Failing to run EL after installing OS X Mavericks

27 replies to this topic

#21 Maxine

Maxine

Leopard

• Members
  • 1578 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

I cant make much from all these errors but they do seem to be graphics related. Some suggestions:
- Make sure you have a complete set of uncorrupted files. One way to do this is to uninstall/delete the game (all files in the program area, your data should be stored elsewhere, I don't know how this works on a mac), then install sir Odie's client (fresh install).
- From one of the error messages it looks like your install has trouble rendering an outside scene. BEFORE logging in, use the settings button on the right to change the graphics options. Use 'poor man' and make sure any sun/moon/sky related options are unchecked (not on).
- Instead of logging in with your main, make a tester-alt to see if the crashes are indeed location specific. I believe that the map where chars are created has no weather etc, so maybe that helps. If you can log in with an alt, contact the mods via a #help_me to see if they can teleport your char back inside to see if that helps.

Good luck

Edited by Maxine, 19 January 2014 - 09:49 AM.

#22 revi

revi

Skeleton

• Moderators
  • 1035 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

One question that pops up for me is: how did you end up near the C2 NPC?

In other words: what did you change recently on your computer (change computer, upgrade OS, upgrade graphics drivers, whatever else you can think of)?

Sir_Odie confirmed that his MacOS client is a complete package (binaries and all needed libraries and data files), so no need to install it after or over an existing 'official' client. (Windows client is different!)

#23 Sir_Odie

Sir_Odie

Brownie

• Moderators
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

Did you accidentally change the 'Use animation program' option? You can change it in the options menu (press the 'Settings' button in the login screen), in the Troubleshoot tab. Exit the client after changing it.

#24 Guest_Confused_*

Guest_Confused_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

I used the Poor Man setting in the graphics, and EL works as of now. Thank you all for your help.

#25 Guest_DonChedi_*

Guest_DonChedi_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

Hoi,

was a little late with upgrading my Mac to this Maverick thing. Had trouble with starting EL like the others described but managed to solve that. Can get in the game and start playing, thanks to the Sir_Odie client, but cannot get two things repaired:

-sounds: the game stays quiet, exempt for background noises like tweeting birds in the landscape and roumor talking in the storage area's. Downloaded the sour an music extensions again but that did not help.

-custom maps: had the Olivine maps and before the upgrade had no problems with them. After the upgrade they are still in place on my system, but they don't show in the game. Even throw away and install them again did not work.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

#26 Guest_Olivine_*

Guest_Olivine_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

Hoi,

was a little late with upgrading my Mac to this Maverick thing. Had trouble with starting EL like the others described but managed to solve that. Can get in the game and start playing, thanks to the Sir_Odie client, but cannot get two things repaired:

-sounds: the game stays quiet, exempt for background noises like tweeting birds in the landscape and roumor talking in the storage area's. Downloaded the sour an music extensions again but that did not help.

-custom maps: had the Olivine maps and before the upgrade had no problems with them. After the upgrade they are still in place on my system, but they don't show in the game. Even throw away and install them again did not work.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

Where exactly do you have them. I just installed EL on 10.9, and added the maps and it appears to work fine.

#27 Mythos

Mythos

Brownie

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Sketching, Traveling, Sailing

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

I don't think there is a solution ot the sound issue.

NOTE: further updates to OS Mavericks migth require COMPLETE SHUTDOWN in order for EL to run and not to crash. Just happened to me.

#28 Guest_KDC_*

Guest_KDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

Hi

I have the same problem on Mavericks, the client is crashing at startup. If I start it from the terminal this message appears:

petersmbp:MacOS peterszikra$ ./EternalLands 
/Users/linke/Desktop/el-devel/elc/macosx/../io/cal3d_io_wrapper.cpp:224: failed assertion `self'
Abort trap: 6

I think the problem maybe its searching for the 'cal3d_io_wrapper.cpp:224' not on may computer.

Maybe?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users