Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Patriot

Best ways of building up a mage

So I have this character that I didn't know what to do with, so I thought I would create a mage out of him...you know help me in fights and during invasions...and kill me some giants so I can get kewl stuff.

My question is...what is the best way to go about building a mage..

Currently he has

Level 36 Attack; 39 Defence

Level 23 Magic

Level 32 Harvest

Sucks(worse) at all teh other skills

Attributes so far

Reasoning 20

Will 32

Overall 13(reset)

yes, took some negs...see below(insert about pk)

What would be the best way to go about this...what perks would be good...attribute leveling....best way to get overalls with the skills I have listed...

Just give me some ideas please...

btw...this is a pk server character so please do go rambling on about illegal multiplaying and all that crap because it IS LEGAL on pk server....which is also why I can afford to take a majority of the neg perks cuz I have 4 other characters...

If you need a char to do tailoring/pot/alch etc, you can use a char with a magelike build, since it will level faster at low levels, when the exp bonus for high ratio is considerable. Just bring ingreds with your other chars, and mix with the mage one.

About perks, i would take anti (since you can multi legally), scotty died, power hungry, icd (if you get multied with a mage build, you are screwed anyways), maybe hellspawn (dunno about it, maybe you want to pwn dragons with the char, and it would be a pain to get there with HS).

About training i think you already know, but if you didn't, here it go: best way is mana drain, if you don't find a partner there is some monsters who have mana (namely: giant spiders, non-polar bears, white tigers. desert chim, forest chim, yeti). If you have some problem of getting AEs, you can train life drain too, its not horrible exp/gc spent ratio and you can train that with any monster.

Tips: Always get your harvest exp in, with high ratio the exp is way too easy to resist. you'll get an easy 8k xp/ph off medium level plants, around 10k+ xp/ph on tree mush etc depending on rationality.

The magic side of things, seeing as it's no cooldown on PK server, Shield w/minor mana pots untill you can life drain then just life drain an alt that has full hp and make sure your mage also has full hp. Some storages are PK so it's rly np with low emu. Mana drain will annoying if you're trying to level it on your own. Best to train a/d with it and mana drain the bear outside of NC sto if you're willing.. otherwise you'll need to find someone to MD train with you. Do any mixing skills that don't require any nexus.

thats pretty much the basics.

Mages' Bible studies - Chapter One: http://el-wiki.net/MagpieLee%27s_Guide_to_Magic

I'd focus on is maxing Will first - especially if you have another character which has high EMU.

Perks: Definitely fast regen. and maybe evanescence. Neg Perks: Scotty Died, One, I can't dance, antisocial. I'm not so sure about the above listed power hungry - You'll want food to restore mana for constantly burning for magic exp, carrying around extra food on low EMU would be annoying.

Your high rationality should make levelling with Alchemy very easy. Gods: Alch, magic and def.

Perks: Definitely fast regen....

Your high rationality should make levelling with Alchemy very easy. Gods: Alch, magic and def.

Why not save the PPs towards increasing rat and just buy a white cape? A proper mage is not well dressed without one of those :)