Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burn

Report the Little Bugs Now for fixing in 1.9.5

Dra syn beach - the whole area you are not able to range - even though there is nothing obvious in the way.

Catching up everything since my last post:

- WS buildings - already fixed along with earlier similar WS building report

- PV 35,151 - fixed walk through tree

- Sedi 31,130 - fixed walk through rock

- SKF 47,134 - fixed walk through rock

- KJ temple map 137,102 - fix walkable tile that shouldn't be

- AA 356,124 - fixed could walk through the row of daffodils outside storage

- Trassian Beach Ranging issues - Added to my *check into further* list, there's no easy fix for this. Combo of height tiling and the snow mounds that the ground is made of, and server coding of how ranging works that didn't exist when the map was originally made.

On further study and testing on Test server, the ranging issues on Trassian beach may be indicative of a bug in the code that determines path to the target. Submitted to radu.

Can walk inside wooden stand wall: You are in White Stone - You're in White Stone City [204,640]

Already fixed while fixing all the poorly placed red "curtains" on the stage earlier today.

See, now that's speed, getting it done before it's even posted. :-P

Hmmm, that's an odd one. Not marked as walkable on current map, and I know the current map is on the server so it's not a conflicted map.

There's nothing about that map file that should allow walking there. :-/

Walkable on Test server, which hasn't rebooted since the 1.9.4 maps were put on it, so it's not something someone changed without my knowing either.

A "hole" like that usually indicates the client and server have different maps, where it's walkable on the server version but not the client. That isn't the case here though.

This is truly odd.

Hmmm, that's an odd one. Not marked as walkable on current map, and I know the current map is on the server so it's not a conflicted map.

There's nothing about that map file that should allow walking there. :-/

You should play it safe and double check the location on the server just-in-case a server map is out of date. This can happen easily during map updates, missing one or two.

As mentioned, it's happening on Test as well, which hasn't been updated since the release.

Irin has a couple major changes, the most noticeable being the new "no-magic" PK arena. If it were an old map on the server, that arena area would cause issues as well.

Actually, the whole map would be a disaster, as I did some massive tweaking to the height tiling all over the map as (thanks to the snow making it difficult to see) the tiling was very, very bad in places.

An old server map would be 1.9.3, and would be showing *much* worse than this single location.

You are in Aeth Aelfan, the Elven Homeland [258,56]

You are in Aeth Aelfan, the Elven Homeland [258,55]

You can walk inside rock

That was nasty when i was pinning dragon on that spot, ranged it down, then wonder where is my bag, thought first someone bagjumped me invis, but soon realized the bag dropped inside rock, saw it there on low camera angle :bow_arrow:

(Sidenote: i am not sure can it use as pin spot if it fixed, that is sad, because no other spots nearby)

You are in Aeth Aelfan, the Elven Homeland [258,56]

You are in Aeth Aelfan, the Elven Homeland [258,55]

You can walk inside rock

Fixed along with another similar rock scenario further up on the map.

Missing music (music cuts out):

Isla Prima Spider Cave around "You are in Portland Cave [42,28]" (apparently [*,30] and south).

Isla Prima Tavern around "You are in Isla Prima Insides - Pula's Tavern [13,29]" (apparently [*,29]).

I think that the PV sulphur/coal/gold cave also has a spot where the music cuts out (against a wall between the sulphur and coal), but I haven't been there in a while, so it may have been fixed.

Not sure if this is still needed... but:

You are in Arius - The Magic School Garden [51,334]
You almost completely vanish in a rock.

White Stone little bug. If you use exit in WS manufacturing school (map WS insides, [211,197]), you appear behind the blacksmith shop WS  Lakeside Village [567,141], not at the school entrance (WS Lakeside Village [567,121]).