Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Sound FX bug reports

I have now fixed a bug which caused hopefully all of these problems. It is in CVS now and will be in the new client. It will be in RC3 if there is one.

I recommend we revisit this topic once people have the updated client.

Theres also a sound bug i noticed. (not really a problem imo but i'd think it would be good to tell this.

In the ogres spawn in Melinis, you won't hear ogres making sounds while fighting. "Same for other people that train there. It sounds like it has been disabled there.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

The sound warnings defined in sound_warnings.txt are not triggered by channel tags

So if I set

alert4 =  @ 1234

in my sound_warnings.txt the sound is not played if someone posts in that channel, but it is played if the text @ 1234 appears outside of the channel tag.

The sound warnings defined in sound_warnings.txt are not triggered by channel tags

The channel tags as they appear in the console are not sent by the server in that format and hence aren't parsed in the text processing routine.

The client doesn't know about channel 3 being market channel or channel 6 being invasions, it only knows about channels 1, 2 and 3 being the 3 channels you can join at any one time. The messages sent from the server are sent with an integer representing the channel (1-3/GM/Mod etc) and the text of the message.

Enabling warnings based on the channel would require some additional code to check the channel number (1-4M?) of the joined channel (1-3) of the incoming message, and would probably be better suited to an alternative configuration method as it isn't direct text processing.