Story & Quest Writers Agreement
Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:56 PM
Eternal Lands Story and Quest Writers Agreement
1. By writing a story for Eternal Lands you will agree to let Eternal Lands use your story by placing it within the game, website, and in any official materials.
2. Eternal Lands will not make any major alterations to your story without prior permission from you with the following exceptions:
a. Eternal Lands may edit your typos and grammar to be correct.
b. If you story is being added to EL and you cannot be contacted, Eternal Lands may update and edit as required to finish preparing it for inclusion.
3. Remember that you are volunteering to write a story for Eternal Lands. Eternal Lands owes you no type of compensation unless otherwise discussed.
4. You will be given credit as the author of your story in the volunteers section of the website and in the Author line of your story.
5. Eternal Lands will retain all rights to in-game and official website use. You retain rights for use outside of Eternal Lands.
6. After you have submitted a story and agreed upon these rules, you may not request that Eternal Lands takes your story out of the game or off the website. Once submitted, Eternal Lands has the right to use your story forever.
All people submitting stories and/or quests MUST read and agree to these rules by making one post here!
Type the following in your post stating your agreement:
I, [name here], have read, understand, and agree to follow the above terms of the Eternal Lands Story and Quest Writers Agreement.
Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:04 AM
Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:06 AM
Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:10 AM
Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:53 AM
Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:09 AM
Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:47 AM
Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:43 PM
Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:21 PM
with the following exceptions & additions (none of which are conflicting):
I may choose to voluntarily give up my rights/credits as author, or I may refuse to add my name in the Author line, or use another name, decided on an individual basis.
4. You retain full credit to having written your story, your name will go up under the volunteers section of the website and in the Author line of your story.
Should I use another name, as long as it does not falsely indicate another person to be the author, or wish to submit something anonymously, I would expect this to be allowed (I may use the name of an NPC, character in the storylines, my RP name, etc, for the purpose of the story)
I also allow greater editing rights than point 2 requires, to bring any of my work into line with existing/forthcoming official works; either after consultation with me or if I am uncontactable
Should changes be made while I am uncontactable, I reserve the right to request editing of the story be reoppened, should I wish to amend changes made. I accept that this request may be refused
I also do not require my name to go on the volunteers page for writing of a story.
I also agree to retroactively apply this agreement to all my previous work in writing for storylines & quests (as has been submitted/updated)
Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:36 PM
Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:34 PM
Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:41 PM
Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:39 PM
Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:03 PM
Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:48 PM
Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:50 PM
At least, I'm assuming this is retroactive.
Posted 24 October 2005 - 12:32 AM
Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:39 PM
Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:29 AM
Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:23 PM
On the legality of this btw, not sure whether real names should be being used?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users