Eternal Lands Official Forums
Usl

Android widget: EL Time

Well, we are on the Android Market now! Install, comment, rate!

market-header.png

In general, use the market version if you want to stay automatically updated on any future release (and improvements!).

Link to the web page: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.fallenangelsguild.eltime

or, if you are reading this on a phone: market://details?id=com.fallenangelsguild.eltime

or, if you prefer QR codes: qr.png

NOTE: you might have to uninstall the non-market version manually (or at least, remove it from your home screen -- then, the Market app will offer to uninstall it for you, and install the market version in-place).

Nice video for the advertisement. It does not look too good on my phone, but I am sure it looks great on an actual computer. If nothing else, it gives a good idea of what the game looks like while viewed from the phone.

EL Time only displays a ? since Sunday. :(

El time indicator (linux ) doesn't work right too ...it doesn't show special days ..just game time ... I guess it has sth got to do with trinity

Edited by anemone

Yes, trinitybot apprears to have a problem. She is not updating the time currently. Usl's android applet handles the problem better than my Linux applet/indicator. I must add some detection of trinitybot's time being more than an EL day out of date.....

Sorry about that, but indeed, Trinitybot has not been updating for a few days now. Not much we can do about that, but if the outage lasts longer, I will implement similar functionality in one of my bots (Rraisa, probably) and upload a new version of the widget working on that.

Sorry about that, but indeed, Trinitybot has not been updating for a few days now. Not much we can do about that, but if the outage lasts longer, I will implement similar functionality in one of my bots (Rraisa, probably) and upload a new version of the widget working on that.

Someone must have kicked TrinityBot awake as it's working again. Perhaps make the change anyway so there's a failover bot for the app to use?

Thanks!

Someone must have kicked TrinityBot awake as it's working again. Perhaps make the change anyway so there's a failover bot for the app to use?

Thanks!

The aim for next version is to additionally alert about invances, recognize day removals, etc. -- but it will need to use a totally different technique, so it will take some testing... Stay tuned! :)

I've travelled two time zones east and now the widget clock seems to be running 2 hours ahead of real el time (I've checked on the CEL site). For the first 2 hours of what the widget thinks is the el day, I get a question mark instead of info about the type of day. It's not a major disaster, and I really appreciate this app :-)

I've travelled two time zones east and now the widget clock seems to be running 2 hours ahead of real el time (I've checked on the CEL site). For the first 2 hours of what the widget thinks is the el day, I get a question mark instead of info about the type of day. It's not a major disaster, and I really appreciate this app :-)

Mmm, the widget uses the time as set on your phone, but it is totally possible that I do not refresh the timezone - tbh I never tried this :-)

Maybe you can remove the widget and re-add it? If that's the root of the problem, removing and readding should fix it.

I will keep that case in mind for the next version though.

I had changed the actual phone clock, not the timezone setting (I'm still not used to having a smart phone :) ). At this stage I tried reinstalling but it made no difference. Later I discovered the timezone settings, changed back my clock and adjusted the timezone setting to display the local time, and the widget worked correctly again (possibly with a reinstall, I can't remember).

works fine, except for some days get cut off mid sentences on my samsung galaxy s2

I had changed the actual phone clock, not the timezone setting (I'm still not used to having a smart phone :) ). At this stage I tried reinstalling but it made no difference. Later I discovered the timezone settings, changed back my clock and adjusted the timezone setting to display the local time, and the widget worked correctly again (possibly with a reinstall, I can't remember).

Don't even bother changing the time ever. There is often a setting on smart phones to update itself by the cellphone network. If that is enabled, you will never have to set it again.

Hi guys :goofy:

Any chance to make this app more powerful and implement chat? I would kill to have chat-client-only EL app for Linux and Android (I know, it is Linux too).

Last week bought me an SGS 3 \o/ , installed this app ofc. It works great and love it .

And just what Devnul asked to make it more powerfull , would be very nice if this app would give more ingame info.

Like amounth of invaded monsters last time invance started etc.

Chat ability would be awsome ofc but i gues that won't be so easy to make.

Yeah, sorry about that. I added some code to restart Trin when the MySQL server gets restarted, but it doesn't appear to be working and I haven't had any time to look into it. Feel free to drop me a line (torg@grug.redirectme.net) when she goes offline.

The aim for next version is to additionally alert about invances, recognize day removals, etc. -- but it will need to use a totally different technique, so it will take some testing... Stay tuned! smile.gif

Let me know if you would like her functionality expanded to handle any/all of this.

"He's dead Jim." How about spreading the bot-side code around to mercator and at least one other for better reliability?

Hi Folks,

I have this EL time widget on my Android phone. But a friend was looking for it to put on her phone and couldn't find it. I couldn't either.

So, does anyone know where this very neat widget it hiding please?

--Zoot

It's no longer in the android store :(, however, the 'here' link in post 19 downloads it for you - but then you need to transfer and manually install.

Edited by Raz