Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lyanna

Gods And Religions Of Eternal Lands

Hehe... you know, if I could get one of the programmers to design a pop-up window for me whenever you click on an item in the game, I might put that text inside a background scroll somewhere in the game. :) But only if I can get that pop-up window and supporting system designed. :D

-Lyn-

I've got a window, just draw a pic, give me more detail, and I'll have it done in an half hour. :(

I've read all three pages of this post and I am truly impressed with the level of detail and thought being put into the development of the major deities. My suggestion for support of Lyanna's use of the major dieties by all races is simple (simplistic) and provides posibilities for additional storyline threads. The other races gods were the base gods in the game, known by another name to the individual races. Whilst the gods wrestled for power by gathering followers from each race, several gods mimicked or misrepresented themselves to the dwarves and elves (enter naughty Mortos pretending to be the dwarven god of crafting) to sway them to their cause. The dwarves and Elves realising the treachery renounced the naming of their gods and adopted the human deities names.

Hehe... you know, if I could get one of the programmers to design a pop-up window for me whenever you click on an item in the game, I might put that text inside a background scroll somewhere in the game. :) But only if I can get that pop-up window and supporting system designed. :o

-Lyn-

Actually, I was thinking of something in addition to this to make some money from the game. Also have a picture/portrait of the player appear in a small window underneath the quickbar(it would be the width of the quickbar though). People can pay to have their very own custom portrait of their player displayed there whenever someone clicks on them. Also, they will have a description of their player. This is how furcadia does it(where i got the idea).

...since you are doing the thing with the items, it can work the same way. Just have the text appear in the chat part of the screen, and the item picture appear on the bar to the right. guess we can discuss it further in the programming forum.

Hehe... you know, if I could get one of the programmers to design a pop-up window for me whenever you click on an item in the game, I might put that text inside a background scroll somewhere in the game. :P But only if I can get that pop-up window and supporting system designed. :o

-Lyn-

That would be both fun an interesting :)

satyr

n 1: man with strong sexual desires [syn: lecher, lech, letch] 2: one of a class of woodland deities; attendant on Bacchus; identified with Roman fauns [syn: forest god]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement name for Satyr? This was the first thing I thought of when I began perusing the board. The classic connotation for a satyr is insatiable sexual appetite as well as a man of classic proportions or who exudes an extremely virile, potent aura. Any way you dice it, not quite what we have here, eh??? lol

satyr

n 1: man with strong sexual desires [syn: lecher, lech, letch] 2: one of a class of woodland deities; attendant on Bacchus; identified with Roman fauns [syn: forest god]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement name for Satyr? This was the first thing I thought of when I began perusing the board. The classic connotation for a satyr is insatiable sexual appetite as well as a man of classic proportions or who exudes an extremely virile, potent aura. Any way you dice it, not quite what we have here, eh??? lol

A faun maybe?