Eternal Lands Official Forums
eagleprince

Wannabe crafter needs advice

i have made 24560 vials and broke 9 vial molds. That is one mold per 2700 vials. When a mold costs 8000gc, that is almost 3gc per vial, just for the breaking of tools.

While the exp is very nice, the vials become pretty expensive.

2 quartz + 1 fe + break rate + food = 4gc + 3.5gc + 3gc + 1.2gc = 11.7gc per vial!

It is much cheaper to buy them for 5gc at npc or 6gc from market

I have made from level 62 to 72 making thread and vials.

Only made few rings for own use.

I have made more than 50k vials for own use and for friends.

Most molds last more than 5k vials, on this counter have I made 4k vials and no broken molds - but I remember I broke one after less than 100 vials.

I make the FE I use, buy most of the sulfur, nothing else.

On this counter have I 46k FE and 7 EFEs, I think it pay the molds I might break :(

I use fruit and toads when I make FE.

I bring FE, food and mold to the quartz harvesting, I use feasting pots and fruit - saving some feasting pots because I eat fruit before I start harvest.

I think vials are the best way to level crafting, but maybe not if you have low levels - it could be the reason for many broken molds.

For me do they only cost some sulfur and feasting pots.

And I use the astro.

i have made 24560 vials and broke 9 vial molds. That is one mold per 2700 vials. When a mold costs 8000gc, that is almost 3gc per vial, just for the breaking of tools.

2 quartz + 1 fe + break rate + food = 4gc + 3.5gc + 3gc + 1.2gc = 11.7gc per vial!

Why do people say exp from vials are good ?

Polishing sapphires gives double the base exp and are the same crafting level so if exp from vials are good then exp from crafting sapphires are great and cost a lot less money.

Since I make all the ingreds or harvest them, they vials end up costing me only the 3gc or so

I wouldn't say vials are great for crafting exp per se, but they sure are good if you get through as many potion as I do.

Crafting potion itself note excepted. That really helps in making half a dozen rings you probably wouldn't make profitably on your level alone.

Totally agree. Gem polishing is good, but I have found recently that bomb_shop in Nordcarn buy emeralds at 22gp polished. This is not only good exp but highly profitable.

Best place to harvest emeralds is the island off Tarsengaard, once the secret route is discovered.

As along as you have blue quartz and sapphire mining, portland is the place to work from as all the ingreds for water essences are within short trips.

Magic shop in Idaloran buys polished gems (polished saphires at 22.5gcs). The nice thing about it is you can sell your polished saphires and buy more sanding paper from the same NPC.

I don't think vials are worth making really.

Following Zarin is a must too if you want to level up crafting quickly.

If you're into making bars, keep your polished saphires and turn them into moon medallions. They are stackable and glacmor magic shop will buy them at 170gcs each.

Edited by hussam

I figured someone should mention this on here.

There is now a new daily quest which gives 100gc and some crafting xp for batches of IP rings or batches or WS rings. Those are only two options. To say the least though, making those rings makes alot more sense now.

Making gold rings and gold medallions in PV gold mine is pretty good. Rat bones to eat inside, shrooms outside, fruit not too far outside and flowers near storage. The sulfur, gold and coal are inside the cave. There is/was (not sure if it still has one or not) a RIVA support bot there.

Anyone know if there is still a trade bot in PV gold mine?

Trade bot Islena is still in PV South Cave (gold/sulfur/coal cave).

Prices on some requested rings by NPC in GP are too low for Naralik rings to make much money on them. Three gem papers add up quickly to make polished diamonds. Wish NPC paid different prices for rings but I guess NPC's do not need to pay attention to market prices.

I prefer Zirak gold mine. Red snaps and roses upstairs and rest in mine including fruit. Toads not far. Four bots in mine now and quick boat to AA to store items.

Edited by saxum