Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eagleprince

What is it about alch....

I have just noticed that of all the skills, alchemy is the only one where the top two have not been displaced since I started playing almost two years ago!

If alch is so easy as many claim, why is this so? Bear in mind that alch is probably the only godless skill...(engineering doesn't count...IMO, it's just manu renamed! :hehe: )

Why then is it so hard to overtake these guys?

Alchemy is fast and cheap exp, imho fastest aside from a/d, so top players reached crazy high lvls with it.

Thats why its very hard for some1 new to surpass them, same like its almost impossible to surpass me in defense anytime soon( and i didnt make any def lvls in weeks :hehe: ).

mp

Alchemy is also the only skill that doesnt require any nexus
While you are right, that is merely an illusion.

Unless you want to spend your life making FEs, which will hardly advance you in this skill, you will almost certainly have to spend PPs on inorganic, unless you have $$ to burn. As far as I'm concerned, it's more or less impossible to separate harvesting from alch.

Alchemy is fast and cheap exp, imho fastest aside from a/d, so top players reached crazy high lvls with it.

Thats why its very hard for some1 new to surpass them, same like its almost impossible to surpass me in defense anytime soon( and i didnt make any def lvls in weeks :P ).

mp

I think the reason is that alch produces some heavily used items for which there is never shortage of demand. I wonder how many HEs, AEs and FEs are consumed in a day! With the ability to buy nexuses, you can imagine how much alch XP is potentially available if you make all the FEs, steel and iron bars, and finally the hydros themselves, from scratch. Having said that, I wouldn't call it easy, even if I concede the point about nexus non-requirement. And, in any case, you can buy those anyway :D.

I think it's purely down to the huge demand for alchable items.....

Bear in mind that alch is probably the only godless skill...(engineering doesn't count...IMO, it's just manu renamed! :D )

Why then is it so hard to overtake these guys?

Uhm, harvesting doesn't have a god yet (well, not one you can take), and neither does potion. And for the record, I doubt anyone is going to pass Ermabwed in potion any time soon. :P

lilcnoot/lilbear

lol, erma IS the god of potion! :P

As for alchemy, the ings for the essences are very easy to come by, it's not very hard to get ings for 10k LEs, for example. (I have a few times, takes a day or two) and it would give (me atleast) 570k or so experince after fineshing mixing.

~kGn

Maybe you would like to know :

The counter I have now, started at 2007-03-14 :

Fire essence 232814

Water essence 93804

Air essence 69853

Steel bar 52197

Health essence 48958

Energy essence 47334

Earth essence 36871

Matter essence 32093

Magic essence 26217

Spirit essence 10191

Mercury 9796

Iron bar 8053

Death essence 6455

Life essence 6342

Titanium bar 1200

Other less then 1k of each

as you can see do I not go after high xp, but make what I need for my other skills.

I think the secret is, that my emu is very high and I alc in the mine.

I mine most of what I need.

I make can 90 steel bars or 700 EnE each trip, so saving a lot of time because I don't need to go to storage so often.

I can still make a level in a little more than a month.

My alc. level is now 121 or 127054248 xp .

I played 2 years and 3 or 4 months.

Most of my levels are made from alching FE,WE iron, steel, silver and gold bars for manu and crafting.

And it's not very different from harvesting afk.

It's easy to watch tv, read forum, play another game, drink coffee or what I have to do in the house at same time.

I never tried to be #1, it just happened. :confused:

Steel bar 52197

52,000*45= 2,340,000 GC

Free st00f plx?

But seriously, as you can see from this and other numbers, These high levels come from work, work, and more work (the steel bars by themselves are nearly 500k iron ore :confused: ) I guess if you spent all your time alching, you could pass one of these people, as they probably balance alching with pking/training/other skills.

-Shuj

(PS Zami, nice counters :lurker: )

Steel bar 52197

52,000*45= 2,340,000 GC

Free st00f plx?

But seriously, as you can see from this and other numbers, These high levels come from work, work, and more work (the steel bars by themselves are nearly 500k iron ore :confused: ) I guess if you spent all your time alching, you could pass one of these people, as they probably balance alching with pking/training/other skills.

-Shuj

(PS Zami, nice counters :lurker: )

445136 iron ore harvested on this counter.

And most of it used for s2es for hydro, bought 14 nexus.

So no gc left :(

Oh, and I have 11760 yetis and 7744 mchims on same counter so I don't mine all the time B)

As for alchemy, the ings for the essences are very easy to come by, it's not very hard to get ings for 10k LEs, for example. (I have a few times, takes a day or two) and it would give (me atleast) 570k or so experince after fineshing mixing.

i did 10k LE when the artificer perk STILL EXISTED, i made about 14 ELE in 10k LE :D and it got me some major levels and a rosto :D so i agree with yo uthere

I find Alchemy quite simple cause i can pop 10k~+ he a day :icon13: All thanks to the proud sellers of silver to agneum. So technicly you dont need nexus in inorg to do alchemy :P just spend money to make money

I love alchemy <3

I think it gets levels like crazy fast...not to mention gold coinage :)

Yes, harvesting does suck sometimes but not too bad.

My alch level is more than 2x all of my others so I'd say it's pretty easy. Then again, I don't really do anything else but alch.

~KeLSey~

hmm i dnt alch all the time but mostly after resets, like befoere a reset i usually sell all my PK st00f which is round 150kgc+ n after that i buy lots of bones/silver/chrys, by the time i alched 10kHEs thts 40oa

my alc atm is 65 and i only alc anymore when i need to make myself some HEs which i usually do in batches of 5k+ and my oa atm is 69 going on 70 which i gained mostly thru alching/training :) but thats just my 2 cents

~bigk

I myself have a level 72 alchemy.. and I have to say I do find alchemy to be an easy skill. I mean I do nothing but make he's I on average sell on slow days when I don;t feel like buying or harvesting silver I sell 1k he's a day but then there is somedays I'll sell 10k he's a day so the demand for he's is very very high.. so the amount of he's used in one day would be very very high

I make HEs usually for myself but theres been some days when i just couldnt be bothered with a/d training or PKing so i made 20k HEs lol but im always in need of bones, IEDP perk see and its fast cheap exp and a little profit even if u buy the ings

~bigk

i did 10k LE when the artificer perk STILL EXISTED, i made about 14 ELE in 10k LE :) and it got me some major levels and a rosto :mace: so i agree with yo uthere

Actually the perk still exists... you just cant take it anymore :P

Right now I am at lvl 83 alc. I started playing EL in august of 07'.

I also have lvls

67 Harvest

60s A/D

I have OA 73 right now but I had 2 resets, reset at ~50s OA and another reset at OA 82.

Alc is a great way to gain OAs but gets harder when you get over 70s OA IMO.

It feels good that I am about to break a top 200 rank in alc.

It is by far my favorate skill in EL.

Lets not forget how rich my character is due to all the alc work.

Unlike most people that move on alcing other stuff I stuck with FEs for a VERY LONG TIME lol.

These counters were from about 1 month ago. I dont have a more updated one cause my computer died and I am playing on the laptop but I might have made more FEs than almost everyone in the game ever I think. hehe

alcstatsforme.jpg

Edited by Paul Brown

These counters were from about 1 month ago. I dont have a more updated one cause my computer died and I am playing on the laptop but I might have made more FEs than almost everyone in the game ever I think. hehe

I bet you're very wrong on that, except with a very generous understanding of "almost everyone" :o

I bet you're very wrong on that, except with a very generous understanding of "almost everyone" :)

I have never met anyone so far that has made 220,000 fire essences yet.

So in general I think it is safe to say that I HAVE made more fire essences than MOST people in EL.

I would even say it is safe to say that not even 85% or higher have not made that many and that would definatly constitute saying ALMOST EVERYONE.

Can you show even show me even 100 people that have done so? I would be surprised if so.

I have never met anyone so far that has made 220,000 fire essences yet.

This topic, page 1, Zamirah's post, over 232k of FEs :)

Yes, but that doesnt count as most of EL lol. :)