Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New summoning creatures idea

Sounds great but still got 1 question though ^^

When is summoning gonna be made into a useful skill? Every other skill in the game enables you to make money in one way or the other, but summoning just makes you lose it.

Ages ago when fluffs/chims were first made summonable it was great because you could make money from PK summoning, but these days the amount of chims you need to kill one person is kinda stupid, plus the fact that people use rosts = summoning makes you no profit.

I got no ideas myself of course :icon13: Just felt this needed to be said since it is the major downside of summoning atm.

he makes a good point about that :> perhaps artic chims could be made summonable and 5%change to break stone ^^ but i think ent said something in diff post about summoning making money not usre

Summoning works well as a way not to make money though, as many people use it as a way to show of there wealth :icon13: and experence in game. If you look at all the top 50 summoners i bet you will find that almost all of them, if not all of them, are in another top 100 list

How about more undead summoning. LE+DE+bones+armor/weapons to make armed skellies/phantoms summonable. I love undead. :icon13:

And I welcome this as another way to get rid of these swords. (many people I know have over 20 tit longs and cannnot get rid of them...)

I don't know how much it will help manufacturers of iron swords (although it might help people wanting to sell monster-dropped iron swords) . . .

An iron sword requires:

10 iron bars worth about 25-30 gc each = 250-300 gc total

1 steel bar worth 30-35 gc each = 30-35 gc total

2 fire essences worth 3 gc each = 6 gc total

total materials value = 286-341 gc

An iron sword can be bought from the blacksmith for 250 gc and can be sold to Trik for 125 gc.

This arguement can not hold water. There is NOTHING in the process of making the swords that actually costs money except for vials. It is only a matter of time.

By my calculations, an iron sword costs me about 1gc, and I can sell it for 125. That is not a bad profit margin for spending a bit of time getting resources and making things.

What a great way of saving the market :D

a tit long is a mere 400-800gc these days OMFG!!!

iron swords are 125 so bringing a somewhat useless item (except for god quests and newbies temporarily) It would push values back to a more comfortable place

Not to mention its just another great idea :icon13:

As Foehammer stated, there aren't any essences in the formula (I'm sure there is though, 'tis just forgetfulness).

Other than that, yeah, it's a great idea. Though it's a bit confusing, lol.

(and lol @ the_antiroot, show off :blink::o)

- Sistema.

I like this idea - there was no logical reason to not let summon those - especially since there was possibility of summoning other monsters.

I don't know how much it will help manufacturers of iron swords (although it might help people wanting to sell monster-dropped iron swords) . . .

An iron sword requires:

An iron sword can be bought from the blacksmith for 250 gc and can be sold to Trik for 125 gc.

This arguement can not hold water. There is NOTHING in the process of making the swords that actually costs money except for vials. It is only a matter of time.

By my calculations, an iron sword costs me about 1gc, and I can sell it for 125. That is not a bad profit margin for spending a bit of time getting resources and making things.

The manufacturer shouldn't be doing all the harvesting and alching, it should be possible to buy in supplies, make a sword, sell at a profit. In the real world does the guy you buy t-shirts from spend a few days picking cotton before making it?

An iron sword requires:

The manufacturer shouldn't be doing all the harvesting and alching, it should be possible to buy in supplies, make a sword, sell at a profit. In the real world does the guy you buy t-shirts from spend a few days picking cotton before making it?

In real life we can't summon animals/monster (Read as: this isn't real life)

I really like the sound of this. My manufacturing skill has stalled at the moment, simply because I'm at the stage of making iron swords/broadswords and there's little profit to be made on them (aside from the occassional bulk buy of iron swords). And the amount of time it takes to gather the ingredients and make bars for them, just doesn't make it worth my while for the little amount of money I make- I may as well just sell the bars. :)

I'm also a low-level summoner, and I certainly would like to see more summons. And it'd be nice to level up my manu to make ingredients to level my summoning. :) I'd love to be able to summon racoons and skunks, and spiders too (maybe thread+meat+essence?). Maybe some tweaking on the formulas, but otherwise, sounds good. I liked Demonboy's suggestion on using earth essences - many people make these for exp, though they have no use as yet.

doesn't make the point any less valid; but it's an issue that has come up in several discussions about the problems (or lack thereof to some people) in EL's economy.

An iron sword requires:

actually, you don't even have to buy vials. you can make Potions of Reasoning, sell them to Mira for 15gc each and buy Potions of Feasting for 11gc. so you can not only get free PoFs, by being able to buy more PoFs than you sold PoRs, but in the process you get more vials too. and can even come away with money if you like.

An iron sword requires:

but your character doesn't value his time?!?!? if their time is worth so little, that they can do everything in the world themself, then why do they bother doing anything at all?

doesn't make the point any less valid; but it's an issue that has come up in several discussions about the problems (or lack thereof to some people) in EL's economy.

i'm sure it will come up several times in the future untill a good solution can be found

Just a thought...

goblins drop leather things right?

not alot else does right?

why not put padded leather shirt, or something like that into the items list needed to summon a goblin? i think it would work well for getting rid of all those useless leather items that sell to Trik for about 3gc more then the ingredients are worth. it would put leather armor to good use (barely anyone will buy it anymore) :D

thats my opinion anyway :P

I really like anything that can benefit one skill that, IMO is hard, really, but I think that the exp/price for swords won't make it available... For example, I saw around 300 exp for a medium creature, say armed male gob. You can sell a Steel Long to Trik for 450 (yes, 450!!! :P ) and the exp can be 300-400 for each.

10 wolf furs (100gc) + 20 meat (100 gc) + 30 bones (15gc) + 20 LE's (120gc max) = 345gc ; Exp given per wolf at level 23 (mine) with 14 Will (mine too :P) = around 40 or 50, can't remember well... Total exp for 10 wolves: 400 or 500... So not really worth it, right?

[Edit to say that this works for steel long and below, better weapons can be worth it because there is no minimum price (Trik's) so I can't make all these calculations :P]

Just my personal thinking, I really hope I'm wrong, so please correct me if I am :P

Hope EL is back soon :D

Edited by Moebius