Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the_grud

Hourly Message

I did, and I read the forum subtitle. I wasn't suggesting or implying that you couldn't ask that question here.

But, as you don't give even the slightest indication who's hosting your bot (or, iow., what code your bot is running),
you make it unnecessarily difficult for anyone to provide a useful answer. You are of course free to phrase your
questions any way you want. Conversely, anyone reading it is free not to try and figure out what you mean/want.

In addition, it's the kind of fine tuning most might not be interested in...

But to take a shot at answering your original question:
I doubt it's possible. The server sends out a message every minute, to keep the clients (including bots, if they want)
synchronised. So using an interval that's not an integral number of minutes complicates life for the bots, as they
have to keep track of an offset relative to the minute tick. Why bother to code that?

Edited by revi

On 5/19/2017 at 6:32 AM, the_grud said:

Maybe stupid question but,,,,,is there any way of adjusting hourly message to maybe 1hr 5 seconds?

maybe check the coding to see if you can do it, the code is usally the trick

as far as i know it is not possible for the el-services.net bots. as the hook for the message is the new hour beep from the server.

what you can adjust is the amount and time between advertisement or chat in alternative channels.

Edited by vinoveritas