Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rabbitman

New Summoning Daily

After doing the new summoning quest a few times, I started to think about how to make it a bit more fun and involved than dumping furs from storage to npc for xp. There was a bit of a discussion on 6 about the topic, which i have copied and pasted below. The general idea is to either add tasks to the possibilies to the current summoning daily or make a new daily entirely. The tasks would be to kill some number of mobs with your summons, similar to Haidir.

I.e. Today I want you to kill 20 male goblins in VOTD using only your summons.

So you would go to and kill 20 male goblins in VOTD cave using your summons. You talk to the NPC you are trying to help and he goes "Thanks for the help! Those green buggers won't be bother me for a while." You gained 4000 + 200x<summon level> xp. The xp for the quest could be much better than the current quest since you actually have to do something.

The difficulty for lower levels came up, so I would propose the following level-gated quest levels:

Summoning < L30

20 Male goblins in VOTD cave. 4000 + 200x<summon level> xp

20 Skeletons in PL cave. 4000+ 250x<summon level> xp

20 Gargoyles in TG south cave. 4000 + 300x<summon level> xp

15 Female Orcs in VOTD temple. 4000 + 350x<summon level> xp

15 Trolls in Carmien Manor. 4000 + 400x<summon level> xp

15 Male Ogres in Vermor Castle. 4000 + 450x<summon level> xp

Summoning < L50

20 Male Orcs in Tahraji Desert dragon cave. 500x<summon level> xp

20 Armed Female Orcs in Naralik Catacombs. 600x<summon level> xp

20 Polar bears in Irinveron. 700x<summon level> xp

20 Armed Male Orcs in Hurquin Crypt. 800x<summon level> xp

15 Cyclops in Tahraji Desert. 1000x<summon level> xp

Summoning < L70

15 Desert Chimerans in Melinis. 1100x<summon level> xp

15 Mountain Chimerans in Ruins of Tirnym. 1200x<summon level> xp

15 Frost Trolls in Trassian. 1300x<summon level> xp

15 Forest Chimerans in Kusamura Jungle. 1500x<summon level> xp

15 Yeti in Imbroglio Islands. 1700x<summon level> xp

Uncapped Summoning

10 Giants in Aeth Aelfan. 1700x<summon level> xp

15 Arctic Chimerans in Hulda. 1900x<summon level> xp

1 Black Dragon* in Aeth Aelfan. 2500x<summon level>xp

* This would require that the non-instance/invasion/invance black dragon not cast smite summon. The dragon is currently not farmed anyway, and allowing summoning on it is unlikely to change that.

Anyway, that is my suggestion for a summoning daily. PK areas give better xp than non-PK areas, and higher level mobs give more xp as well. The chat log from 6 is below, but note the idea I presented above has developed some since then.

[16:35:09] [Rabbitman @ 6]: has there been anymore discussion about adjusting the summoning daily to using summoning :?

[16:35:17] [Rabbitman @ 6]: rather than fur dump?

[16:36:14] [newhope @ 6]: what you mean Rabbitman ? (like sum daily is only "clear game of trash furs" atm?)

[16:44:45] [Rabbitman @ 6]: I mean "Today I want you to kill 10 cyclops using only your summons"

[16:45:06] [Rabbitman @ 6]: which summons to use are up to you, so stronger summoners can use slightly weaker summons or w/e

[16:45:26] [Rabbitman @ 6]: people without nexus can buy stones and use those (increase summon stone market for nicer stones too)

[16:45:39] [Rabbitman @ 6]: acw/giant/little dragon etc

[16:46:07] [newhope @ 6]: hmmms sounds realy interesting

[16:46:38] [Rabbitman @ 6]: have mobs of all range up to giant

[16:46:48] [Rabbitman @ 6]: xp goes up with higher level mob ofc

[16:46:52] [The_Punisher @ 6]: but the fur is good too, cuz any fur is useless, like to polar bear fur

[16:47:01] [newhope @ 6]: mhm well i gues its hard to implement

[16:48:41] [The_Punisher @ 6]: i think only need add any furs like to snow leopards, black panthers etc..

[16:49:23] [newhope @ 6]: The_Punisher yes for a few mounths furs will be fine, but what when we clear trash out of game? there is no so much furs incoming to game

[16:49:28] [Rabbitman @ 6]: it might be a little difficult to implement but i dont think so

[16:49:38] [Rabbitman @ 6]: game already knows which summons are yours (they follow you)

[16:50:11] [newhope @ 6]: talked about that with radu rm? i realy like the idea :/

[16:51:05] [newhope @ 6]: at all when they told "summoning daily" i thought it will be "come here little fucker and summon "xx or xxx" "this or that" near me on this ws area...

[16:51:38] [Rabbitman @ 6]: @puisher, maybe the furs will get used by people summoning them to kill the creatures for daily :P

[16:52:31] [Rabbitman @ 6]: like, i think polar bear strongest animal 3 summon

[16:52:39] [Rabbitman @ 6]: and has nice health so can get some good hits in

[16:52:56] [Rabbitman @ 6]: doesnt require tit longs like armed orcs, serp like cyc or ele like all the higher

[16:53:11] [The_Punisher @ 6]: have a lot of furs incoming to game.. if u select right furs.. like to fur or feathers of haidir mobs (falcons, leopards, hawk, etc)

[16:53:22] [The_Punisher @ 6]: and for low invance mobs

[16:53:36] [The_Punisher @ 6]: like to polar bearsa

[16:53:38] [newhope @ 6]: low invance mobs usualy is killed by low emu guys and they bring out nothing

[16:53:57] [Rabbitman @ 6]: my main point was point click deliver furs isn't a really interesting daily to do

[16:54:01] [newhope @ 6]: poalrs/falcons/bears/polar bears/hawks thous is okish.... even black panther but what about others

[16:54:11] [Rabbitman @ 6]: and killing 80 pumas for furs doesnt really sound like a summon daily either

[16:54:24] [newhope @ 6]: +1

[16:54:27] [The_Punisher @ 6]: yep.. puma no seems a good daily

[16:54:42] [Zilding @ 6]: don't even get meats :(

[16:55:15] [newhope @ 6]: lets clear this shortly, we arent against the new quest, its ok each quest is already good, but woud be nice to see real summoning quests. right ?

[16:55:42] [Wizzy @ 6]: those with no nexus could get stuck on one for a long long time, possibly forever

[16:55:53] [Rabbitman @ 6]: you missed the comment about summon stones wizzy :P

[16:55:58] [Wizzy @ 6]: I did

[16:56:08] [newhope @ 6]: well wizzy, same as some of us stuck on others quests... but for summoners it would be realy nice

[16:56:10] [Rabbitman @ 6]: increased market for slightly better summon stones if needed to kill the higher mob

[16:56:31] [Rabbitman @ 6]: armed orc stones, fluffy, sslessar, yeti etc

[16:56:39] [The_Punisher @ 6]: but it turn the daily expansive for newbie players

[16:56:59] [newhope @ 6]: you dont need to do all quests

[16:57:13] [The_Punisher @ 6]: and this way (furs) turn a lucrative way for newbies.. getting furs of invances, etc

[16:57:16] [Rabbitman @ 6]: remember it can be level-gated based on your summon level some way

[16:57:16] [newhope @ 6]: but if you decide to be summoner, why not to do it and get fun/activity and so ?

[16:57:26] [newhope @ 6]: like it should make your training more fun from view how i see that

[16:57:31] [Rabbitman @ 6]: i.e. < 30 summon level you dont get anything above male ogre to kill

[16:57:37] [Rabbitman @ 6]: <50 nothing above fluff

[16:57:43] [Rabbitman @ 6]: <70 nothing above acw

[16:57:48] [Rabbitman @ 6]: 70+ giants fair game

[16:58:48] [CastieL @ 6]: In 10min rm made better daily then it is now ; o

[16:59:05] [newhope @ 6]: new daily* imo my idea isnt that bad tho btw :P

[16:59:30] [newhope @ 6]: or actualy could connect thous 2 thingies to 1 big daily summoning quest

[17:00:09] [The_Punisher @ 6]: idk RM.. would be nice for me try increase de pc of animal trash

[17:00:42] [The_Punisher @ 6]: i only desagree about puma furs

[17:01:21] [The_Punisher @ 6]: anothers furs seem a good way to newbies

[17:02:26] [newhope @ 6]: like new quest which would be "make summoning to get summoning reward, not buy furs and give them away to get summoning reward"

[17:02:57] [CastieL @ 6]: going that way Daritha schould give manu exp.. but still

[17:03:36] [Rabbitman @ 6]: could be more summon xp than the fur one as well (haidir gives > daritha)

[17:04:48] [Wizzy @ 6]: did you ever think that maybe the daily is not ment for everyone to do every day? Unless dedicated?

[17:05:03] [Aislar @ 6]: but its called a daily

[17:05:21] [Wizzy @ 6]: not everyone does the eng daily everyday right?

[17:05:40] [Caliphear @ 6]: corect

[17:05:41] [quagmire @ 6]: i try to

Edited by Rabbitman

I better switch places, many of these places are the same haidir, this causes problems

but i agree with this new daily but I thought it was cool the current daily... cuz is a good way for newbies get a money...

only problem is the brown snake skin and puma furs, cuz are monsters that usually nobody kill... need change it for newbie invance mobs stuff (like black panthers) or haidir mob stuff

Edited by Punisher

I better switch places, many of these places are the same haidir, this causes problems

but i agree with this new daily but I thought it was cool the current daily... cuz is a good way for newbies get a money...

only problem is the brown snake skin and puma furs, cuz are monsters that usually nobody kill... need change it for newbie invance mobs stuff (like black panthers) or haidir mob stuff

+1

I couldn't agree more.

I like this idea. I was thinking earlier to propose an alternative where people would actually summon critters in one of the many summoning arenas, but this is probably better.

However, right now I dont think that it is possible to direct your summons to a particular creature on a map. Some proposed critters share the map with a similar level mob, such as Hurq crypt. I would try to make sure that, either no other mobs are on the map or other mobs count as well.

E.g. for Hurq crypt the hobgobs might work better.

All in all a much better and more flexible daily than the current trade furs for xp incarnation.

+1