Eternal Lands Official Forums
Learner

Rent-A-Ant

Now offering Rent-A-Ant!

It will follow you around where you go for one month for a $5 fee! Discounted rate of $50/yr is also available. Normal yearly bot fees to Radu apply, no blessings allowed.

To get one:

1. Paypal me $5 with your name & the ants name to stevew@pcann.com. pay Radu directly or thru me the yearly bot fee

2. Create an player called Ant_<your name here>

3. Add Human nexus if you want them to be able to wear armor, make sure they have a reasonable Perception

4. Consider if it should have MM or not and what stats (an Ant can NOT be Blessed)

5. Have it join your guild it you want it to

6. wait

7. I'll change the PW, add to my server, and post that the slave has been rented

8. PM the Ant_Queen the word 'slave' to make your Ant login

9. If your ant logs off without being told to, you may need to repeat step 6

If you don't understand these instructions, maybe you should not rent an ant?

Note: the bots password will be changed once I give the server control of it

Several commands you can PM your slave:

1. beam

2. sit

3. stand

4. stay

5. heel (or follow)

6. come (only if the can see you)

7. die or bye (logoff)

8. tport (attempt to teleport to the next map if they know of a teleporter there)

9. where (get a PM with the coords the slave is at so you can find it)

10. left to turn left

11. right to turn right

12. forward

13. backward

14. dance (followed by specific moves, uncrowded areas only)

15. wear

16. pm

17. ring (use a teleport ring)

18. trade (enable/disable trade with all, defaults to enabled) (as of 10/11/2014 ants will only trade with their owner)

19. inventory

20. get (coming soon)

21. suicide

More commands will be added as their use is evaluated and potential for abuse. Abuse of an Ant will can be punished by Rental cancellation Without Refund.

They WILL NOT MULE or harvest or fight for you! They are currently for looks and fun!

The Pets/Ants can log out automatically if you are out of the game for a short time. Please be nice to other players and don't abandon them near crowded areas.

A Premium version is available for $100/yr extra allows your Pet/Ant to be changed into a Fox.

Changes approved by Radu 10/11/2014

* Ants will be given commands to trade items back to you

* Ants will be permitted to carry items/inventory for players

* Ants will be subject to the Yearly basic Bot Fee paid to Radu )on top of the fee to me)

* Trading with any player will be disabled to prevent abuse. They will now only trade with their owner

The pet ants being allowed to carrying items for their owner and trading them back is a special exception to the bot rules by Radu for rented/pet ants on 10/11/2014.

Heh that sounds like fun :)

Saying that, every time I look around there is an ant standing behind me, it is a bit worrying as they even follow me to the bathroom :P

*edit: ah I have sugar in my pocket never mind*

If they do not MULE for you whats the point of this ? It's not good enough for me to call this 'FUN' :/

Different people have different ideas of fun. And since muling is against the rules and there are limits on bots, they can't mule for you.

It's a bot, bots can't fight for you or mule for you. In the future things may change, but not currently.

LOL!

*starts to imagine*

sisteMa: Sit... Siiit!! no! sit!! bad ant! BAD ANT!!.. omg!!!

you failed to flee...

sisteMa: omg! noo... get it off me!!

sisteMa has pushed the daisies...

Ant_sisteMa grings..

*poof* (ent comes)

Entropy: pffft.. all you had to do is say 'die'

Entropy: Die!!!!!!!

Entropy uses teh g0d p0w3rz!

#Message from God: Ant_sisteMa was eaten by a Grue (lagged out)!

Entropy: Muahahahah!! >BD

[PM to Entropy: wh00t! you're my hero! :)]

[PM from Entropy: tis my job :P]

*snaps back to teh real world*

:D

i think it's a funny idea. But can I prevent my slave ant to go to pk areas with me? Or to stay outside dangerous areas?

i think it's a funny idea. But can I prevent my slave ant to go to pk areas with me? Or to stay outside dangerous areas?

167758[/snapback]

If you issue the 'stay' command to you ant, it won't move until you tell it to follow you again. I usually issue a sit command as well.

ohhh ohhh!!! I wanna Rent a Brit!!!! or even Rent a Gnome!!! Where is the Gnome in a barrel lady?? I wanna put in my order for 1 brit :P and a few gnomes :D

JaneMuffin

ohhh ohhh!!! I wanna Rent a Brit!!!!  or even Rent a Gnome!!!  Where is the Gnome in a barrel lady??  I wanna put in my order for 1 brit :) and a few gnomes :)

JaneMuffin

167792[/snapback]

Since you get to create the ant, you do have the ability to control it's looks. They don't have to be the ordinary black ants.

Let's see if I can make $5 a month, and may be if I could pay you in cash :ph34r: I can't get a paypal account (I don't think (can 15 yr olds get paypal accnts?))

That would be awesome, having an Ant clone of me :D

Can they harvest and stuff, and could we maybe log in and give it perks or something (or should we do that before we want our ant?) cuz if it's a dangerous area (not PK) just give it monster magnetism :P (and will things be auto equipped?)

Also could we pay a lifetime fee or not?

Edited by Aerowind

Aerowind,

You should be able to get a paypal account linked to your bank account. Thats how I have mine.

this is like the story of eyerobot all over again...........

I find it hard to understand why an ant can't mule for someone. Why is a mule and macroing against the rules when it isn't against the rules to have 3 people or more using a single character. If you macro you are gaining exp while afk....if you have more then one person on an account you gain exp while afk. :blink:

You can have three people, but the three people aren't supposed to be helping each other. Having an Ant mule or fight for you would be very similar to you running another player and muling for yourself (which people do get banned for).

Until the muling rule is changed and I get a blessing from Entropy that Ants can carry for you, they will not do that.

If you feel strongly that it should be permitted that is a discussion that needs to be started in a seperate thread, and not just a poll for the players. The discussion needs to cover in detail the pro's and con's of muling and possible ways of allowing limited muling with breaking game balance.

:( Why not just call it "Billy no mates, rent a friend" If I wanted a shadow following me around, I`d adjust my game settings. Pointless if you ask me, and just something else to make the game lag and clog up areas. Still each to their own I s`pose.

you cant sell ants they are people too you know!!

and isent slavory illegal!!@!#@

you are pure ebul!!!

your humble friend

SirDan

you cant sell ants they are people too you know!!

and isent slavory illegal!!@!#@

you are pure ebul!!!

your humble friend

SirDan

168428[/snapback]

I'm not selling any ants ... they are only being rented out as a service to and for the community!

ahh a loophole nice work

*goes and sell... i mean rents people for 100 bucks a day*

Edited by sirdan

Can we somehow make them alch/summon/cast/harvest with us?

cuz then we could train our ant, without logging onto them (i'm not saying have it help us) like if we give it ingredients we should be able to PM it saying like "Alch" then we could have ant wars (could we make them attack rabbits?) as long as they don't come into dangerous areas and kill monsters for us or something? Please explain every last bit they would do

Aerowind,

You should be able to get a paypal account linked to your bank account. Thats how I have mine.

I have a banking account? I'm 15. lmao :)

Edited by Aerowind