• Italian
    • Portugues
    • Japanese
    • German
    • Other

personally, i'd like "American" to be up there, i'm not British

btw, nice argentine jersey you have as your avatar :blink: :lol:

You don't speak American, you speak English.

I believe someone, and I forget who, said that America & England were 2 countries separated by a common language.... :P

wow. that's like saying to a chinese person (the two main chinese dialects are mandarin and kantonese, there is a noticeable difference, to chinese people) "you dont speak mandarin, you speak chinese" <_<

i speak american, not british. got that?

Dutch...

I think that's the one he couldn't spell... Dewsth :P

oh, i voted other :)

wow. that's like saying to a chinese person (the two main chinese dialects are mandarin and kantonese, there is a noticeable difference, to chinese people) "you dont speak mandarin, you speak chinese" <_<

No, your wrong. Your American, and you stole the English language.

Listen to me, YOU speak English (US), NOT American.

Got it?

I wouldn't go bragging about that.

Cantonese and Mandarin are pronounced very different. The spoken communication between a cantonese only speaker and a mandarin only speaker is impossible (or very difficult). Also they have some different written characters. You cant compare this to english and english spoken in US.

Cantonese and Mandarin are pronounced very different. The spoken communication between a cantonese only speaker and a mandarin only speaker is impossible (or very difficult). Also they have some different written characters. You cant compare this to english and english spoken in US.

So, it's like americans speaking english or spanish? :D

I demand you add Greek on the List I am greatly offended having to choose "other" as my option because someone ommited the mother of all languages :) .

Go Greek .....

Got it?

if my pride of being american and not british offends you, then ignore my post, its a simple task really, just dont respond to it. i dont say "good day" or "spot of tea" or "chap", i say "hey", "soda", and "dude". all i asked was to recognize the difference between british english and american english, dont see how that affects you at all

and @ aislinn: actually, i can, and i do, i wouldnt tell you that you shouldnt have pride about being whatever nationality you are, so dont do it to me <_<

Got it?

if my pride of being american and not british offends you, then ignore my post, its a simple task really, just dont respond to it. i dont say "good day" or "spot of tea" or "chap", i say "hey", "soda", and "dude". all i asked was to recognize the difference between british english and american english, dont see how that affects you at all

and @ aislinn: actually, i can, and i do, i wouldnt tell you that you shouldnt have pride about being whatever nationality you are, so dont do it to me <_<

You speak English, whether or not you are proud of being American. Pride of nationality doesn't offend me. But you do speak English.

...then ignore my post, its a simple task really, just dont respond to it.

Hmmm...do as I say, not as I do? :)

btw, nice argentine jersey you have as your avatar :) :lol:

i remember myself saying "personally" you want to flame me for saying what i'd personally appreciate? that's certainly not constructive criticism <_<

i do not speak english. i speak american. that is my opinion, you are entitled to your own, but that doesnt mean you can stomp on mine.

and @ aislinn: o, you're being really clever, i was telling placid to lay off my post, read his post to understand why it was unnecesarry, all it did was flame my post and tell me that i'm wrong, pointless criticism just like you, he made an insulting post at me, so i responded to it by telling him to lay off <_<

I demand you add Greek on the List I am greatly offended having to choose "other" as my option because someone ommited the mother of all languages :) .

Go Greek .....

modern greek ain't related at all with old greek..... And besides that, I wouldn't call old greek the mother of all languages

Regards,

kl4Uz

I demand you add Greek on the List I am greatly offended having to choose "other" as my option  because someone ommited the mother of all languages  :) .

Go Greek .....

modern greek ain't related at all with old greek..... And besides that, I wouldn't call old greek the mother of all languages

Regards,

kl4Uz

lol, most languages have some roots in latin/greek :lol: if greek's the mother, latin's the father :P

also, hebrew could be added (not that i can speak it) since orthodox jewish people and very devout christians speak hebrew mainly, as the old testament was written in all hebrew

Actually greek is an offspring of the ancient proto-indogermanic (also called indoeuropean) languages aswell as the romanic languages.

You could say greek and latin are brother and sister. ;)

Greek would be the older one tho. ;)

American language is a primitive form of English language. It's degraded (not improved) form created for all those years when europeans (most british) were moving to America... :P

And about Greek... and all those languages that weren't included in this poll - it's only because 'creator' didn't know there is any players from those countrys (and its 'hidden' under 'other') :)