Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lyanna

Storylines Discussions

Okay, here is where you can post all of your comments, criticisms, questions and what-not regarding the main EL storyline, or how it all ties together, or about anything related to the stories on this forums. If you don't have a comment regarding a specific story, please post here instead. I will also move any off-topic posts to the appropriate threads if necessary.

Happy discussions! :D

-Lyn-

Thanks for your comments, CK. My previous post has been deleted, and a new system of history is now being thrown together to replace Ent's world. Okay, I've been going through some of the stories so far. Here are my preliminary thoughts and ideas, subject to heavy change later. No dates as yet, because I'm trying to figure out the new timings needed. I'll be constantly editing this post.

Timeline

- Creation of the world

- Dragons created by Aluwen. (Kayliana)

- The other races are created. (Saii)

- Humans, Dwarves and others begin to build settlements. (Saii)

- Elves and humans begin to settle in Doonray. Mount Polan erupts, due to Mortos. All settlers killed by Mortos' creatures. Mortos cast into Underworld. (Aira & Saii)

- Tyr'Namur built. Cure for violence found, but thrown away. (Geelef)

- Mortos begins to corrupt the gods. (Saii)

- Some Elves begin to study under the Dragons. Grand Palace of Tiral is built in Tyr'Namur. Elven society is split into Eldar and normal Elves. (Geelef & Kayliana)

- Centau causes the cure for violence to break on the shore, releasing fog of violence. Dragon Wars take place. Humans and Dwarves fight against Elves and Dragons. Tyr'Namur and Al'Drakla destroyed. (Geelef & Kayliana)

- Dragons depart from the realm. Eldar split the continents apart. The few surviving Eldar and Dragons remain in the ruins of Tyr'Namur. Tiral stands guard.

- Elves, Humans and Dwarves sail to Lakeside Village in Seridia and begin over, reduced to near-savagery. (Kayliana & Geelef)

- Gnomes, Dreagoni and Orchans sail to Irilion.

- Elves settle in Tirnym, Dwarves in Nordcarn, and Humans in Grubani and Lakeside.

- Great Battle of Grubani takes place in the early days of human settlement (Tumaros)

- Epona the Druid leaves the ruins of Tyr'Namur and goes to the Tirn Desert. She changes the desert using a forbidden Eldar spell and turns it into Tirnwood. (Conner)

- Humans spread up and begin to build Naralik.

- Elves spread up the coast to occupy Tirnwood and the Forest of the Fall.

- Humans build Vermor Castle and Portland.

- Mortos trains Unolas and Selain. (Saii)

- Grahms Village and Corren Town founded.

- Unolas and Selain become Gods. War of the Gods breaks loose. Races are heavily decimated. (Saii)

- Mortos takes residence in the hidden temple of Mynadar (Tumaros)

- Mynadar built.

- Whitestone City built

- "A common man" goes back in time and accidentally makes the fog of violence invisible. (Geelef)

- Fingolfin Telemnar invades and sacks Mynadar. Formation of the Drow Elves. Elven Palace at Forest of the Fall destroyed. (Arafin)

- Dwarves retake Mynadar. Drows move to Morcraven Marshes. (Arafin)

- Aluwen establishes a reign of peace, from her Elven capital at Tirnym. Carmien Village and Manor built. All cities flourish. Many forget the arts of war. (Tumaros)

- Mortos and Selain start off the Great War. (Tumaros)

- Human city of Naralik destroyed. (Conner/Master_Templar)

- Elven city of Tirnym destroyed. Grubani and Tahraji Desert abandoned to monsters.

- It is now 40 years after the end of the Great War.

That's the rough outline. Just some ideas, that I'm posting down now. Will polish it up another time.

-Lyn-

Edited by Lyanna

Heya, got your email. Not to put too fine a point on it but good news about Ent. I've got a fair bit on in the next week (career hunting and freelance journalism in between full-time job, plus spreadin local info about council house sell-offs in the UK :( ) but in between that I'd be up for writing again soon.

Good. Thanks, Saii, and welcome back! :( I'd better warn you, though, that after my second reading through everything, I noticed quite a number of inconsistencies with everyone's stories that will need some major rewriting. But I'll wait and evaluate again another day.

-Lyn-

Hi Lyanna,

Forgive me for not touching base sooner. Things are hectic. Expecting first born come late november or early december ^_^. Indeed, glad to see that independant writers now have a little more say in the storyline! I know you gave me an assignment to write about the abandoned ship yard in Grubani. I've got a good part of the beginning and some of the ending written. I've just started working on it again (assuming you still want it in), but there's going to be more to it than just a little story about some abandoned ship yard. I was thinking of something like a prelude to the great war. Some years before of course. Also some heirs to the Vermor are involved, so i was a little currious how the succession worked. And when the Kingship moved to a lordship? I was thinking of placing it durring the time of when Mydanar (sp?) was sacked and taken back over. I'm also going to place the leader of whitestone in it. Is he King? Dictator? Kinda confused about it all. Any suggestion for names? I'm not very good at making them up, sad to say.

Well, these are a few questions/concerns i had and just wanted your input.

Thanks!

Edited by Quinticus

Post it up on the Forums first, Quinticus, and then we'll talk about it. Hmm, I guess I'd better get around to finishing that Vermor Castle story, before more people try to incorporate it within their stories. As far as the succession goes, I left that deliberately vague, for others to contribute to it, so have fun.

As for Whitestone, I think I'll place the building of Vermor Castle before the founding of Whitestone, and make the Lord of Whitestone City a vassal to King Vermor (who eventually broke away, developed military power, and gained ascendancy over the region).

-Lyn-

I think we should add something about Tarsengaard, like it has been locked out ever since, locking in everything living there...

sounds like a good help for the map maker (can be a LIVING city) was has high magic development (even higher then the rest of the planet...)

just my 2c

Don't worry... I'm writing Tarsengaard's story. It's on my to-do list already. And yes, there will be magic - lots of it - within it's history. :D

-Lyn-

Yes, you can write the horses in.

-Lyn-

EDIT: I'll be using this thread to coordinate all other assignments for writers, proofreaders, editors, etc.

Right now, I've listed down all the stories in the other thread, Storylines Announcements. freeone and Anastasia, you can work your way through those. :angry:

I'm also calling back as many writers as possible. Kayliana and Arafin should be joining us soon - hopefully.

Edited by Lyanna

Okay guys, this is the rough idea of how I'm planning to interweave all the stories together.

Initially, Draia was one huge landmass, similar to Earth's Pangaea. We can call it whatever name we like - for the moment, I'll just use Draia. Cities were built, races developed, etc. Since it's in ancient times, we can set any names or cultures we want - I like having an open history for this. Kayliana, your stories will take place here, in ancient history. I'll need to move the Grand Palace of Tiral to the city of Tyr'Namur, in Geelef's Diary.

Saii, this is also when the Gods begin to play with their races. I want to change the role of the Orchans in the War of the Gods, later... need to give them a noble past, so leaving the mixing of the Orc and Human essences out, or unknown. What you could do is to make the Orchans originally Glydoc's race, and blame Mortos for something else, like creating all the initial monsters to destroy life. This will also be when Mortos causes Centau to go mad, and Centau causes Mount Polan (Aira's story) to erupt. Centau also starts playing with the sea.

Geelef, then Tiwo's story of Al'Drakla and Tyr'Namur happen. The fog of violence breaks loose (Centau caused the ship to crash), and causes the Dragon Wars to erupt. This decimates the Dragons. Kay, I'll use your story up to and until the Dragons go into the pendants... have to cut out the part when you resurrect, though. Can't be part of the "official" history, since GDC may not stay around... Anyway, the Eldar (who were the special class of Elves that studied under the Dragons) fought with the Humans and Dwarves. It wracked the whole landmass. Kay, I'd like you to write in all the other races too, if possible. Put them on the side of the Humans, to make the sides more equal. Dreagoni stayed out of the conflict, torn between their two racial lines.

The Eldar then split the continents, killing most of the races in the process, including themselves. Tiral remains in Tyr'Namur, and starts planning for a resurrection of her race, through the use of "A Common Man", far into the future. A few of each race escape, but are reduced to barbarism. Knowledge of Draconic Magic died with the last of the Eldar - Tirn, who created Tirnwood Vale. That's when they move into the diffferent legendary homelands of Seridia - Dwarves in Nordcarn, Humans in Grubani and Naralik, Elves in Tirnym. Similarly, the Gnomes, Orchans and Dreagoni (as well as a few of the other races) land on the other continent of Irilion. The remains of Tyr'Namur rest in the Hidden Continent of Al'Drakla, which is still populated by those very dangerous creatures that Mortos created (and that Tiwo and the common man fight).

The Elves spread up the western coast of the Continent, populating Tirnym, Tirnwood Vale, the Elven Palace in the Forest of the Fall, and Tarsengaard. Maybe a small colony in Evergreen Woods, too. The Dwarves spread out into the mountains - Nordcarn, then later the Elavro Mountains and Red Rock Mountains (DP), and finally Mynadar. Humans have the Battle of Grubani in the early years, when they were still barbaric, later populated Naralik, built Whitestone City, Portland, and combined with the other races to build Corren, Lakeside and Grahms.

In time, the races grow back to their original numbers, and then Mortos teaches Unolas the secrets of magic again, and Selain begins his work. Unolas rediscovers Magic and publicises it. The War of the Gods erupt. Saii, for the changes here, I'd like to place the Orchans as under Glydoc's command, since their culture resembles that race most closely in this story (noble barbarians). We can corrupt the Dreagoni instead. (Side effects of Selain's drugs have instilled a magical heritage to them, which enables them to live in colder weather today). Iringold was dead, and Tiral was absorbed in other things, so effectively, the Dreagoni had no God at that time, and Selain took over. The Gnomes stayed out of it, with the Humans, at Elandria's instructions. Saii, I can't use the last part of your story about the Eternals, because it obviously doesn't fit anymore, but all the rest is still good. (There are a few other minor changes I want to make, but I'll wait until you posted up a new version of the script)

Anyway, somewhere here, the Centaurs were all killed off, and a small population of Satyr survive. Somehow or the other, the Satyr died or vanished too. I was thinking either a revenge massacre by the Centaurs, for Folis' sake, or Satyr/Gaia (the goddess) turned them invisible to protect them, and they now wander the Lands, playing music invisibly (haha - explanation for the in-game music).

Development of the races continues, and a whole bunch of short stories come here.

Mortos invents the curse of the undead, and tries it out with one of his servants, the original Necromancer of Naralik. Tiwo recruits the common man, and they go back in time to before the Dragon Wars, under Tiral's command, to try and reverse history. It fails, and Tiral returns the Diary to the Lands, setting in motion a new plan. (You know what? I think I might make Tiral into a Goddess of Time and Fate, or something like that...)

The Elves under Fingolfin take Mynadar, the Dwarves destroy the Elven Palace in Forest of the Fall, some Elves turn Dark and become the Drow Elves, moving to the Morcraven Marshes. Dwarves retake Mynadar. Several decades pass, and Necromancer becomes power-hungry. He destroys Naralik, Aclys takes revenge, and becomes the new Necromancer (Master_Templar's story).

The Peril at Mynadar happens. Aigenia discovers her ancestor's Diary and manages to remove even more of the fog of violence (take note, Geelef!). Aluwen then returns to the Lands for a short while, and establishes a reign of peace, centred in the Elven city of Tirnym. Many forget how to fight, and the Lands become peaceful. Then Great War happens. Mynadar, Kilaran Field, South Kilaran, Portland, White Stone and Tirnym are affected. Tirnym is destroyed, and Aluwen's influence diminishes. She manages to remove part of the power of Mortos' curse - the undead are no longer under his command, but free to act as they please, and mostly restored to full living status, too. This last battle causes a draw between Mortos/Selain, and Aluwen. (Take note, Tumaros!)

The races now exist in an uneasy balance, never fully dying, but never being able to leave this realm either. Aclys still keeps watch over Naralik Catacombs, the Drows live in Morcraven, the rest of the Elves have been reduced to Tirnwood. Nordcarn and Mynadar still remain Dwarven towns. White Stone and Portland are largely human-dominated. Corren, Lakeside and Grahms are mixed-populations. The races are now in the process of rebuilding - again. :P

-Lyn-

Edited by Lyanna

Oops missed the last bit of this thread, the other posts make alot more sense now :blink:. I'll have a go at sorting it out, though having the rather more numerous Orchans on the side of the Aluwenists could make the balance of the war much more difficult (the major point of it was that Selain had overwhelming numbers but no magic/Centaur). The Satyr I was planning to have wiped out by a vengeful Selain poisoning their water supply as they settled down to rebuild? I have a slightly different plan for the very few remaining centaur :D

I take back what I said about the Draegoni being corrupted. Give the corruption back to the Orchans instead. That means, they're still Glydoc's race, but Selain stole them out from under his nose through drug control. Glydoc, bearing a grudge, joined the Aluwenist side.

The Draegoni are heavily-magical but few in number, so would either join Unolas, or stay out of the war, or maybe join the Aluwenists but make very little difference. They lived on the Second Continent, Irilion, anyway, in vast ice fortresses, so maybe they just retreated and locked themselves up.

Also, go ahead with your plans for the Satyr and Centaurs, Saii. I'll modify to fit.

-Lyn-

Edited by Lyanna

I know that Lyanna was working on a story about the fall of Vermor Castle. Was that ever finished? Also, i believe she was working on the association of Whitestone to Vermor Castle. Was that ever figured out?

I have a pretty good idea for a story of the secession of Whitestone from the Vermor house. I believe it was discussed that Whitestone was a vassal under Vermor rule.

Can we get this clarified? If so i can start working on it (i need a distraction from this monstrosity of a Grubani story).

Also chariste, i haven't gotten any e-mails. Not sure if you sent them, no big deal if you haven't. Just want to make sure my e-mail boxes aren't still messed up.

Please correct me if I'm wrong Lyanna as I'm speaking in your place...

Lyanna gave up storywriting and said that anyone may use/add to those stories. So you're welcome to continue on Lyanna's story, to finish it or even edit it as you see fit :P

Please correct me if I'm wrong Lyanna as I'm speaking in your place...

Lyanna gave up storywriting and said that anyone may use/add to those stories. So you're welcome to continue on Lyanna's story, to finish it or even edit it as you see fit :P

Exactly. :D

-Lyn-

Chariste, just wanted to let you know i haven't gotten that e-mail yet. If you haven't sent it yet, no sweat. I'm waiting on it, though, because some major revisions need to be made to one of the sections (it just doesn't fit with my "ending" and such). It's ok if you don't get it to me right away. I have another endeavor i'm going to pursue as far as storylines go. I think i'm going to do a series of stories (of unknown lenght yet) explaining the whole vermor history. As far as the founding, Castle building, gargoyles, family heirlooms (weapons), the secession of whitestone, and finally (i think) i'll work Lyanna's story of the hedge maze and mage guy into it. It's a long list, and it'll take quite some time, so i hope this game is going nowhere for a while. :huh:

Anyway, i've been at insurance school all week! i'm brain dead and rambling.

Let me know about anything you want entered into vermor family, that means anyone with imput as well, and i'll do my best to work it in.

E-mail me at Warwizard090@aol.com with any suggestions and/or your edit.

Thanks!

Edited by Quinticus

Wow, I'm going to send that thing certified, return receipt requested! lol No, I sent it again in a .txt format, but I will try again. That is the email address I used so.... Maybe AOL figures our lives are too easy and they're gonna spice it up for us :blink:

I can't even stand going to insurance office, much less a school, hehe, so you have my sympathies. :P

That sounds fantastic! Could you perhaps make an outline of events...there are some stories out there now that detail events in the Vermor line. Let me sort through some stuff tonight after the kiddies go to bed and see what might impact your history.

Thanks Quin,

Chariste

well i'm convinced it's my aol...they are the devil! The only mail i've been getting is stupid spam. Stupid AOHELL. I'll have to think on this for a while to see if there isn't some other way to get that here.

I'll also work on an outline. It won't be much, though, probably a collection of short (i use the term loosely) stories hopping through their lines. I haven't completely made up my mind, but i'm going to begin work on the first story whilst i ponder.

Thanks for trying again for me, i'll PM you with my other e-mail addresses that might work. AOHELL sucks.

Edited by Quinticus