Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
deneochris

Elven (Part one)

Elves are an old race full of mystery, legend, and other fables of good and evil. From all the stories ever written of this race are set aside to fact, and lies. Truly Elves are of the woods; I grant those who wrote that truthful.

Though Elves keep their history and past to themselves, truth will be revealed. Every elf has his story. These stories, written by Bards, Lords, or in the notes of their own diaries each have a bit of truth. Elves not only find peace by putting their hands into moist earth; some attack alloys and metal with such vigour it shames dwarves.

Others prefer wasting their days in the grey smog of an ancient coal mine. Elf after Elf, set on trips to unknown islands, frozen wastes, and desserts, every one of them to uncover truth, or find a new set of sigils.

Stories by Elves, for Elves cannot always be trusted. Elves do not write stories about them selves expect for arrogant Elves; who bend truth to favour of my race.

This story however is the story is about the Dwarves, and Orchans races and the Elves treaty.

Chapter 1 Collect the pieces.

Long burst form ivory horns blasted though the stanched air. Elves paraded up and down the streets, the war was over. Elven ladies with torn dresses carried distressed children. Men from guard towers and homes, each with their own scars, yelled with joy. The elves then threw their battered weapons into a pile.

This war you didn’t hear of, if you did either you were part of it or a great historian. The reason this outrage was kept secret was that the battles each left a mark of shame on the nations, thus they kept it secret. They were many other reasons for the secrecy, such as the wards cast by mages, fast and silent military tactics, and the battles took place in the most remote areas.

This war was now over; the peace treaties were beginning to take place. The Elven king, a mysterious man, whose name was Vilo’dean. He had not been doing well. The tribes of the Orchans, as far as Elves could tell, were making excellent progess. Then the Dwarf clans did as the Orchans. Vilo’dean must have a secret he’s holding back, so spies were sent.

Shadows from the courts outer walls shielded me form unwanted eyes. The wide brim concealed my face. Lanterns hung in the misty shadows revealing a paved road. My arms crossed and my back leaning on the wall.

I’ve been waiting here for hours for the spy, Car’oen to come. Either he was dead, or continuing to solve this puzzle of kings, tribes, and clans.

Personally, I had no problems with Orchans, or Dwarfs. Just perfectly fine women and men which wanted to do this treaty. Though in court, whenever I got in, I had to remain sceptic of their intentions.

I was shaken out of my thought by a pair of feet disturbing dust. The man came towards me and handed me a package of letters, deeds, and treaties.

“My lady.” Car’oen whispered kissed my hand, “At first these records made revealed their mysteries to me, but the rest a Laion can do.” After he was done, I dismissed him.

Though there are things to be said about speed of Elves, I was gone, without a trace.

Chapter 2 Solve the puzzle.

The flame in my candle flicked to life as a chipped my fire essence and lit the candle. I laid the records on my table. I opened a letter with my knife and spread the sheet in head of me.

My king: Form Corpus.

Corpus, that’s an Orchan name, perhaps the treaty’s are going, I thought. But my king, he has allegiance?

Vilo’dean, the tribes of the Orchans can not be shaken from the diamond mines, time to negotiate with the blade of an axe.

Diamond mines? Has greed taken hold of our politics? Negotiate with an axe, that’s war. I need more evedance.

I shuffled through the paper to another letter.

Vilo’Dean, ruler of Elves.

This is a dwarves letter.

Can’t tell when treaties will be done. Might begin to

get slower due to disagreement of clans.

Mines of Wolfram might be the leverage I need.

Without them my clan will not be able to continue

Force will not be necessity

Kolao, leader of the clan of Blades

This letter is normal, I suspected some ploting.

My eyes scrolled down the letter then.

Vilo’Dean, ruler of Elves.

Can’t tell when treaties will be done. Might begin to

get slower due to disagreement of clans.

Mines of Wolfram might be the leverage I need.

Without them my clan will not be able to continue

Force will not be necessity

Kolao, leader of the clan of Blades

That was it! Greed is running the peace here. The war will start if someone does not do anything.

I ran to my other table and begun to write letters to the Orchans, and Dwarves.

This might work.

Next Chapter, Three heads roll.

This is my short story, I think I'll leave you in suspence.

Deneochris

Edit(S) Last checks on errors, grammer, etc

Edited by deneochris