Eternal Lands Official Forums

To harvest hydro you don't need big emu: to carry 30 s2e and some ess, 2 pickaxes, etc... 300 emu is enough.

In the last two years I had an emu from 760 to 860 (now is 840 cause coord cap) and it worked well :wub:

I think a sensible minimum would be around 600, less may become a nuisance when you're going to smelt bars or do some metalworking. Generally I consider manufacturing (and, to some extent, engineering) to be the most EMU-hungry skills - the more you're interested in those the more EMU you should aim for.

Edited by Lotheneil

summoning is a very emu-hungry skill, if you want to do stones. >200emu a stone, no matter which one o.o

if you want to do a lot of summoning stones, get more emu, more emu, more emu...

800+ emu, if you want to be able to level faster/hold more ings.

20/20 will/reasoning will be nice exp, and help a little towards training a/d if you decide to do that as well.

i have 440 emu, because training on ogres now, less emu->less matter->slow killing->more exp.

and i not need more, for harvesting and mixing,

i have 440 emu, because training on ogres now, less emu->less matter->slow killing->more exp.

and i not need more, for harvesting and mixing,

You mean Might. Matter is for your Material Points. :D

260 emu is pro

No, 960 emu is pr0 :whistle:

High EMU is very nice for on site mixing and summoning stones.

I think a sensible minimum is somewhere inbetween 600 and 700.

If u dont plan to harvest/mule ings much keep 20 will or even more, but from my experience if u r a mixer u will need huge emu and that +1,2,3 exp each item u make is really nothing, so i would go for 960 emu asap :whistle:

You really don't need too high of an emu is your working efficiently. If your lugging every single ingredient back to storage before you make anything, high EMU or no, your not working fast. Taking the lightest ing to the heaviest always works best 9 times out of 10.

Like summoning, you don't need 200 EMU just to make one stone, that's ridiculous. Take your LEs and what not to the gypsum. That's the only heavy ing, the rest and the stones themselves are light.

Same thing with iron, steel bars... there are places where coal and iron are right near each other, just take some FEs and feasts and your good to go. I have 420 EMU and in one trip from storage I can make: 120 iron bars; 400 matt ess; 220 empty vials; and I forget how many stones I can do in a trip to the gypsum, 20 or so I think. I train every skill, and my EMU has never been an issue, which is good because I also like to fight. ideally I can see myself in the 550-650 range, but it's certainly not urgent.

hmm idk if what you've said warrants a ~1.6 year old thread necro :)

Well, I found the input helpful. There are other people who can benefit from posting advice than just the original poster. =)

It is better to Necro a thread with a usefull comment then to have multiple repeat threads though.

Well, since it's already necroed.... the higher the emu, the better for you - so many benefits from the emu boost. Having said that, as a true rounder you'll want to be training a/d as well - and having high p/c will be a serious hinderance until you get to cycs/lions or better (even then, high phys isn't wanted until desert chims or better). Best bet is to not beef up p/c (esp phys) until you've done some serious a/d levelling, then your PPs put there will be great for your training and for hauling. Trying to level ogres with high p/c is a nightmare (did it with an alt).

My euro 2 cents...

Well fine then necro it is, might as well add something useful.

In regards to the original post; In current-day EL i don't suggest a "Will build" to anyone except complete non-fighters (EDIT: well, and mages ;p). Ya even all-rounders shouldn't take a Will build.

Toughness does more than just reduce damage a bit... a lot more; if you train a/d at all, u want Vit.

Edited by Korrode

Will is attribute which gives lowest combat lvl. And compared to e.g. instinct, it helps even if you are far beyond the recommended lvls for a creature. So it is not useful for 'normal' fighters. But ii think that some fighters have use for will =)

Greetz

Beol