Fluffy
Recommended p/c: 28/44
Recommended def: 95
Minimum def: 90
Weapon:
- bone @ <90 att
- none @ >90 att

Train Fluffy until 105 attack.

I have 91/101 a/d but only 28/36 p/c atm, should i use bone or no bone?

#22 Garnoo

Garnoo

Spider

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • Interests:dunno

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:49 PM

Fluffy
Recommended def: 95
Minimum def: 90
Weapon:
- bone @ <90 att
- none @ >90 att

You should try w/ and w/o bone and see which way works better.

#23 bigkav

bigkav

Skeleton

• Members
  • 1169 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:59 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

During your time training Cyclops and Fluffy, take your Vitality to 20, then build your Reasoning to 16 and then your Instinct to 16.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feros
Recommended Inst: 16
Minimum def: 105
Weapon: none

just training on fluffs and planning my PPs. Cant see why you would raise Reasoning to 16 here tbh. Instinct makes sense, but why have reasoning 16 for the feros after?

building up to chims, it's recommended, not essential. (you'll stop training when you get to chims, terrible exp & useless unless you enjoy afking, botting or 2x spawn)

you'll possibly enjoy fluffs-feros, everything after that is downhill exp wise... doesn't really get much better after your off chims either, endless grind on yeti unless you feel like putting theeffort in and flee training LOrcs.

#24 Korrode

Korrode

Panda Bear

• Members
  • 3848 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:17 AM

just training on fluffs and planning my PPs. Cant see why you would raise Reasoning to 16 here tbh. Instinct makes sense, but why have reasoning 16 for the feros after?

Fair point tbh.
Probably better to take Inst straight to ~20 and then drop Reas during the Feros training in preparation for DCW & PK'ing.

You should try w/ and w/o bone and see which way works better.

Yeah.
If you're with Mortos, best choice will be bone.

...maybe not with Aluwen though, you'd need to test.

Edited by Korrode, 11 April 2010 - 02:19 AM.

#25 Korushiku

Korushiku

Beaver

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:55 PM

It depends of training style. I can say, that attributes from this guide works for me with a little bit higher coord, and after 48 coord with reas + inst. The reason is i always look for double spawns. It has advantage that u dont have to switch so often aluven-mortos, have more drops and even better exp if u calculate dmg per hit.

#26 OneForOne

OneForOne

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

Great guide!

Im halfway through fluffs right now and was wondering if it would be a bad idea to put 20 inst in now, it says to do it while on fero's but i dont see a downfall putting them in early, as long as i dont raise p/c past 28/44..

#27 GELND

GELND

White Rabbit

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:50 PM

Great guide!

Im halfway through fluffs right now and was wondering if it would be a bad idea to put 20 inst in now, it says to do it while on fero's but i dont see a downfall putting them in early, as long as i dont raise p/c past 28/44..

Instinct increases your charm, perception and reaction. None of these causes damage to the opponent. So I don't see why it would hurt to put the instinct in now... in fact, it seems to me it would help, because you would (obviously) take less damage because of higher reaction.
However, I'm not an expert, so I'll defer to folks with more knowledge (such as the author ^^).

#28 extrapolation

extrapolation

Spider

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

What could happen, depending on your levels, is that the fluffies begin to ignore you when you add that instinct. If they already ignore you then I don't see the harm in adding it now.

Edited by extrapolation, 14 May 2010 - 07:12 PM.

#29 Rhapsodist

Rhapsodist

Skunk

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar & reading books.

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

take 20/24 p/c and train on melinis triple ogres until 80 def
don't go to armed orcs they are RUBBISH

Edited by Winkz, 03 November 2010 - 01:28 AM.

#30 Korrode

Korrode

Panda Bear

• Members
  • 3848 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:23 AM

Edited the guide a little.

Some slight re-wording in the Criticals section, added some info about equipment stat modifiers in the Selecting Armor section and made Peach happy by changing the previously ultra conservative Feros def level recommendation.

...and a few other bits n pieces.

Edited by Korrode, 31 October 2010 - 08:35 AM.

#31 popeye

popeye

Leprechaun

• Members
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:HTC Evo! Android OS is nice. Evo's unreal.

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

Edited the guide a little.

Some slight re-wording in the Criticals section, added some info about equipment stat modifiers in the Selecting Armor section and made Peach happy by changing the previously ultra conservative Feros def level recommendation.

...and a few other bits n pieces.

Nice guide. Thanks for your time and effort.

#32 Korrode

Korrode

Panda Bear

• Members
  • 3848 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:16 PM

Edited the "Selecting training armor" section a bit adding some stuff related to the breaks system as it is atm.

The method of selecting training armor described there is now very important in regards to keeping your equipment breakages down.

#33 saxum

saxum

Boar

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • Interests:Computers (mostly UNIX-based), NFL football

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:06 AM

Firstly, take Reasoning 8 and Vitality 16.
Do not take any Will (ever) or any Instinct (at this point).

No one ever asked this so it must be obvious to them - why never take will? I am not primarily a fighter but still do not understand. Will helps to hit and gives more mana if you are going to train magic as well.

Edited by saxum, 31 January 2011 - 12:08 AM.

#34 Korrode

Korrode

Panda Bear

• Members
  • 3848 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:06 AM

Firstly, take Reasoning 8 and Vitality 16.
Do not take any Will (ever) or any Instinct (at this point).

No one ever asked this so it must be obvious to them - why never take will? I am not primarily a fighter but still do not understand. Will helps to hit and gives more mana if you are going to train magic as well.

Firstly, Will does not help to hit, it doesn't give Dexterity.

Will is the weakest attribute when strictly speaking about melee combat training.
Physique and Coordination are very strong attributes for reasons I hope would be obvious.
Reasoning and Instinct are the only way to increase your ability to hit and dodge once Coordination is capped, and at high level training increasing your hit and dodge ability beyond what Coordination provides is utterly essential. Once you get past ~120 a/d not having that extra hit/dodge ability would mean not being able to move on to higher mobs and would thus equate to reduced exp p/h compared to someone who can. Not to mention that even if you did keep training lower mobs where's the fun when you're 130's a/d and standing at an invasion watching 120's a/d'ers with good r/i pwning Yeti's but they still smash you to bits? Or when one of those 120'ers ruins you in PK cause you can't hit them and can't dodge their hits but they dodge most of yours? ;)

So really it just comes down to Will VS Vitality.

They both offer the same amount of mana, so for that they're the same.

Will offers Rationality and Vitality offers Charm. You're (eventually) going to heal plenty of health with the restore spell just from your magic level and the Rationality provided by Reasoning, so the difference primarily becomes:
Higher chance to summon an extra creature VS More devastating Harms and Mana Drains and a very slightly increased exp gain.

The offensive magic power and extra summon are mostly useless for a/d training, so at this stage Will looks like the better option from a training point of view due to the slightly increased exp (do remember we're talking slightly, it's +1 a/d exp per 3 rationality, it equates to a small percent to start with that quickly gets even smaller)

So now with Will having a slight lead we get to the key point:
Will's Matter VS Vitality's Toughness.

Vitality wins here because although Will provides 5 more health and increases the amount you restore by 5, Vitality will push your damage absorption ability during higher level training to the point where you often take no damage at all. Will can keep reducing the percentage of your total health that hits take off, but can never get that percentage to 0, Vitality can.

So at this point Vitality has a bit of a lead but you may still be thinking it's fairly "6 one, half a dozen the other"...

Then we factor in that when you absorb all damage your chance of breaking armour is massively reduced and consider that at high level training where expensive armour is needed it easily has the potential to save you millions of gc a year... and Vitality surges ahead as the clear victor.

---------------------
EDIT:
Added some stuff to the guide related to the new double FCW spawns.

Edited by Korrode, 31 January 2011 - 03:05 AM.

#35 Marnick

Marnick

Skunk

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:57 AM

Very nice guide, using this now to train my char.

Just one remark, I never see you increasing vit higher than 20.
Don't you need higher toughness for yeti/trices? My a/d is far below yeti lvl but I was just wondering :)

#36 Korrode

Korrode

Panda Bear

• Members
  • 3848 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:02 PM

Just one remark, I never see you increasing vit higher than 20.
Don't you need higher toughness for yeti/trices?

"need", no.
"preferable", yes.

On Yeti and LOrc taking vit above 20 is important primarily for decreasing armour breakages, and it will also reduce your resources used per exp gained.

Trice hits so hard that vit needs to be at like 40+ before the system where it reduces breakages kicks in.

#37 Korrode

Korrode

Panda Bear

• Members
  • 3848 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:40 AM

It's been brought to my attention that the Polar Bear had a stats change and is now stronger. Until someone who understands combat well tests training it and lets me know the deal, it's stricken from the guide.

#38 Elgoran

Elgoran

Skunk

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:30 AM

Greetings fellow fighters. :medieval:

After complimenting on the niceness of the guide, i'd like to ask something:
The ingame description of the evanescence perk implies that every entity in EL capable
of combat was endowed with a critical to dodge chance. I find this is not mentioned
in the criticals section of the guide, thus i conclude that critical to hit overrides
it, meaning it isn't checked for if a critical hit occurs. Is this correct?
And what about other special effects such as mirror skin, are they checked for on a
critical hit?
And since we're speaking of special effects in melee (e.g. a mirrored hit or a BoD effect):
Do those adhere a chance to break equipment?
Thanks in advance for your answers,

Elgoran.

#39 Korrode

Korrode

Panda Bear

• Members
  • 3848 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

The ingame description of the evanescence perk implies that every entity in EL capable of combat was endowed with a critical to dodge chance. I find this is not mentioned in the criticals section of the guide, thus i conclude that critical to hit overrides it, meaning it isn't checked for if a critical hit occurs. Is this correct?

No, it is checked for.

Evanescence effect (critical-to-dodge) can make you dodge a critical-to-hit.

And what about other special effects such as mirror skin, are they checked for on a critical hit?

Yes they are, you can mirror a critical-to-hit.

And since we're speaking of special effects in melee (e.g. a mirrored hit or a BoD effect):
Do those adhere a chance to break equipment?

For BoD effect to happen, BoD has to hit, and since changes to the breaks system a while back, even when all damage is absorbed on a hit there is still a chance to break. So if BoD effect occurs, a hit occurred, so there'd be a chance. If without the 150 damage the normal damage (BoD's base 20-30 dmg) would have been all absorbed, and thus you are subject to the less-break-chance calculation, whether or not the BoD's +150 effect would make you subject to the higher-break-chance calculation, i'm not sure... we can never really be 100% sure about that unless radu tells us.

As for mirror, i'm not sure. If i had to bet one way or the other i'd say that no, you can't break stuff from a mirrored hit. But i'm really not sure on that one.

Thanks in advance for your answers,

You're welcome.

#40 saxum

saxum

Boar

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • Interests:Computers (mostly UNIX-based), NFL football

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

As for mirror, i'm not sure. If i had to bet one way or the other i'd say that no, you can't break stuff from a mirrored hit. But i'm really not sure on that one.

When I first started hunting hawks I often had items broken due to hawk's mirror effect. I could tell it was the mirror effect due to amount of damage which was done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users