Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Domino

Beware when trading with LightPresent

I had to sell some creature food, i checked bots and LP was buying 2700 for 81gc each. So i made 3 trips selling 900 cf each time, but only after i finish i noticed LP dropped the price each time:

[14:27:33] [PM from LightPresent: I am buying up to 2721 Creature food for 81.1 gc each.]

[14:27:34] [PM from LightPresent: I owe you: 72990gc (/LightPresent #total to see the details)]
[14:33:09] [PM from LightPresent: I am buying up to 1821 Creature food for 78 gc each.]
[14:33:11] [PM from LightPresent: I owe you: 70200gc (/LightPresent #total to see the details)]
[14:34:11] [PM from LightPresent: I am buying up to 921 Creature food for 75 gc each.]
[14:34:13] [PM from LightPresent: I owe you: 67500gc (/LightPresent #total to see the details)]
After that LP was buying for 60gc! So be careful when trading with this bot else you might notice only when it's too late that your hard work was underpayed.

This is the screenshot : http://i60.tinypic.com/2r7os4o.png

Supply and demand laws. If have my sto full of creature food, I lower the price in my bot (anyway I have the required potion level and nexuses to mix CF myself). The bot says the actual price before buying/selling an item so it doesn't underpay the customers: you have the last word, you can cancel at every stage of the trade.

That sound weird, i never notice that kind thing before in any bot, and it sounds very unfair behaviour to me :inquisitive: , because many of us check price only one time from greypal, etc site, and then start muling, who would except that price start going down after that?

Sometimes, the customer has no good intentions. He/she can fill your bot selling BIG amounts of one item, or taking advantage of a sudden price change in the market to make profit, or even filling your bot selling small amounts of many items until the bot has no free slots.

I'm not saying Domino had bad intentions, I can't guess it. But if I saw in the last days several players are fillling my bot's EMU with one item it's normal the price goes down to avoid that item and I think every smart bot owner would do the same.

Edited by Susje

Susje, you are wrong in this case, if you dont want someone sell you big amount stuff at once, then dont make your bot buy big amount. because now it's rather scamming unwary ppl.

I haven't said that. I want people sell big amounts to my bots but not infinite amounts. I have not infinite gc (only Radu has infinite gc in EL). An example:

Imagine you are a bot owner and your bot buys CF for 85gc each. One day, a player fills the amount you are buying. You unload the bot and lower the price to 83. The next day, another player fill it again. You unload and lower to 81. The other bots are buying for 85 each and even 87. The next day, another player fill it again. How weird! The price is insanely low, lower than the ings but the players keep selling.... Strange, doesn't it?

Edited by Susje

Supply and demand laws. If have my sto full of creature food, I lower the price in my bot (anyway I have the required potion level and nexuses to mix CF myself). The bot says the actual price before buying/selling an item so it doesn't underpay the customers: you have the last word, you can cancel at every stage of the trade.

Yes, you set the price accordingly with what you need, but this time the change was pretty subtle. When the bot say "I am buying up to 2721 Creature food for 81.1 gc each." you actually expect that he pays 81.1gc for each cf, but that is not the case. You can sell 960 gf max in one trade and each trade the price is lower. It's this subtle change that i find unfair - and dangerous considering that the price went down 25% after 3 trades. Somebody who doesn't expect unnatural behavior won't notice the change - and that's how scamming works most of the time.

The part with filling the bot i don't understand... you decide how much to buy/sell and for what price. If you buy all that you wanted than you should be happy. I really don't understand what is the problem if somebody sells you for a really cheap price and and you can resell for better. And when i checked the market the bots paying better were only buying like 50 cf.

I haven't said that. I want people sell big amounts to my bots but not infinite amounts. I have not infinite gc (only Radu has infinite gc in EL). An example:

Imagine you are a bot owner and your bot buys CF for 85gc each. One day, a player fills the amount you are buying. You unload the bot and lower the price to 83. The next day, another player fill it again. You unload and lower to 81. The other bots are buying for 85 each and even 87. The next day, another player fill it again. How weird! The price is insanely low, lower than the ings but the players keep selling.... Strange, doesn't it?

Now you talk totally different case. "next day"...but when same person mule stuff from sto to bot, and price drop after every load. that is is totally different thing.

Think EL market like the real life stock market. In the real life, a price can change every second. You don't say "hey, I bought some stock shares but they are expensive. I thought they are cheaper. It's not my fault! Give me back my money!"

Greypal's and other bots price website are NOT accurate. Their actualization rate can be 15 minutes or even more. The only accurate price is the price the bot says to you in the trade window PERIOD

Greypal has not the fault, other websites owners dont' have the fault, I don't have the fault for changing my prices when I want.

The bot says initially that it pays 81.1 gc each for 2721 CF, but obviously that is not the case. Within 7 minutes the bot lowered the price to 75 gc, before the 2721 CF were sold. The least you could have done is pm-ed Domino and warned him that you were lowering the price due to market forces. If you don't want to have someone sell you 2700 CF, then why do you advertise it is buying that much?! This subtle price change makes more than 8k gc difference, and meanwhile you make a nice profit (still).

p.s. This post reflects my personal opinion and is no way an official statement.

The bot says initially that it pays 81.1 gc each for 2721 CF, but obviously that is not the case. Within 7 minutes the bot lowered the price to 75 gc, before the 2721 CF were sold. The least you could have done is pm-ed Domino and warned him that you were lowering the price due to market forces. If you don't want to have someone sell you 2700 CF, then why do you advertise it is buying that much?! This subtle price change makes more than 8k gc difference, and meanwhile you make a nice profit (still).

p.s. This post reflects my personal opinion and is no way an official statement.

I appreciate every personal opinion, but I think your opinion has changed too much with the years. Some years ago, you thinked in another way.

Something that happened some years ago: I was training engineering doing saltpeter. My emu was low and my harvesting level was low too, harvesting and carrying dung to the sto was not a good option so I bought dung in several bots for some days. One day, I tried to buy dung in Evilshalo (owned by Maxine) but I couldn't, I was banned in the bot. I PMed Maxine to ask the reason and she told me "I banned you because you buy too much dung in my bot. The other players need dung too". I was a kind of wtf??? :omg: Banned for buying too much? Maxine didn't ask before banning me, she banned without warning and without asking why I was buying dung.

Did Alphabet asked my opinion before selling to my bots tons of enriched essies, binding, serpent stones (he bought a new char and flooded the market with the items the last owner was hoarding for years). No, of course he didn't ask before

Did Orick asked before selling many rdholams (he bought all the rdholams in the bots for weeks and when the price went up, sold all) to the bots in a lapse of 10 minutes? No, of course he didn't.

I must be careful with the bad people trying to make profit with dirty tricks, but at the same time I must warn the customers before change a price in my bots? Are you joking? You do whatever you want in your bot and don't warn or ask the opinion to the rest of players. Why I must do something different to that?

By the way, I bought in my bots nearly 22K creature food only this month. So... Buying 2700 is a raindrop in a sea. I have no problem for buying that amount.

Edited by Susje

I appreciate every personal opinion, but I think your opinion has changed too much with the years. Some years ago, you thinked in another way.

Something that happened some years ago: I was training engineering doing saltpeter. My emu was low and my harvesting level was low too, harvesting and carrying dung to the sto was not a good option so I bought dung in several bots for some days. One day, I tried to buy dung in Evilshalo (owned by Maxine) but I couldn't, I was banned in the bot. I PMed Maxine to ask the reason and she told me "I banned you because you buy too much dung in my bot. The other players need dung too". I was a kind of wtf??? :omg: Banned for buying too much? Maxine didn't ask before banning me, she banned without warning and without asking why I was buying dung.

Did Alphabet asked my opinion before selling to my bots tons of enriched essies, binding, serpent stones (he bought a new char and flooded the market with the items the last owner was hoarding for years). No, of course he didn't ask before

Did Orick asked before selling many rdholams (he bought all the rdholams in the bots for weeks and when the price went up, sold all) to the bots in a lapse of 10 minutes? No, of course he didn't.

I must be careful with the bad people trying to make profit with dirty tricks, but at the same time I must warn the customers before change a price in my bots? Are you joking? You do whatever you want in your bot and don't warn or ask the opinion to the rest of players. Why I must do something different to that?

By the way, I bought in my bots nearly 22K creature food only this month. So... Buying 2700 is a raindrop in a sea. I have no problem for buying that amount.

Then why did you change the price while he selling? It's really scummy and sounds like you were pulling a fast one. Just one more reason to avoid your bots.

*My opinions are mine alone and in no way reflect the staff, managements or owners opinions.

I didn't change the price WHILE he was selling. I changed the price AFTER every single trade ended. A single word is important to understand a phrase.

I could ban Domino, or his entire guild, or even doing to him a Gestapo-style third degree interrogation about the reason for selling so much CF but my decision was changing the price and today I think was the correct one.

If you prefer avoiding my bots, perfect for me :icon13: . I have many customers, won't miss you. The players sell to me even buying for a lower price than the other bots!!!! :laugh:

Personal opinion:

Yes, you did change the price after each trade. I seriously hope that the bot code doesn't allow you to change the price during a trade...

Otoh, you did that twice in the space of a few minutes, long before he had sold the 2700+ CF the bot originally asked for. And it's not as if CF is the cheapest item on the bot.

You have your way of dealing with your trade partners, and it's within the game rules, afaik. All I can say to that is 'good luck'.

(Well, I could say more, but then I'd have to moderate my own post for language)

I didn't change the price WHILE he was selling. I changed the price AFTER every single trade ended. A single word is important to understand a phrase.

I could ban Domino, or his entire guild, or even doing to him a Gestapo-style third degree interrogation about the reason for selling so much CF but my decision was changing the price and today I think was the correct one.

If you prefer avoiding my bots, perfect for me :icon13: . I have many customers, won't miss you. The players sell to me even buying for a lower price than the other bots!!!! :laugh:

Yes, exactly, and I truely believe that after the first price change and he didn't notice, you really dropped the price to hose Domino.

Until now, I've never ran into a businessman that said I don't need customers.

Edited by Aquila

Yes, exactly, and I truely believe that after the first price change and he didn't notice, you really dropped the price to hose Domino.

Until now, I've never ran into a businessman that said I don't need customers.

Don't put words in my mouth I haven't said. Read it better. I said I don't need Maxine as customer if she prefers avoiding my bot. I banned her when "scammerx" joined her guild and don't missed her at all.

Edited by Susje

Omg! In "1984" novel there was the Tought Police. Don't think bad or else.... :lipssealed:

Soon in EL the Price Police. You must send your bot's price list every week to us before and will aprove it (or not). You are NOT the bot owner, we are... :stare:

Pretty sure it wasnt your main that this happened with, and also pretty sure I told the player they could trade me at Nara sto for same price in bulk. Didn''t have you banned, but rectified that, so next time I am selling cheap dis rings you cant buy them up and resell them on your bot for more.

Pretty sure it wasnt your main that this happened with, and also pretty sure I told the player they could trade me at Nara sto for same price in bulk. Didn''t have you banned, but rectified that, so next time I am selling cheap dis rings you cant buy them up and resell them on your bot for more.

Many years passed from that ban, but i'm pretty sure you banned me (not an alt) and you don't gave me another option. I bought dung after that, but in another bots and later started to harvest it (tough slowly). Maybe tomorrow I dive in my logs to find that convo. I don't know if I have it yet.

The only thing I want to say is: we are not perfect. We make mistakes everyday. If I had ban Domino this post would be "Susje is a bad man, he banned me without a reason". If had cancel the trade "Susje is bad, he cancelled my trade without a reason". If had stop buying CF "Why that evil Susje is not buying CF anymore?". Always there is people with a reason to criticize you, whatever you do, right or wrong

Edited by Susje

rofl Just put in a warning message on your bot that prices may change after trades. Then nobody can say they were not warned.

Susje: maybe you could sell the CF back at him for the prices your bot gave to him and everyone is happy again ....