Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

El Client Developers Website.

Hmz. Well, Cicero wants to make official EL client website at http://elc.berlios.de/ so I've made small

project of this website here: http://teh banned 0n3na.xpam.de/el/test/.

And I would like to as developers and your, guys, what do you think.

This is made a'la el.com, how all that stuff is ordered on site - I've followed Cicero's idea since it is

his site. ;-)

Regards.

Mistake. Anyway I think if Cicero will accept it he will put something else there. This is only test content.

Regards.

Hehe, yes I've noticed that you did some temporary thingie so I just worked it out.

Let me know if you download it (there are 4 files: elcbanner.gif, index.html, favicon.ico and style.css)

so I can remove it from my server. ;)

EDIT: Mmm ok, anyway it would look alot better if it would be centered and additional column could

be added to divide menu from content also few <br> below header...

Regards.

I'd change css file to

A:link {

COLOR: #fdd580; TEXT-DECORATION: none

}

A:visited {

COLOR: #fdd580; TEXT-DECORATION: none;

}

A:hover {

COLOR: #ffa500; TEXT-DECORATION: none

}

A:active {

FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: #fdbd79

}

.body {

FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: verdana,arial

}

so the default clours wouldn't kill users eye (in my case blue & violet on brown...) and the hover work when it has the colour set.

[edit]hvisited ?@! *slaps himself*[/edit]

Apparently I'm talking to myself...

Does anyone want to write/rewrite instructions for compiling the client on Windows? Include a bit on how to use a CVS client for windows, and build instructions for VC and Dev-C.

heh, the latest version of dev-cpp got buildtin cvs support (just need the commandline cvs tools). it works wonders if all you want to do is to pull down the latest cvs and compile it (its a bit buggy or something when it comes to anything other then a checkout tho :blink: ).

Ie. the login... anyway, the cvs client for windows is the cvs client for everything else...just tell them how to get EL, and for more info point them to a HOWTO/manpage. Make should probably be explained too... (Dev-Cpp autogen = teh sux).

Anyway, maybe I'd like to write the make and cvs explatations, and using gcc (mingw) for win32 (there ARE masochist Wingdows users)...maybe dev-dpp too :rolleyes: .

Hmz? It adds extra libs, from what I've seen... maybe that's something in my system though...