Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maxine

Some personal suggestions to help improve this game

* Sell hydro rings for $1 in the EL store, this will not make hydro harvesting profitable compared to buying bars at NPC, but at least provide an alternative for all those stashed s2e-s.

* Make a potion of tailoring
* Have a real summoning daily (and other skills as well), that are quick (5-10 minutes) but do require the appropriate skills and nexus. To be done in the summoning arena right next to Maia or some other appropriate location.
* Change Joker to be less predictable, once I knew all 125-130 spawns finding him became a tedious job. If wanted, I could produce a list with about 100 new locations, since the last time they were changed/added to was 27-may-2013. Totally random would be even more fun.
* Start using the test server again for real testing of changes to the game, get the bugs out before they go life on the main server.
* Make a pk-instance like we discussed 5 or so years ago and actually tested then (and yes, I was having fun pk-ing then). This should preferably be a closed economy with chars and items only used in there, so it is a true test of skills and not p2w. The aim of the game is to have fun and test your skill, not to get rich. Wizzy's contest was a fun example of this.
* Provide some new, temporary, challenges to earn badges. Some of them might be associated with extra xp earned, but there could also be items or just a ranking on a webpage as reward. The NPC in WS Castle could finally be put to some use in this.
* make instances for levels 0-40 (just for fun and to learn) and 40-60. These are no-drop for players and only have gc and special items drop from the mobs. No more bag fests such as the 40-60 invance. On death there should be a penalty, but not a rosto required.
* Fix the problem with the number of channels available, so you can actually see the fourth channel, and preferably a fifth and sixth too (for a fee).
* Make spawn times and numbers more flexible, so that for instance the boar daily is not so boaring ;)
* Make the flowers for Xaquelina be different, again taking away some of the predictability of the game
* Allow items to influence walking speed, not just with horses. This could come at the same cost as speed-hax, just a different mechanics.
* Take the burden of moderators to see if players are afk in invances and make the xp earned depend on activity (sorry gatekeeper) rather than a/d level. The a 5 minute afk because the doorbell rang wont be reason for a player to leave (THIS was what I asked for, doesnt sound like NSA to me, but oh well).
* Bring back the def xp to invances and instances.
* Do not ban people for having a different playstyle or different opinions but listen and discuss with them based on arguments and facts. This game has the potential to attract a much bigger audience because of its unique nature, but has been surpassed by many new kids on the block, like for instance minecraft, which obviously is not such a big success because of the great detailed graphics.
* Allow more people to contribute to the content of the game, not only ideas but possibly some actual coding as well. The players of this game are an incredible resource that goes unused.
I have posted many more suggestions over the years, often from others than myself. I will gladly return to EL to help with implementing these or other ideas.

He needs a Community Manager who gathers the best ideas and suggestions from the players, so the best ones can be part of a future update.

I don't know susje, but even in 1st topic i see many nice ideas and more comes over reading other topics... i doubt maxine sent him these ideas in 1 day and what from these happends? You can see on your own...

So, this is real.

I have started EL in 2003, with a friend's advice, before server crash.

Since 2003, I have seen many many things going in the game, gotten to know many people, seen many advices and ideas.

But I feel like most of the things that has been implemented are; all about money. The changes at drops, the rosto chances, new armours (expensive armours), etc. They were all about the money that radu could make. But in the end, the game got boring and boring, items got more expensive everyday etc. The greedy-ness got this game dead.

The second thing that I hate about EL is, the difference between a new starter and a 10-12 year old char is WAY TOO BIG. There has to be reachable-end-game so that the new comers can find the game attractive. There should be a reach-able level and after that, there should be quests, instances, bosses to kill, new unique items etc to play around.

If I would come and start EL today, I would say "what the hell? 10 years and they finally got highest level in game and that's only a/d"

The last action that was taken to allow multi was the biggest impact. Now this game is a Multi Massive Players Online But A Single Player Game

End of story.

-Kaddy

The second thing that I hate about EL is, the difference between a new starter and a 10-12 year old char is WAY TOO BIG. There has to be reachable-end-game so that the new comers can find the game attractive. There should be a reach-able level and after that, there should be quests, instances, bosses to kill, new unique items etc to play around.

This was part of the motivation of putting a cap of 100 on a/d on the PK server. The idea was anyone could join at a later time and be able to catch up with everyone else in a reasonable amount of time.

The problem is that most of the earlier PKers on the server had limited (boring) one-dimensional characters. So when they hit the cap they had nothing else they could do, got bored, and left. Those with more well rounded characters kept going even after reaching the a/d cap.

It's hard to make some sort of an "end game" that everyone has a chance to reach, but still have enough stuff to do for the people that get there.

Kadlub made a good point. A much shorter character lifetime is likely going to attract more people.

He needs a Community Manager who gathers the best ideas and suggestions from the players, so the best ones can be part of a future update.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/page/developers.php

Aislinn-Community Manager :whistle:

Do keep in mind that while this is a place of business for Radu, it is only a volunteer roleplaying job for Aislinn and moderators such as yourself. You cannot possibly be expected to contact every player asking for feedback and suggestions.

Now, even if this is was real paying job for you and Aislinn, it is still the developers' job and QA team to gather suggestions. Community managers are official representatives whose jobs are to clarify policies and moderate situations that arise when community confusion over those policies happens.

Edited by hussam

Being in a guild is awesome but doesn't really add anything to the game as it is, most of the things that I can think of are linked to paid services already so probably won't be added to guild bonuses such as special gear awailable from a special guild NPC and so on but something we don't have that might be posible:

Add guild quests, both single and multi ones that can only be done when you are in a guild.

With those add a ranking system based on points gathered from special guild quests that is used for a toplist on the website where you can see which guild is at the top. The guilds that are at the top 3 can get a cosmetic reward such as a medall next to the guild tag or a special color on the guild tag for a set amount of time and maybe some exp from the quests.

I also would like some minigames :P yeah said that before..

Edited by Entris

Do keep in mind that while this is a place of business for Radu, it is only a volunteer roleplaying job for Aislinn and moderators such as yourself. You cannot possibly be expected to contact every player asking for feedback and suggestions.

Why do you think yo ucannot contact every player for feedback? there are like 50 players...

- reinstate the pk rooms in MM but make them mini pk no-drop instance rooms. You have all to join the same ch and then pay an individual fee to the NPC, for instance 10*(a+d), to get a combat room allocated to your team for a maximum of 30 minutes. When a player gets killed they respawn in the waiting area behind the rooms. At the end of the time limit, all players get teleported to the same area. Special days do not apply to these rooms, but players can buy private room-modifiers (for 30 minutes) with items or gc.

The MM battle hall PK thing might need some additional work... would have to remove the telepads in the PK rooms if they're to be invaded. Plus I believe the NPC in the back dining room has a necessary use at some point in some quest (this is me being vague, heh) and would need to remain accessible.

The idea was not to have mini invances, but just private arenas where people can pk for a fee. No invasion mobs, just players duking it out. Mechanics for entry the same as regular instances:

- make a team (minimum two players, max ?)

- pick a channel and have everyone join it and make it the active ch.

- pick an available room.

- select and pay any modifiers (no-drop, extra xp, capped attributes, no summoning ...., all existing modifiers)

- pay the fees to the NPC where each player entering needs to have enough gc on them or team doesnt enter.

- enter and fight

- when a player dies (s)he leaves the arena and ends up in the backroom of the (actual) MM BH

- when the timer is up or only one player is left everyone is teleported to the bar.

- rinse and repeat

The actual map this happens on could be a copy of the MM BH map, like iscalrith invance map is a copy, or a bunch of separate maps. The latter is probably a better idea, with one map per 'room', which would make the modifiers and individual times very simple but use up a whole string of new map numbers. The actual MM BH would remain unchanged, so no issues arise for any other uses of the rooms. It would just be roleplay to say you go to door #1, #2 or #3 ;)

all these are wonderful ideas. We just have one bottle neck mucking up the works, radu. No disrespect to him, just he is the sole game programmer. Most other games have teams of programmers, we have just 1. The client side, sure we have several programmers working on that. Its the server side where all the actual game changes happen is lacking. No disrespect intended, just the facts.

* Allow more people to contribute to the content of the game, not only ideas but possibly some actual coding as well. The players of this game are an incredible resource that goes unused.

- reinstate the pk rooms in MM but make them mini pk no-drop instance rooms. You have all to join the same ch and then pay an individual fee to the NPC, for instance 10*(a+d), to get a combat room allocated to your team for a maximum of 30 minutes. When a player gets killed they respawn in the waiting area behind the rooms. At the end of the time limit, all players get teleported to the same area. Special days do not apply to these rooms, but players can buy private room-modifiers (for 30 minutes) with items or gc.

The MM battle hall PK thing might need some additional work... would have to remove the telepads in the PK rooms if they're to be invaded. Plus I believe the NPC in the back dining room has a necessary use at some point in some quest (this is me being vague, heh) and would need to remain accessible.

The idea was not to have mini invances, but just private arenas where people can pk for a fee. No invasion mobs, just players duking it out. Mechanics for entry the same as regular instances:

- make a team (minimum two players, max ?)

- pick a channel and have everyone join it and make it the active ch.

- pick an available room.

- select and pay any modifiers (no-drop, extra xp, capped attributes, no summoning ...., all existing modifiers)

- pay the fees to the NPC where each player entering needs to have enough gc on them or team doesnt enter.

- enter and fight

- when a player dies (s)he leaves the arena and ends up in the backroom of the (actual) MM BH

- when the timer is up or only one player is left everyone is teleported to the bar.

- rinse and repeat

The actual map this happens on could be a copy of the MM BH map, like iscalrith invance map is a copy, or a bunch of separate maps. The latter is probably a better idea, with one map per 'room', which would make the modifiers and individual times very simple but use up a whole string of new map numbers. The actual MM BH would remain unchanged, so no issues arise for any other uses of the rooms. It would just be roleplay to say you go to door #1, #2 or #3 ;)

Perhaps along these lines?: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58321&p=574141

I had forgotten about elf_ninja's suggestion and based my idea on the testing we did 5 or more years ago.

I would prefer to have the entry in MM though, for accessibility and consistency with other instances.