Jump to content


Keyboard layout on Macs

No replies to this topic

#1 Florian



  • Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:45 PM

--> http://en.wikipedia....mage:Qwerty.svg
is a standard PC keyboard with english layout.

The Mac has the same layout, but the keys have different labels. So when you hear you should press the "Home" key to take a step forward, you press the equivalent key, which is the arrow pointing to the upper left.

Note #1: the latest aluminium keyboards shipped with the alu iMacs have the same labels as standard PC keyboards.

Note #2: some laptops (ibook G3 for example) don't have the "insert/delete" keys, and for the other keys you have to hold the Fn key

Edited by Florian, 29 September 2007 - 12:46 PM.

Reply to this topic


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users