Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burn

Info Gathering: Where do you lag while walking maps?

This is only gathering info for possible cleaning up of some maps for a future release (not the coming 1.9.4), so please don't expect any instant results.

I'm looking for people with "slower/older" computers who, when walking around on certain maps, your FPS drops significantly, by at least 10 or more.

What I need: What maps do you lag on, and where (coordinates)? What is your FPS normally, and what does it drop to in each area?

Some maps, like Morcraven, Kusa, and WVF are well-known to have this issue. For those, specify coordinates where you notice it's the "worst". A couple spots only is needed, I'm needing example areas, not detailed info.

For other maps, specify the map and what area (provide coordinates of one spot where you definitely notice the FPS drop). EVTR red forest? Zirak forest area? Somewhere on WS? DP woods?

This is a long-term gathering of info, so there's no need to immediately go there and check. But keep this in mind, and when you happen to be in or near an area you're aware of, check it then and provide info when you can.

I am looking to attempt to clear up some of this for a later 1.9.5 release, but can't guarantee anything as the general map design may prevent it. Some I may be able to fix, others I may just be able to reduce the FPS drop at best. It depends on the map and what The Powers That Be (mostly Acelon in this case, hehe) will agree to for map changes.

*without rain* I can't do anything about rain, just the maps themselves, so try and check when it's clear skies. ;-)

Side note about rain: In the 1.9.4 client you can disable rain etc (only the VISIBLE graphic effect, NOT effects like acid rain of course) in Options -> GFX -> Show Weather Effects

Lag alot walking through MM near Fort Hallgan. My FPS drop from 70 to 20 everytime I walk through the swamp area in MM. Stopped walking at 100,155

Norad