3 monsters before you need to restore. Using potions of br is even safer because you can always keep your life full.

Also note that, later in the game, a pickpoint saved will worth more than a titanium set:D

With toughness you also make more damage, witch might drop the exp rate. Another solution is to get high coordination, good armors and col. Train on monsters that don't attack you and always have more life than a monster can take in a fight. I admit it is a little risky because you need expensive armors and you don't want to drop those when you die, but if you do it right you shouldn't get to that:)

You need to be able to kill at least 3 monsters before you need to restore. Using potions of br is even safer because you can always keep your life full.

Also note that, later in the game, a pickpoint saved will worth more than a titanium set:D

Toughness doesn't increase the damage you do, might does. Coordination will also increase the damage he does because of the might xattr.

For summoning and magic, you will probably need some will and/or vitality. High will with low damage from your strikes will only get you to around the 40's because you need the toughness to go with the will. Many people give will a bad rap, but I like it and have found some good fighters that like it.

You have a nice a/d gap, so I am thinking you probably have the defense god which is something that I think would be good in the situation.

MoL and CoL and SoP is a good combo for someone that does not want to do too much damage, but needs as much help with damage soaking as possible. Evanescence helps the combo too. So does mirror skin.

Avoiding mobs that you know will hit you hard when they hit you may be a good idea. Some mobs like cyclops have bad crit hits. Egratia Point could be quite dangerous for you consider they will try to gang up on you and do nasty critical hits.

The shield spell may help you some. You may want to try both a unicorn medallion and a moon medallion to see which one really works better for you. The extra defense levels from a unicorn medallion may help more than the armor if it helps you dodge enough blows. Defense potions or other buff potions may help.

Sometimes the internet issue is just in receiving packets and not really in sending them. You may be able to cast a restore spell and have it accepted by the server, but this is only a slight chance.

It seems the effects of coordination are affected alot more by astrology and random monster attributes than the effects of physique. I am not totally sure of that though.

I am not a pro character builder like some folk, but I hope my advice helps some. I used my equipment combo and my 30/48 p/c in the 100-120 invance and 120/130 capped invasions quite a bit. I have the evanescence perk. I do not suggest the invance and invasions till you are mid range for them due to the a/d gap (it is hard to hit things).

Toughness doesn't increase the damage you do, might does. Coordination will also increase the damage he does because of the might xattr.

You are right, I'm sorry. Physique also increase might. I changed my mind about the right attribute, but i still advice to use good armors and CoL. There are more things you can do to prevent dieing, as nathanstenzel also posted, and I think you can get 99.99% safe using them:)

physique, vitality, will

simple solution , huge hp, toughness and mana

Oops nothing.

Edited by Miiks

Ok, I think I will try physique/vitality. Going to forego will for now because I think if I want more hp it would be better to take physique for capacity and toughness. What ratios do you recommend? How much is too much physique for lvling on ogres at my lvls? http://www.eternal-l...r.php?user=dung What is the maximum vitality I should take? Would like high mana for summoning and lasting long during invasions. Thanks everyone for their input.

Edited by Dung

You're already at the optimum might xattr for ogres but your goal isn't optimum exp/hour, it's to survive constant lag spikes.

Before I can recommend what attributes you should progress with I need some more information.

I need to know what armor you use to train in, whether you use a CoL or RDHoLaM or neither and your a/d progression goal.

Just a quick note about about Raz's recommendation of the evanescence perk, at your defense/reaction you already block ogres 90%, evanescence won't be as beneficial as some more toughness to soak up damage, however once you reach armed orcs (your next progression mob after ogres)/any other mob that crits often, evanescence is well worth the investment.

Edited by bigkav

Currently using steel chain, steel shield, unicorn medallion, leather legs, leather boots, iron helm. Nothing fancy. I like the unicorn because it gives more xp but if I need to I can switch to moon for more armor if needed. Progression goal... nothing fancy either. Just as long as I can get decent xp. I don't train a/d all the time I still like to do other things. Maybe I don't understand what you mean by progression goal if you need more info explain.

Well to be honest, it's probably a lot easier just investing the gold into a crown or red drag helm of life and mana. You can safely take another 4-8 physique and still get pretty decent exp on ogres. As for vitality, you can take it to ~12-16 and notice a big difference but unless you remove will I don't see you getting it anytime soon.

Currently using steel chain, steel shield, unicorn medallion, leather legs, leather boots, iron helm. Nothing fancy. I like the unicorn because it gives more xp but if I need to I can switch to moon for more armor if needed. Progression goal... nothing fancy either. Just as long as I can get decent xp. I don't train a/d all the time I still like to do other things. Maybe I don't understand what you mean by progression goal if you need more info explain.

I used unicorn medallions for a long long time. Right through cyclops. I may recommend swapping to ti chain for a mere 5k from Aluwen's priestess. It will keep your death bag's gc value down, if that is what you really want. Augmented leather pants give much better protection than leather pants, but break quick, so that breakage is a risk factor that would be bad for you during a bad ping attack.

Dare I say that you don't have to train alone? Having a guildmate/buddy/ally nearby that can grab your death bag when you die can be a lifesaver. The more trusted, the better. It is important to really be able to trust the person, but sometimes ally guilds or even your own guild may be fooled and recruit a thief. It happens. Meanwhile, if the training buddy sees you really low on life, they might be able to remote heal you or harm the critter or slice the critter up for you if it is a multicombat map.

Currently using steel chain, steel shield, unicorn medallion, leather legs, leather boots, iron helm. Nothing fancy. I like the unicorn because it gives more xp but if I need to I can switch to moon for more armor if needed.

Get a steel helm - expensive but since it does not drop even if you die now it is worth it.

Get a steel helm - expensive but since it does not drop even if you die now it is worth it.

Good point. This is the server update during which the steel helm became no-drop. http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58228

Note that as far as I know, the titanium chainmail which I suggested does drop. I just think it is that much better for armor than steel chain. Low emu too.